==> Raven: Investigate Crater

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by Captain Raven, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Captain Raven

Captain Raven Best Damn Captain you've Never heard of.

"Well, lets go then. I have some mechs, a gravi-sled, and an atv out near the airlock. I don't think you'll fit on the sled though, I don't think I caught either of your names. Mine is Raven."
    Raven leaned back against the tree.
    "If you folks wanna go investigate it, we might be able to find some components to salvage, or survivors. The gravi-sled will be useful either way."
    He shifted forwards. "The atv is only a two seater though. I know we have some spare space suits in the airlocks. I don't think we have anything in your, uh, size miss." He said, gesturing to the dragon.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

"My name is"-the dragon made an odd noise that was probably unpronounceable to humans and certainly unconveyable in text, being an audible representation of a noncasual-link pattern-"and I won't need the sled. Came here before the air, remember?"

3. Captain Raven

"I'm sorry, my translator didn't quite catch that. What would you like me to call you? I just thought you might like to ride on the sled, it doesn't produce its own air, or really have any other fancy functions. It just hovers."
    Raven gestured in the direction of the airlock.
    "This way if you want to go."

4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

"I think I'd like to fly. And...I don't have any other name." The dragon waited for Raven to set off.

5. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

"And I'm Nicole. I'll take the sled." I plop down on the sled

6. Technicality

((we haven't? I'm confused. sorry :P)

7. Technicality

((*rewinds time a bit, since we're not starting yet*))
    "Hi, I'm Nicole. I'm not entirely sure if I need a space suit, though..." It only took me a few minutes after I first gained consciousness to realize that my heart wasn't beating. I then found that I didn't need oxygen. What was keeping me alive? I dunno. "And if anyone else needs the sled, they can take it. I'm perfectly fine walking."

8. Captain Raven

"Well, a space suit would still be a good idea, just in case you do need one. If miss dragon - I'm sorry, do you mind if I call You Wing?"
    Raven waited looking at the large dragon.

9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

"Wing is fine. I don't need a spacesuit."

10. Captain Raven

"All right wing." Raven said.
    "If Wing is flying, then you might want to take the sled, she's probably faster than either of us on foot. You could also ride on the back of the atv if you wanted, it might be smoother." Raven said turning to Nicole.
    "Otherwise, we could all walk there, I can have the mechs come later if need be."

11. Technicality

"Alright, then. Let's take the sled."

12. Captain Raven

"Alright, Neither of you know the way out of the colony, so if you'd like to follow me, I can show you the way to the Airlock."
    Raven gestured to their right. "That big building is the Temple of the Holy gate. From what I've heard, it put itself here before the colony was founded."
    "The building to our left is the Library. It is sentient, I'm told that its unwise to make it upset."
    He was walking at a brisk pace now, heading towards the airlock.
    "I'm pretty new here myself, anything I just told you is what I've heard from the locals. If you have any questions, it might be wise to ask them."

13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

"How long has this been here?" Wing said, keeping up easily. Sapient buildings are something they didn't have much experience with, but it wasn't like he'd never heard of them-some other aetheric dragons liked them, after all. "This being the town. And air. And associated infrastructure and life."

14. Captain Raven

"I'm not really sure, its been here at least a few decades, probably more." Raven said. They were nearly at the airlock, the massive metal gate was hidden behind a small cove of trees and some carefully placed boulders. The sled and mechs were parked on a concrete pad nearby, waiting for more orders before moving on.
    "Looks like all the mail got picked up, that's good." Raven said as he tapped the connectors on the atv and gravi sled, creating a link between the two to tow the sled.
    "Airlocks just behind the trees there, If you wanted to hop on Nicole, we can change into space suits in the airlock. I've got one stowed in a compartment on the atv for myself, I remember some public ones in the airlock as well."

15. Technicality

"Sure thing." I walk over to the gravi-sled. "Where are the suits?"

16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

"There'll be some spares inside of the airlock, it won't open up until everyone is suited up, or everyone has pressed an opt out safety button." Raven said.

17. Technicality

((wrong account?))

18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Wing shuffled their wings, and stepped into the airlock.

19. Technicality

"Okay. I'll take one just in case." I step into the airlock, grabbing a suit. I struggle to put it on, but after a minute I'm suited up.

20. Captain Raven

Raven brought the atv and the sled into the airlock. Even with the large sled and a vehicle as well as two humans and a dragon, there was still plenty of room in the airlock for everyone to fit. Raven hopped off the atv. and slipped his spacesuit on. The spacesuit was all white, with blue lights at various places on it. The helmet of the space suit didn't have a visor or anything like that, instead it had two cameras about the same distance apart as the eyes on an average human. As he pulled the torso on, the suit pulled itself together around him, nanites knitting the fabric together to leave no seams. His helmet behaved similar when he put it on.
    "Is everyone ready?" He asked.

((oops, too late to fix that now, oh well.))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice