rats' garbage children

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by rats, Jun 15, 2018.

1. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like x 2
  2. rats

Claire Rivera
    Pinterest Board
    Appearance: Curly black hair, pulled back by a headband, used to bleach it; dark skin, nose was broken at some point and healed a little crooked. 5'8". About 25 years old. Broad-shouldered, high cheekbones; mixed Puerto-Rican and Native American (Cherokee? Need to do more research).

Personality: Cheerful and friendly outside the ring, passionate about modern art and food, especially hole-in-the-wall Creole-food places in New Orleans

Background/Skills: Excellent street fighter, journalist who moonlights as a boxer, makes a decent amount of money betting on herself. Has two older siblings and one younger half-sibling (mom's side) that she dotes on. University degree in journalism with a minor in creative writing; secret goal is to eventually be a published author

Drawings:
    upload_2018-6-29_12-26-50.png
    upload_2018-8-11_20-47-10.png

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Winner x 1
  3. rats

Katya Velikaya
    Pinterest Board
    Appearance: Long white-blonde hair, slicked back; slight widow's peak. Styled to be mostly straight with some curls near the bottom, about waist-length. Sometimes wears hair in a high ponytail. A strand of hair in front of each ear. Bright blue eyes, pinkish skin, straight + prominent nose, full lips, full-figured. About 5'3". Lightly freckles if she goes in the sun too much. Wears a lot of gold and pale blue dresses, fond of designer brands, very Russian-nobility-esque. Has three Borzois named Nikolai, Tatiana, and Xenia.

Personality: Catty, a little cold/sassy, pretty holier-than-thou. Comes from money and isn't afraid to flaunt it. Power-hungry and ambitious
    From AU where Russian nobility was never overthrown??? Maybe who knows
    Old Tumblr RP Blog lol

Background/Skills:
    Aristocratic upbringing, did finishing school in England, definitely poisoned a husband at least once

Drawings:
    upload_2018-6-15_19-52-11.png upload_2018-6-29_12-24-54.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload_2018-8-11_20-45-23.png

• Winner x 1
  4. rats

Alia Dunedust
    My dumb fuckin Wizard101 OC that became her Own Thing lmao​
    Appearance: Thick black hair in a shaggy long-ish bob; arched thick brows, left eye is amber brown and right eye is a bright purple. Scar across leftside of mouth, slightly aquiline nose, olive-ish skin and tans easily. Sharp af eyeliner. Average height, ~5'5"? Lean but strong, pretty fast.

Personality: Guarded and cautious, overly-vigilant and paranoid. Prolly some flavor of Depresso. Hard to open up but once she does she clings to new friends like it's going out of style. Quietly considerate, does favors for people without expecting a "thank you"

Background/Skills: Summoning-type magic, sorcerer, does a decent amount of herbalism. Demon hunter? Raised in a desert-type area in a Villa, diplomat-type parents weren't around much

Drawings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  5. rats

Alice Bardakçi
    Pinterest Board
    Appearance: Trans lady, SUPER tall (like 6'4"?), bony n skinny, fond of crop tops, high waisted leather pants, and combat boots. Lives in some sort of dystopian cyber-punk future. Curly light brown hair, medium skin, extremely aquiline/big nose, perfect eyebrows, hazel eyes? Has the best-kept manicure you've ever seen. Blunt cropped-short bangs

Personality: Bubbly, open, and cheerful; heart on her sleeve kind of gal. Does a lot of volunteer work.

Background/Skills: Some sort of Tron-ish light manipulation. Think Gwen from Ben10 after she became a witch (lmao) combined with Tron I guess?

Drawings:
    upload_2018-6-15_20-16-47.png
    upload_2018-7-14_23-46-10.png

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  6. rats

Raoul Menthe
    Pinterest Board
    Appearance: Tall, lanky, and freckled; hair dyed a pastel mint green, stayed like that because ??? magic bullshit? About 6', wears graphic tank tops, dark jeans, and high tops mostly. Part in his hair is extremely skewed to the left and it's all swept back towards the right. Green eyes, nice teeth, late teens (19?), never quite grew out of his emo phase

Personality: Draco Malfoy if he wasn't a racist and a bit more chill in general. Snarky, a bit of an asshole, a bit self-centered, but not a bad person at his core.

Background/Skills: His dad's name is Otis and his job is to drive the google maps truck, his dad works a lot and they have a bit of a rocky relationship because Otis tries really really hard to be closer to his son but Raoul doesn't fuck w it. parents are divorced, i think his mom is French-Canadian? lives in Montreal. Raoul graduated high school in his small town of Turnaround AZ and was just kind of chilling at home, in a garage band, super gay for a boy named Roderick (my friend's OC lmao). In a more AU type version of that 'verse Raoul fucks off around 19-ish, he has a reality warping/smearing power and can kind of hop between alternate universes. Mikayla is his younger sister and while he tends to needle her and poke fun he really does care in his own weird way.

Drawings:
    upload_2018-6-29_12-22-20.png

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  7. rats

Mikayla Menthe
    Pinterest Board
    Appearance: Average height and build, prematurely gray hair. Hair matches her brother's - mint green - on the bottom half when she was still idolizing him. It's grown out a lot but she hasn't had the heart to cut it all off since he vanished. Lightly freckled, side part in hair, clear grey eyes. Button nose. Wears comfortable and cool clothing - a lot of jean shorts, crop tops, and gladiator sandals.

Personality: Soft-spoken, considerate, good student and attentive listener. Keeps to herself and doesn't overshare, or share much at all, frankly; has very few friends. Loves animals of all sorts. Gets along well with her dad Otis, has various sibling spats with Raoul but definitely loves him very much.

Background/Skills: Same as Raoul, pretty much, though she always did much better in school and had a nicer group of friends. When Raoul vanished (to an alternate universe lmao) she was devastated. From around the ages of 11-14 she absolutely idolized Raoul even though he was kinda mean to her. She had bobbed hair at that point and would dye it to match his. Mikayla can see and talk to ghosts, though it's not a fact she makes very public - she hasn't told anybody. After her brother vanished she tried to track him down by doing favors for ghosts and getting information in return but none of them were very helpful.

Drawings:
    upload_2018-6-17_23-34-43.png
    upload_2018-6-17_23-35-10.png
    upload_2018-8-11_20-43-33.png

8. rats

Cassandra Volante
    Pinterest Board
    Appearance: Almost 6', bone-thin, dark skin. Thick wavy/curly hair parted right in the middle. Left(??) eye is cybernetic but I always forget to draw this in lol. Dark eyes. About 16 or so.

Personality: Abrasive, thinks she's cunning but is really just kind of a disaster. Tries really hard to be cool but is just kind of sad. Is deeply clingy and attached to anyone who shows any sort of niceness. Awkward (see: telling an AI "UHHHH I live here" when asked what she's doing in the matrix mindspace).

Background/Skills: Hacker from the Sprawl tabletop game; can mess with computer systems with her brain. Has a sister named Delphine? who was tragically injured in a space monsanto accident. She's named after the Oracle at Delphi.

Drawings:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]twitter user emily hedgemice commission!!!!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    • Like x 1
  9. rats

Lance Wu
    Chronicles of Amber OC That Became His Own Thing(tm)​
    Appearance: Average height and build, tan skin, Chinese; side part in hair, hair is mmmmedium length??? Punk style, chains n rings n bits n bobs. Body was yoinked by one of the CoA demons, didn't realize that he was sick and thus got stuck in his dying body. The demon is the only thing keeping him alive, basically. Nonbinary/agender (because body hopping lmao) but functionally male because Lance was male.

Personality: #attitude. Mad that he got stuck but kind of rolling with it, ultimate troll, likes to fuck with people literally and figuratively. A bit of a sadist, doesn't super understand how...humans...do things?? Or that they can get hurt??? He's getting there.

Background/Skills: Well, body hopping! Besides that he's moderately skilled in slipping through shadows to teleport places. Decent amount of alchemy-type sorcery as well, though all those skills are from the demon bit and not the Lance Wu The Human(tm) bit

Drawings:
    commission from @Fucker
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  10. rats

Laylah Valentine
    Appearance: Tall, willowy, pale skin with a faint blue tinge, pouty lips, arched eyebrows, very straight and downturned nose. Long straight black hair, often worn up in a ponytail with a few bang wisps. Dark maroon eyes. Pronounced eyeteeth.

Personality: Sarcastic but generally goodnatured, if jaded. Too proud to ask for help, Ever. likes having people to mentor. very, very protective

Background/Skills: fuckin vampire lads. She's from an urban fantasy setting, in a smaller city where she's one of the few vamps. her GFs are Tessa (werewolf) and Rosalie (a witch) because im a self indulgent prick who writes what the fuck i want. nyeh. she can do lite hypnotism (i think i called it glamor? all vampires in this setting can do that, it's basically a light compulsion) and is pretty much indestructible - bones no longer break, etc. she's probably from around the 1400s or 1500s, was a peasant girl who kinda Fucked Up, Laylah Valentine super isn't her real name but she chose it with her sire after she died

Drawings:
    upload_2018-11-10_10-31-30.png upload_2018-11-10_10-34-52.png upload_2018-11-10_10-38-5.png

• Like x 2
  11. rats

mmm changed my mind yall can post here if u want :O if i want a Fancy Official OC Archive ill just make a google doc tbqh
    so........hewwo lads

• Like x 1
  12. rats

excerpt from Gay Ladies Have A Good Time 2.0
    --
    It took Tessa only a few seconds feeling the bony arm to tell that it was a fracture. Not a very bad one, but not one to be ignored, either. Tessa tsked. "Hairline fracture. Let me splint it up, you'll be fine. Tea?"
    "I - what?"
    "Would you like some tea?" She repeated, already standing and setting up the kettle. "I've got all sorts. Your pick." Tessa pulled her first aid kit out from under the sink and unpacked gauze, a sturdy bit of wood, and a scissor - which, apparently, wasn’t necessary. At noticing the scissor Laylah immediately struggled out of her jacket. Tessa was no empath but she could guess that the vampire was biting her tongue, likely hard enough to draw her own bitter blood, to avoid crying out. Typical.

“Some - “ Laylah’s voice came out high-pitched, and she swallowed sharply before trying again. “Some earl grey would be lovely.”

Tessa wordlessly fished a tea bag out of a drawer before turning back to Laylah’s arm, splint in one hand and gauze in the other. By the time Tessa had finished splinting up the fractured bone, the water had just started to come to a boil, giving her enough time to re-stash her gauze, wash her hands, and prep the tea cups. She poured the hot water over her own tea bag - thrice used, now, Tessa made a note to save it for a potion for later - and then into the spare mug she’d hastily extracted from the cabinet for Laylah’s earl grey. It was one of the neat ones that changed color and pattern with the temperature change, Tessa noted wryly, as the black enamel paint slowly began to shift to a sunflower yellow.

She put the now bright-yellow mug in front of the still-shaking vampire, who was gingerly testing the haphazard sling that Tessa had thrown together. Laylah took a sip of the tea, not bothering to blow on it first.

“Thank you,” she said quietly, breaking the few moments of companionable silence. “I know you’re not . . . fond of me, to put it gently, and - “

“Don’t worry about it.” Tessa still hadn’t taken a sip of her re-steeped peppermint tea, warming her hands on the mug instead, staring into its depths and avoiding Laylah’s gaze. “Seriously. It’s not that big a deal.”

She could hear Laylah frowning. “It is to me.” The tea was doing wonders; she already sounded better, like her regular argumentative self.

“Seriously, don’t worry about it. I haven’t forgotten what you said in the alley. What you did.” Tessa glanced up; Laylah was fixing her with a curious stare over the brim of her mug.

“What do you mean, what I did? Get bodily chucked across a back alley?”

“No! I mean, yes, that happened, but - “ Tessa cleared her throat and set her teacup down. “You were kind,” she said, finally.

“Oh,” Laylah said. The silence stretched.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice