Potentially Homeless

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bornofthesea670, Aug 23, 2017.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

My current living situation might be nearing it's end...my mother and I are not compatible roommates and she can be emotionally unstable. I don't know when I would have to leave. I'm not being forced to leave, but she wants an answer very soon (in a hour or a day, who knows).

I have five or six dollars in my account and potentially four or five hundred coming next Friday, on payday. I have few people I can ask to spend the night, and I am in Morgantown, West Virginia. We have a large homeless population and I don't know if I could get a bed at any shelters. I'm currently not in danger of losing my job, but if i become homeless I might have trouble making it to work, and the added stress will muck with my mental illnesses and potentially I will make mistakes, which is a big problem since I work as a cashier. I work at Goodwill, so I might have more options for survival, but it's a kinda big if.

I don't have a car. I could get a bus ticket next pay back home, where the cost of living is lower and I can see a cheaper/free psychologist, but I would still need a job and jobs are very hard to come by back home, when you have little experience and few job skills. I do NOT want to move back in to my father's house, between him and the stepmother I would self destruct. Or self instruct? Anyway, I might actually go through with suicide if I have to end up back there.

Alternately I could try to make nice with my mom so I can stay long enough to make a better plan, but our issues (my procrastination, forgetfullness, not hearing alarms, and other depression and mental illness caused things make it very, very hard to get everything done that she sees necessary, and she's losing her patience. also she doesn't believe that i find it hard sometimes to register an alarm going off, and considers me a liar when i tell her thats why i didn't wake her up for work. Liars are scum in her mind.)

I've never lived on the streets, and I'm pretty scared. I can live off of peanut butter sandwiches, barely, until payday, but I'm not sure what to do in the long term, how I can continue getting therapy ( i have had one appointment since I got here and I haven't spoken to a psych to get my meds filled again), and how to get ahead. I'm not very good at functioning even when I have a roof over my head and showers. Also I'm a grouchy bitch, so even if I could find a roommate I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go very well either.

Back home is Tucson, Arizona, btw. And I have a friend in South Carolina, that I might be able to be roommates with, but i don't know if he has enough for a down payment on an apartment, if i could get a job quickly enough in carolina, if i could be a good roommate, or if his marine girlfriend would kick my ass.

That's only a partial joke.

uhm...i don't know, advice or links would be amazing. Sorry guys :(

Edit: I forgot to mention that my mom works at the same goodwill, so me asking about homeless options when they know her might make things fucking awkward. Not awkward enough to not get me help, but still. FML

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Sympathy :( I don't have much advice, but if you tell me what part of SC I might be able to tell you about the job market there. Do you have a high school diploma or a GED? Because the midlands area at least does have some growth for like... Food service, grocery, retail jobs. The area I just left has stores opening up left and right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice