Password assistance request

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by ILockedMyselfOut, Jun 26, 2015.

1. ILockedMyselfOut

ILockedMyselfOut New Member

This should be a catch-all thread for this purpose, look how appropriate this sock account is!

@seebs @jacktrash This is SwirlingFlight. I asked Seebs if my password could be changed so I could log in on other devices, and before I got the reply, my tablet revolted and logged me out. Could I be pmed the replacement password? Thank you.

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

@seebs i have no clue how to do this so *passes the buck*

3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

4. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

This system seems really open to abuse. Like...

5. Excuse me, @seebs , this is actually *pulls name out of hat* your darling husband, who got locked out. Can you pm me my password?

I don't see a way around people doing things like that. How are you going to prevent password scams?

6. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

If my memory serves me correctly, sub accounts have individual passwords(so it's possible to locked out of one and not another), and Seebs can see how all the sub accounts connect. So, not so much?

7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I can check IPs. Also I was in fact aware of the previous communication.

• Like x 1
  8. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

Those are optional, though? Like, you can go one level down without setting new passwords?

9. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Could be. I haven't actually played with subaccounts. Abuse is still possible, but given Seebs' point, I don't think it's easy exactly. As long as he remembers where every one is from xD

10. ILockedMyselfOut

ILockedMyselfOut New Member

Given that I have the same username on Tumblr, for me to confirm myself is relatively easy.

Thank you Seebs!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice