Rest of the world politics thread

Discussion in 'Up the People' started by palindromordnilap, Nov 11, 2016.

1. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Hi I'm Riso and I'm Gay for The Archivist

[​IMG]

Oh fuck this former general guy got convicted for the kidnapping of 2 student activists

My creative writing teacher in first year told me about those students once and the rumors of the tortures inflicted on them were so fucking horrible

Description provided by someone who had escaped captivity where those girls were being held

Those descriptions came up on my feed and I don't think I can read it, it's sickening.

• Witnessed x 9
  2. seed

seed plant me

holy shit

[about the Chinese social credit surveillance system]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Witnessed x 6
  3. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Jesus fucking Christ i'm actually vaguely nauseaous now. Christ. Just. Fucking hell.

• Agree x 2
  4. Shadows of Fear

Shadows of Fear New Member

Black Mirror season 3 episode 1 anyone? I’d heard this was already going down over there but part of me didn’t really believe it until I read that article.

• Agree x 2
  5. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

An utter nightmare

• Agree x 3
  6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap I'm a raging bird

It's interesting how quiet French media have been on the Brazilian election. I guess they don't know how to spin this while keeping it compatible with the "Leftist governments are corrupt and will turn any country into Venezuela" narrative.
    Anyway, is there anything I could hypothetically do to help some of the Brazilian people here? I guess I could possibly help with asylum requests, but France is probably not the best place for that right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice