psych ward: round two (kinda urgent?)

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Jan 9, 2017.

1. okay. so i feel not great! really not great. i had a horrible experience last time i went to a psych ward, but i was a minor then, so i think shit should be different. i hope? if someone has experience with both, preferably multiple someones, it'd be cool to have deets. also, anyone with experience in the state of florida would also be good.

2. okay, so i'm doing laundry and starting to pack, but any help would be appreciated.

3. in the er, would seriously like a response?

4. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i unfortunately have zero experience, but i am sending good vibes your way. :( c'mon people i'm pretty sure there must be a handful of folks here with experience ...

• Like x 1
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

witnessed, but I do too have zero experience :c

• Like x 1
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I have experience with both from my stays (adult) and my sisters stays (minors). The adult stays were overwhelmingly better than the ones as a minor.

• Like x 1
  7. okay, cool! what was it like? also, they're talking latuda, anyone have experience with that?

8. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

latuda as far as i know is a medication for bipolar disorder. that miiiiiiiiiiiight be the one that sent luka to the hospital, but i don't want to accidentally talk out of my ass.

• Like x 1
  9. yeah, it is. was kinda hoping to see if anyone else had experience with it, lol.

10. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

Witnessed, but no personal experience, sorry D: my best wishes and if I can do anything to help, I will. I'll check back in; hope you're okay x

• Like x 1
  11. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

The adult side is way more chill, and nurses and techs tend to listen more as long as youre not yelling or distressing others. Even then theyll still usually try and talk you down before going straight to the "booty juice them to hell" solution like a lot of minors get. My sister has stress induced seziures and often their solution to that was "keep her away from other patients and keep her low level sedated all the time so she doesnt have seziures" instead of helping her.

The best thing you can do when you get in is go to as many groups as you feel comfortable with and sleep. Be as open with how youre feeling and what meds are doing with the nurses and techs as you can. The adult wards tend to be a lot more "management of illness" based than the kid wards, which are more about "making better life choices"

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice