Posting Trouble

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Scheherazade, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

For some reason, it seems like I can make short posts, but anything longer than about a paragraph or so won't go through. The Internet I'm using here is kind of... delicate, for lack of a better word, but you'd think that would keep me from posting at all instead of just restricting it. Help?

Edit: aaaand of course after I finally ask about the post immediately goes through. Still, this is the second time in two days that this has happened. I'm going to assume it's a problem on my end for now, but if it keeps being an issue after I get a better connection I'll open this back up again.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I don't know of anything that should produce such an outcome, but the world is very mysterious.

• Like x 1
  3. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Well, y'know, it's your basic well-known phenomenon of repairmen's visits. The washing machine makes weird growling noises all week and swears at you outright every time you try to run a dark load, then the technician drops by to look at it and suddenly it's quiet as a nun, assuming we're not talking about the nuns in the choir.

Something about gremlins, I think. Well-known fact.
    (On the technological side of things, your guess is as good mine. Probably better, actually.)

• Like x 1
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Possible the MTU set on your computer and your router disagree; short posts don't exceed the troublesome length, but a post longer than a certain amount makes for a TCP packet be large enough to cause problems.

But that's really unlikely on a home computer and a home router in this day and age, so ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice