Please help my cat

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Lizardlicks, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

My furry idiot ate a god damn nerf dart and got an intestinal blockage.

I'm already tapped out on my credit, and we don't get paid until Friday, but she needs to go into the vet in the morning, and they won't see her if we can't pay up front.

I don't know how much surgery is going to cost, but she's going to need new xrays ($150) and fluids (another $50) plus a whole bunch of other shit just for prep.

If you can donate great, if you can't I would really sharing, reblogging and signal boosts.

Here's the tumblr post

and Here is the fundraiser proper.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. Lizardlicks

Update!

We’re halfway past the original goal! The current estimate is based on cost for new set of x-rays, antibiotics and IV fluids at our regular vet, plus an overnight stay at the E-vet if she needs overnight care before a surgery. We’ll get new images today, and best case scenario, the blockage will have at least moved, and we can try keeping her hydrated on an IV drip and seeing if she passes it on her own. If it hasn’t, we’re looking at surgery, and the vet will give me a new estimate for that. Keep your fingers crossed, we’ll know something more in a few hours!

3. Lizardlicks

Update the 2nd:

Vet update from this morning is that Nepeta seems to be more comfortable and is currently stable enough to bring home for monitoring. They did not re-take any x-rays this time, as the hope is her showing signs of improvement means the piece of foam is moving and she might be able to pass it on her own. If she doesn’t have a bowel movement tonight, she will go back to be re-imaged tomorrow morning for further evaluation.

4. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

:( sending good thoughts!

• Agree x 1
  5. Lizardlicks

Thank you! Keep your fingers and toes crossed she can pass the thing on her own with out surgery, that would best for everyone in the long term.

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice