Possible Impending Doom

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

will the subaccounts hover menu be restored, too?

• Like x 3
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I don't know what hover menu you refer to. There's a login-as-user thing, but apparently it used to do a hover menu, I guess? No idea. They may have changed it.

3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Yes, Login-as-user used to have the option to hover our cursor over it, showing a drop down menu of all our subaccounts, listing the number of alerts each subaccount had next to them. Now it's only the option to click it and choose which account to login as. More convenient than needing to go to each subaccount and login from there, but it's still a lost feature.

• Like x 3
  4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

it's still the same menu, it's just you click and get a popup, rather than the dropdown happening on mouseover. probably a feature that was changed in the update for some reason.

5. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

It doesn't give you alert information, though, only log-in options. The dropdown would tell you if any subaccounts had alerts you hadn't seen

• Like x 4
  6. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Thanks very much for all your hard work, Seebs and Jesse. I appreciate how quickly the subaccount problems were resolved.

• Like x 13
  7. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

^this

i may have just short-circuited all my spoons away, but i still have much appreciation for doing the thing

• Like x 6
  8. seebs

Oh!

I think in theory alerts have been merged so you should see them on the main account, or something.

• Like x 2
  9. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

This doesn't seem to be the case, I've gotten no alerts for likes made to posts by my subaccounts, nor do the likes appear in the list of likes on my main account

• Like x 1
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Same here.

11. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I receive alerts on my main for threads i post in under subaccounts but only if i use the "post as user" below the reply box to sort of temporarily switch? so im still really on my main. but when actually logged in as my subacct, no

eta: which is to say i receive alerts normally unless i do the thing with post as user.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like x 1
  12. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I always use post-as-user
    ¯\_('_')_/¯

13. seebs

Huh, I have no idea.

14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Post-as-user gives you the alerts to whatever account you are Actually logged into.
    For example, I posted as my main while logged into mina, and mina is getting the alerts.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice