Quick Question

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by BlackholeKG, Jan 10, 2016.

1. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Quick question as I can't seem to find a quick questions thread (or a particularly extensive site breakdown/faq), but I was wondering what the precise function of the brainbent forum is. Is it just for venting/giving support? Is there a more definite criteria for what would belong in there as opposed to, say, the bbbbrrraaaaiiinnnssss forum (and indeed the other advice forums), especially seeing as there seems to be a lot of crossover in the type of things discussed.

• Like x 1
  2. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

From this thread

3. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

It's an offshoot of the brainbent fanfic/blog's old "group hug" thing. I think in practical terms on this forum that mostly means it's under the care of @Vast Derp and I think @rainbowbarnacle rather than just Jesse and seebs.

In practice it seems to mostly be used for venting/not-okay rambling about whatever, whereas brains tends to get more threads about specific mental illness/brainweasels/neurodivergence stuff and advice tends to get used more for requesting-advice-on-what-to-do rather than just needing support. There is a lot of overlap, of course, but I don't think that's a bad thing. There's not really a "wrong place" for most stuff.

• Like x 3
  4. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

yeah mostly it's an overflow tank for brainbent AU because tumblr is horrible

• Like x 1
  5. BlackholeKG

Alright.

Another quick question - what are the criteria to no longer be classified as a "new member"?

(Maybe it would be a good idea to have a dedicated quick forum questions thread so that this forum doesn't get crowded)

6. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Idk if that title changes on it's own almost everyone here uses custom titles which you can set somewhere in I think profile preferences or personal details?

7. BlackholeKG

I tried changing that and it didn't appear to work. What's more, my name displays in a different colour text in the user list.

I remember when I signed up it said something about having to reply to an email? I don't think I ever got that - maybe that's the problem?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  8. Mercury

Mercury 17 Quicksilver Scribe Tramples The Unrepentant

I think it changes on its own after a certain number of posts, but you can change it immediately under personal details. Doublecheck you clicked the save button at the very bottom.

9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

no the email functionality is supposed to be turned off entirely...
    this is weird!

10. blue

blue hightown funk you up

It's possible that your name displays in a different color in the user list because your settings make it so other people can't see that you're online - is it a much lighter blue than the others? In that case I think it's meant to show that you're online but other people won't see your username in the list.

11. BlackholeKG

Okay, so you guys were all right! I fixed all of the things from settings. I'm not sure why it told me I'd need to reply to an email when I first signed up but it doesn't seem to have made a difference anyway so there we are I guess.

• Like x 5
  12. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

That's actually a seebs-patented idea in which it's for people who have very overprotective/controlling people in their lives. No confirmation email? Well shoot, can't spy on my loved one.

Or something to that effect. I know it was a red herring at the very least.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice