Passwords?

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by BaseDeltaZero, Apr 6, 2017.

1. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

So as mentioned in the toolbar, it's planned to reset passwords/require new logins?

So... I don't actually know my password (the usual suspects aren't working, I probably either mispelled or generated a random one that Trend didn't record), and my attempts at using the automatic reset function haven't worked. Has that been a problem for anyone else? Is the change even still on?

Also, can I get my password fixed, somehow?

2. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Seebs or an admin can change your password for you if you email or PM him. From what I know, the board doesn't track emails, so it can't send emails like that, or the action is disabled somehow.

I think a friend of mine got it to work once though, but I think it was more a glitch in the system than anything else? Might be worth checking your email in contact details and making sure it's correct, but I doubt it'll send you an email still. Best way is to just let Seebs know ahead of time of the session purge.

3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

The automatic reset thing is entirely disabled, because it relies on being able to send email, and I turned off email entirely.

4. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Seebs's big secret is that the email thing isn't really for protecting members, it's because they don't know how to set up a SMTP server.
    (joke)

5. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

hey seebs you should just post a list of everyone's passwords somewhere

that way if someone ever loses their password they can look it up

• Useful x 3
    • Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice