NSFW owlet and Dave's worldbuilding bonanza

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by TheOwlet, Apr 22, 2019.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Might have to adjust the blackrom playlist (orrrr make a new one mayhaps)

• Like x 1
  2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

aodhan: *tries to braid asher’s bair*
    asher’s crispy hair: *crunches*
    aodhan: D:

i mean it’s probably not THAT crispy since he’s vain as hell and puts basically all of his energy at any time into the appearance of functionality, and hair care is visible so it is Important
    but fae as metaphor for autism hair gel texture bad

the idea of aodhan being intimidated as hell by matt but being enough of a stubborn fuck that he refuses to leave anyway is VERY good and i am here for it

what do we thiiink...the symptoms of squid cancer would be? i feel like the “end” state would probably “loses all humanity/is completely subsumed by the squiddles” BUT OBVIOUSLY I DONT WANT HIM TO ACTUALLY GET *THAT* FAR ALONG SJDJNDD
    so things like, slime puke, ink coming out of Face Holes...i want to say appearance changes like black sclera or ashy skin but i also want those to be temporary if that makes any sense?? something about Permanent changes like that is no bueno to lizard brain. even tho other permanent changes are fine to me???

i feel like also maybe things like random intense cravings for salt water, mmaybe occasionally saying things but instead of words it’s this awful nonsense eldritch gibbering?? maybe also liking the cold to the point it’s harmful, like matt comes by and he’s been in a bathtub full of cold water for long enough that his lips are turning purple and he’s shivering but he still fights matt about getting out?? maybe shit like *goes to store* *sees fish heads* *sudden intense urge to eat raw fish head in the middle of the store* “what the fuck”

I DUNNO HRMMM

3. TheOwlet

Yeah i was thinking a mixture of actual physical changes and more psychological ones

So def ink and clammy skin but i reckon those would only come out as he actually draws on magic or if he doesn't apply enough magic-chemo to battle to squidfection back

Perhaps also scale texture UNDER the skin that sometimes presses up through it a la horror movie? Orrr maybe his (very water looking) hair starts to move like actually underwater

Poootentially, some of those changes could only be visible to mages too because it's primarily soul-cancer, and the physical bit is secondary

Love the idea of 'opens mouth, speaks gibverish, doesn't notice' because matt has something like that? He's fluent in old norse but he doesn't actually know it. People think the ancidnt chanting is on purpose and don't mention it, and it sounds just normal to him, but it's Hel based translator Software at work

Alsooo may the effecf starts to spread out from Asher as the infdction progresses? Like he pours himself a glass of juice but it flows the wrong way, his handwriting starting to become a whole different scrpit, space around him behaving oddly. Like maybe he's spent an hour watching a clock but the hands didn't move and the shadows outside didn't vhange but if he looks away suddenly the clock works and jumps forward, and so do the shadows?

Like, the squiddles aren't just water based, they're /reality breaking/ and asher would potentially exhibit some of that if they can't get a grip on things

Also: maybe they can't get a grip like they thought thdy could because Lily...is infected.. And via twin-link she acts as a sort of Reservoir for the Infektion (maybe that's also why it goes slower on her? It funnels from her to asher)

• Like x 2
  4. TheOwlet

Also 'scared of you but still gonna shout you down' is such a turn on for matt, he's so used to people being all afraid/respectful

Btw, how old are we framing them? Like, adulte but...which range...

• Like x 1
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

YEAH!!!!! I LOVE ALL OF THAT I WAS ACTUALLY IMAGINING A SCENE LIKE

asher is sleeping and aodhan and matt look in on him and the dimensions of the room are warping? the walls are bending and light is behaving weirdly and there’s Things moving out of the corner of their eyes. and then they blink and it’s like nothing happened

or maybe he’s out and he thinks “i want to walk this direction” and suddenly ends up there without and recollection of moving through space at all

or his dead things start Looking at him, turning eyes and heads to follow him around the apartment

the idea of him pouring a glass of juice and just exhaustedly watching it float up to the ceiling like “Same Shit As Always” is killing me

and him writing shit and it coming out gibberish oculd totally be like a way to hint at the automatic writing he’ll do once they get shit under control and he’s Spiritually Immunocompromised

also hrmm i’m kind of playing with the idea that aodhan is older than he seems, because the fae is weird, but i’m thinking the maturity/experience equivalent of mid twenties? and asher is a college kid so probably between 20-22

• Like x 3
  6. TheOwlet

oh man how many dead things does he have and which kind because like. Potentially exhausted necromancer in the same space. That's gonna be fun and totally not trauma inducing for everyone involved nooooo

this is gonna be so good i'm stoked for this

mid twenties works well enough yeah, so Asher would be a little younger than both matt and aodhan but not super much. giving both of them a chance to go 'my dude, you did not think this through at all' in dead pan fashion once they figure out what the hell is going on

• Agree x 1
  7. artistformerlyknownasdave

hmmm i think he has a few fossils, nothing exceptional there, shells and fish and the like...several wet specimens? an octopus for sure, probably some reptiles, a sheep’s brain, a fetal pig probably, at least one diaphonized animal...i’m thinking a frog? several insects in resin and shadow boxes, as well as various Bones and snakeskins and things. the centerpiece is a fully articulated cat skeleton he probably paid way too much money for. probably all just stuff he bought except for a few stray bones since i can’t imagine he has time or space to keep a colony of dermestid beetles while he’s in school.

asher is peak idiot! it’s his brand!

tangentially i’m thinking that, since he’s older and didn’t grow up in extreme isolation here, he probably has had a Lot of relationships that ended badly, given his...him-ness and how he treats attention and wanting the same. probably deliberately sabotaged himself more than once because getting into huge blowup fights and screaming matches guarantees more immediate attention than a chill relationship, and if he fucks it up with purpose he doesn’t have to worry about accidentally making them hate him. casual sex is probably a thing too although i imagine that’s mostly him and exes being unable to have a clean break. and one night stands are free attention no strings attached!

8. TheOwlet

*beats Asher with the therapy stick*

Does That mean he'sd also sabotage his healing process because that good good attention fron two guys...

• Like x 2
  9. artistformerlyknownasdave

oh man you know what he totally might? which could explain how he ends up getting sick enough to have the physical effects manifesting, if he’s dodging their help to try and keep them fussing over him...

and if there’s psychological changes, there might be some part of him that Wants it to happen, that wants to get sicker and make it worse and spur it on, so that might explain why his self preservation is delayed (and why lily is pretending it’s fine for so long)

10. TheOwlet

Oh yes. Love me some slow mental damage and tbh that would freak matt out?
    Because he's like always keeping an eye on himself, looking out for necro-madness and seeing asher and Lily slide into that while insisting that they're fine would push so many buttons

I can give my boy honest to god nightmares, which will be the 'fun in funeral' kind

• Like x 1
  11. artistformerlyknownasdave

hell yes i love that!!! fuck!
    matt asked for none of this and here it is anyway

matt and asher's similarities are so delicious to me i'm just like :3c seeing some of their flaws and insecurities mirrored in the other....oohghg chef kiss

so hmmm...i'm wondering how they do eventually manage to stop the spread/fix him (inasmuch as he can be fixed)?? i'm really really really excited by the idea of matt and aodhan's magic being opposite sides of the same coin and using that to do Big magic....mmmmmmmmaybe something like trying to kill/excise the squid cancer while simultaneously forcing asher's soul to stay inside his fucking flesh prison?
    and do you think they'd have to repeat the process with lily or that the removal of the primary source, as it were, would get it out of her too?

i think lily's side effects might be...hmm...since she's a witch she's probably a little better at shielding, but she shouldn't get off scott free? probably lots of nightmares, just at minimum.

• Like x 1
  12. TheOwlet

Yeah tgey have some tasty tasty paralleles it's Delightful!!

I think that trying to excise/kill the Infektion while keeping asher alive is the way to go.

Matt /can/ kill physical infections but i think for this his job would be to keep his soul from making off. And aodhan does the actual remival if infection.

Honestly i think they may have to treat them both at the same time or they just end up reinfecting each other all the time. So giant Ritual Setups, potentially with the Infektion trying to fight baxk and take control? Might even need restraints huehuehue

• Like x 1
  13. artistformerlyknownasdave

oh yess hell yeah, especially since *AODHAN'S the one who's been exposed to this kind of shit all his life, he might have an easier time getting a "grip" on the infection as it were, and his magic is geared much more towards healing physical wounds, not tying someone's soul to their body

i'm kind of imagining it takes a While to actually get the proper "clear out the infection for good" ritual yeah?? i feel like partially because aodhan's stalling both on actually properly removing the infection and stalling it from subsuming asher completely, because he is an idiot and choice paralysis is real. partially because maybe he Has to stall to amass enough ~*~feelings~*~ to do the ritual without breaking something, since big stuff gets easier the more sympathy he has? (and i bet using the "confessions" end of his price helps a lot with that, because you can't feel for someone if you don't Know anything about them)

and then maybe the ritual sex + smaller preventative measures function as test runs to figure out what's effective specifically so they don't just fucking kill lily and asher? but matt has a lot of experience i imagine so maybe that's just aodhan's excuse :p

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  14. artistformerlyknownasdave

FUCK WRONG NAME

• Witnessed x 1
  15. TheOwlet

Oh yes yes that's good. Yeah matt has a good grip on souls but healing is inly in really limited ways something he can do

And they probably need tk Teach asher and especially Lily to handle magic or sudden terrible side effects are likely for all four of them

Alsooo matt and aodhan will need their own protective measures if tgey don't wanna get contaminared in the process and all those things will take tkme to acquire and inplemernt calling in favours and stuff like that

16. artistformerlyknownasdave

oh man yes lily in particular is a walking time bomb if she doesn't learn how to use magic, isn't she?

also man the infection fighting back when they try the Big ritual is SO DELICIOUS, having to restrain and very likely hurt these people you've spent however long protecting and trying to help, because otherwise they'll straight up try and kill you to preserve the thing that's killing them
    hoo!

oh man i'm so excited for calling in favors, i wanna see more of your dudes SO BAD

• Like x 1
  17. TheOwlet

Y E A H Lily def needs to learn how to at least keep a lid on her magic or she'll read 'snack' to a lot of supernatural predators....

That would be an excellent venue to bring in Ariel. Who's an empath BUT very few people know that he's got the active component too. Not just feeling what other people feel, but being able to project it, so there's a massive mindfuck potential but he might be very useful in artificially keeping someone calm. And like...Ari ain't entirely human but in verse it's a huge mystery what exactly is mixed in with him

ALSO Jess as a zombie is very strong and since she's dead prolly immune to contamination sooo she could help restrain asher/Lily while aodhan and matt try to magic this down....

• Like x 1
  18. artistformerlyknownasdave

OH HELL YEAH THAT MINDFUCK POTENTIAL SOUNDS AWESOME I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ARI IN ACTION
    also aodhan projecting on disney's ariel and having some kind of obnoxious bitchy reaction when finding out This (sort of) Fucking Human stole his waifu's NAME!!!! HOW DARE!

ooooooooooohh yes jess should totally help them out with the ritual, i have to imagine they'd need an extra set of hands to keep the feral twins from killing themselves/other people

ok ok ok ok ok so i should probably stop rolling around in late game stuff and figure out how the hell they start :P probably a good starting point is lily and asher Doing The Summoning, yeah? i just wanna make sure i don't asspull it and end up fucking up established lore
    shitload of candles, draw the summoning circle on the floor, put hot plate in the middle (shflkjsflkjfksjg), boil lobster, burn composition, recite some spooky shit from the book (i almost wonder if it would start off in english and then almost imperceptibly slide into incomprehensible speech as it started to take hold?) and then everything goes to hell very quickly? i'm kind of picturing like, and tell me if any of this doesn't work or if i'm missing something important, all the candles blow out, lily and asher get a chance to look at each other like ???? and start laughing, as you do when you realize you got scared over nothing, and then asher just. eyes roll up in his head and he falls over and i want to say seizes? because getting a chunk of your soul ripped out has GOTTA fuck you up...and then lily rushes over and as soon as she touches him, it spreads into her?

and then matt and aodhan bust in to this clusterfuck

19. TheOwlet

Yeah that sounds about right for the summoning! Probably something about timjng it to newmoon high tide or something like tgat, summoning circle wayy complicated, like FMA levels of geometry involved so they can have an evening doing that - and maybe fucking with it in inadvisable ways so there's already spooky effects like random rain noises and suddenly wet hands etc

• Like x 1
  20. artistformerlyknownasdave

maybe the boiling lobster......freezes. and maybe it starts subtle so they don't really notice, but the candle wax starts to drip upwards
    i love that they spend hours getting out the ruler and the diagrams kneeling on the floor drawing this Just For A Goof! i think on some level they're both so dissatisfied with their lives that they're lowkey hoping for Anything weird to happen. and then it does! in the worst way possible!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice