pattern patter

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by keltka, Jan 18, 2019.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

if you make patterns for knitting, crocheting, or weaving, sewing costumes or stuffed animals or quilts, or felting—or really, anything fiber arts, post it here!

if you need tips or recommendations, or you'd like to show off your methods (or maybe you've got some SWEET software you use), drop that here too.

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

as my threadwatching gift, i bring flaming hearts

flaming hearts.jpg

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  3. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Dimir symbol! I’m making a playmat for MtG, double knitting this in blue and black. Will try to post a WIP pic if I ever remember to grab a camera when I have the project out.

AD3B20AD-BB34-42AE-8CCB-2248990E2D13.jpeg

• Winner x 3
  4. Astrodynamicist

I have intentions to make charts for each guild symbol, but that’s kinda backburnered between lifey stuff and having promised two patterns to my moirail.

• Like x 2
  5. jacktrash

oh yeah, this thread exists! i forgot! and i had so many more patterns to share. thanks for bumping it, astro.

spades.jpg

please enjoy spades! don't forget to secure your float in the middle of those wide areas, wouldn't want your kismesis to get their fingers caught.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. jacktrash

and a pair of patterns i designed for something i want to make for my mom, based on her favorite 'blue danube' china pattern

blue danube 1.jpg blue danube 2.jpg

they don't link up or tile, the plan is to mirror them.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  7. Astrodynamicist

Mirror as in like, you do

dbdbdbdb

across the piece? Instead of aaaaaaa?

8. jacktrash

exactly.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

I'm going to write it like this from now on, that is hella handy for phrasing

• Like x 1
  10. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Ooh. When I've got time and spoons, I should share what I've done so far, for my Spite Skirt houndstooth pattern - help spotting bugs would be good, if anyone's interested in doing so, since it's 1) my first time actually writing a pattern and 2) I'm writing it as I knit the skirt, so there's potential for wonkiness galore. Ideally, I'd like this to be something that I can put up on Ravelry (possibly even for sale) and have it be functional for anyone else who wants to use it.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice