recommend clothing brands

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by chaoticArbiter, Jan 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

....what the title says.
    okay, explanation: I'm trying to find some brands of jeans that I can at least look into buying from, but the issue here is that I legitimately cannot wear polyester in my jeans. it makes me horribly itchy and my legs get red and upset. I don't know why. but I need 100% cotton or cotton-spandex or really anything that doesn't contain polyester, but for some reason in the two years between when I last shopped in a physical store and now, it seems like every single brand I used to shop in has decided every fabric blend they use to make jeans needs to be at least 20% polyester.
    I've found two brands that offer jeans in non-polyester blends, both online only as near as I can tell, but I could probably find some way to work with that....except that of the two brands, one is $100+ per pair of jeans, which, uh, no, and the other will only sell directly from their website in bulk packs of at least 12 jeans (I can neither afford that nor need 12 pairs of the same pair of jeans), but if you try to buy them from another seller, it's like the jeans will be available for 2 seconds on September 31st, and you must predict when in the day these two seconds will come by correctly interpreting the clouds and the reflection of the moon in a clear lake at midnight in November on the third Tuesday of the month. basically, it's friggin' impossible to find their jeans anywhere.
    so I'm kind of looking for recommendations of clothing brands that sell jeans with no polyester in them, but that are also less than....like $30 a pair. if they get below $30 during sales only, that also counts, but I'd prefer ones that are $30 or less all the time (which is hard to find, I know, sorry). from there, I can probably figure things out, but as it is now I literally cannot seem to find anything, so....help, please?

2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I didn't double check all the kinds in the store (and the online store apparently carries a TON more/more expensive varieties than in-store does), but my favorite jeans in the world are Maurice's Taylor Boot Cut. They're 98% cotton/2% spandex, listed for 29$ online which matches what I remember the in-store price being last time I picked up a pair, and they are pretty much the only jeans I'll ever wear.

• Like x 1
  3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

soft squeeing
    I love them thank you

aaaaaaaa and they offer lengths as well as sizes THIS IS THE DREAM BRAND

• Like x 1
  4. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

:D I'm so glad! The Taylors fit my curvy ass super well in terms of cut, but I know there are complimentary lines in the same price point with different cuts - I don't remember the names, but in a brick & mortar store they'll be in one of those big cubical wall displays all together, with columns of the different cuts stacked by size.

(They also carry their entire plus size line in store, and are super friendly chill and welcoming about the time I broke down crying when I wandered in and realized that the same jeans I loved over a decade ago were available in my adult size. I just adore this store in general.)

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice