request for writing prompts

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by esotericPrognosticator, Jun 15, 2016.

1. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

I used to write all the time; the year I was twelve, for instance, I wrote about 75k worth of a singular fanfic, most of it picked out on a shitty iPad keyboard case when I was supposed to be asleep. the Google Doc I put this monstrosity in got so long that it took fully five minutes to load.

and then I stopped. I went to high school, and then I got depressed, and I just stopped. since then I've written a few pages of a thing there, a few pages of a thing here, some shitty teenage poetry, a couple of articles for the school newspaper, and a hell of a lot of papers for class. during the school year said papers suck up almost all of my writing spoons, but I'm out for the summer, and I'm only working three days a week, and I need something to do. I'm not a bad writer, and I like doing it, but my head is full of half-assed idea fragments, not stories, and I need something to hold me accountable.

so I've jumped into RPing; hopefully that'll pan out. (incidentally, if you've got some fantrolls you want out and about, check out this thread.) and I think it's a nice exercise, but it's not crafting a story by myself. so, since the ideas aren't coming to me very well, I'd like some prompts.

for fanfic, Homestuck would be great; beta and alpha humans and beta trolls, please, and nothing NSFW, although I will do shippy. I also have a lot of humanstuck headcanons that I really am not sure how to make into a narrative, so prompts for that would be wonderful, as would any sort of AU. I suppose asking for stories with OCs within the Homestuck 'verse would be fanfic as well. for other fandoms, I'd appreciate if you'd ask if I'm familiar with the source material before posting a prompt; I have read a lot of things, and I am sure I'll forget some if I try to list them all. again, nothing NSFW, please. as for original fiction—well, if you'd like to, go ahead, although I'm not entirely sure what you'd get out of it.

as for the prompts themselves, I would appreciate as much detail as possible and preferably a sketch of the plot, although I might be able to manage something with the seeds of an idea. I can't speak to how long my reply to each prompt will be, but I will try to respond with something to each one; I'm horribly wordy, so I expect they shouldn't be too short. I would also very much appreciate it if people would comment on and particularly critique the prompt responses I'll be posting in this thread. My goal here is definitely improvement.

thank you for your time, and I look forward to your prompts.

2. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

3. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice