Rate Up is a Lie (gacha games thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by LadyNighteyes, Nov 2, 2020.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

A thread for that most dubious of freemium game genres, and bemoaning your success or failure in the spousu gambling market.

• Like x 2
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

GACHA HELL GACHA HELL
    right now i'm just playing fate grand order (which i love even though a lot of the art causes me physical pain to look at) and genshin impact on the ps4!
    i used to play dragalia lost and fire emblem heroes, but i can't handle having to coordinate with real people, so i dropped dragalia, and the power creep of feh finally killed it for me, and even hot bird men dressed like pirates couldn't keep me invested

3. LadyNighteyes

god if that's not a Fate franchise mood. Can't believe the same artist drew Moriarty and Raikou. The duality of man.

I've been playing Arknights and I am very bad at it, but I really appreciate its character design/willingness to let the female characters wear real clothes, and accompanying willingness to write its cast as having relationships and history with each other that are way more important to the story than how they interact with the player character. It's a breath of characterization fresh air that I definitely wasn't expecting when I picked up a grimdark tower defense game about catgirls with guns.

• Agree x 2
  4. emythos

moriarty is my absolute fav and i WILL fucking pull him! someday!!!!!!!! I HOPE
    raikou hurts me to look at. what is wrong with those boobs. she's like a snake someone glued balloons to.

arknights looks good artwise, but idk how much i'd enjoy the actual gameplay.

5. tentaclegremlin

tentaclegremlin i'll drop the freakin' moon

[nael crying alone in tales of crestoria]

• Witnessed x 2
  6. emythos

man rate up may be a lie, but my luck pulling five star riders is concerningly good.
    i've now pulled achilles, quetz, and medb in less than 60 quartz each, wtf

• Winner x 1
  7. fowlJ

fowlJ Member

I started Genshin the other day, it seems pretty fun.

The controls are just slightly wonky out of combat and the movement speed could stand to be higher, but fighting feels real nice.

• Like x 1
  8. tentaclegremlin

pray for me @ the genshin childe banner

edit: didn't get him. did get keqing. i'm. alright then

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Witnessed x 3
  9. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I've been saving my primogems for Childe. Also I love how one of the new quests after the update is called Mine Craft.

• Agree x 2
  10. emythos

oh god mood
    i didn't get him either, but since i got the little bartender catgirl, I'm fine.

11. tentaclegremlin

i've gotten Diona twice in four draws and didn't even want her...

• Witnessed x 2
  12. TheOthin

TheOthin skipped to campaign 2 for the tieflings

I've been playing FE Heroes since it launched in 2017, still love it.

The spark system has been really nice for making things more consistent, in recent months I've used it to pick up Shannan, Shinon and Flayn. I've also been slowly building up more and more old units to let them take down more recent power-creeped units, which is a lot of fun. Cecilia and Gwendolyn are two of my favorites of those.

• Winner x 1
  13. Wormwitch

I really want to level up Xingqiu, why are oceanids so hard?!

14. LadyNighteyes

owl.png
    Rate-up may be a lie but my medics are on the weak side so I'm honestly happier to have this narcoleptic science owl than either of the rateups.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Winner x 1
  15. Wormwitch

I did not get Childe, but I did get Ningguang.

16. fowlJ

fowlJ Member

I got her the other day too. I wasn't a huge fan of the starter caster character they give you, but she's pretty nifty so I guess if I get any neat books I have a character for them now.

17. 3strim

3strim Professional Accidental Rater

I've been getting nothing but Ningguang. All I want is Diona or Childe or some bow user that isn't Amber.

18. TheOthin

TheOthin skipped to campaign 2 for the tieflings

Heroes just introduced Pawns of Loki, a card game mode which is very fun but also extremely addictive. I don't even have any more rewards I can get right now, but you can keep playing it unlimited times and there's always room for better play or luck so I keep trying to improve my high score and then ending up with sore hands. Agh.

19. tentaclegremlin

Ningguang is SO FUCKING GOOD for a four star, she's honestly my main

• Agree x 2
  20. Wormwitch

I think Jean is my favorite so far, as soon as I got her I stopped putting the mc in my party because Jean's healing ability is so useful. No food? No problem! Just blow some enemies away and heal the party.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice