Riso's Radioshack [yelling abt WATCHMEN]

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by GlassesBlu, Dec 15, 2018.

1. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Man the fanfic author I found is rly good at writing these rude hero men be in tentative issue laden rough edged caring with each other

• Agree x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

OH I WAS SO HOPING YOU WOULD ASK

in fact my recs are simple: on ao3, just read everything by etherati and liodain, and also go through the fandom tag sorted by kudos because there's a lot of good stuff in there

(fakedit: I started this post before I had to leave for work this morning and it looks like you already found the etherati fic I was going to put as my "if you only read one thing in this fandom"! that zombie AU is one of my favorite fics for anything, anywhere, it's so god damn good. actually forget fics it's just one of my favorite stories ever period)

but the real jewel of the Watchmen fandom is the old kinkmeme! this is without a doubt the best kinkmeme of any fandom I've ever experienced. I was lucky enough to be around during its heyday (and I think @roach may have been as well?). though I never did more than lurk there, it gave me unreasonable expectations for kinkmemes in every other fandom I've been in. there's more than just kink on there (though there is a lot of that in pretty much any variety you would care to name) - it was really the heart and soul of the Watchmen fandom. it spawned massive, sometimes interconnected AUs which sprawled across multiple posts, as well as many many smaller gems and a whole lot of meta and discussion. eventually in 2011-2012 it started to die off because of waning interest and then unfortunately ended up getting choked by spambots. at some point since then the host has gone through and deleted all the spam, then set up a new meme here, though the new one doesn't appear to be very active.

the original kinkmeme has a couple of archives set up, but honestly I would go through and read (or at least skim) the whole dang thing. it's definitely worth the time. there's a lot of really good stuff on there that afaik hasn't been archived anywhere else, so I would recommend reading the kinkmeme even above going through ao3!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Winner x 1
  3. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Sorr I dont have much energy for words but thanks for the link!
    Also god ive been consuming the fics and there arent much compared to other fandoms hrgh
    Theyre rly good tho god i have a lot of
    Feelings about it

• Like x 1
  4. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

5. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

6. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Nite owl in zombie AU like oh boy u could kill me thats so sexy

• Like x 1
  7. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Just read Between The Brushstrokes Dan/Rorschach, my god it is brilliant, and tense, and romantic

• Agree x 1
  8. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Ugh im just a big romantic that likes fight scenes and rough men being in love

9. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Embarrassing but I want to talk about it
    I relate to fanfic Rorschach about such internalized detestment and self loathing about sex in general

Feels mood, something that other people have but not something you should have or desire, desiring makes you despicable, yadda yadda blah blah

Makes us fools I guess, supposedly sex is natural, feels unnatural, feels wrong to want, doesn't feel like something I really understand, doesn't feel like something I belong to

Of course hypocritical, I look at the sexy things, just wish I understood it more, like, the naturalness of it. The way that its easy for other people but not easy for me, like for me it feels like sexual tension is kinda fake? Shrugs

I may be gay, some sort of attracted to men person sorta Pan romance person who will generally have greater love if you're my friend (only later in life did I really get any friends of the sort to spill myself to, and much later until I had close women friends),

But first and foremost I identified as ace and that still hasn't fell away as something that feels right to me

I've questioned before, if simply I was repressed, or just self loathing in general, but who knows I guess
    I've made some peace over me not really understanding real life sexual tensions, and I know what kind of fictional spiciness I like, so with regards to my queerness, ive settled into it over the years

ANYWAY I love Rorschach, him being hgh misogynist homophobic and racist I have to accept is canon and also fic incorporated but in favor of throwing all that in the trash for the purpose of fun sandbox play

• Witnessed x 1
  10. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Spinel is like
    Hot

• Agree x 1
  11. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

12. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

13. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Im way too busy but lemme tell u im constantly thinking of DanRorschach
    Wish I could draw fanart :pensive:

14. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Ugh danrorschach is exactly my type of ship
    A hard mishmash of ssdd and diebar

15. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Referenceless doodle

[​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  16. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  17. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

I asked my friend if she had anything she wanted to see danrorschach do and she said use selfie filters and it was so fuckin funny rorschach would detest

18. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

I don't care who wins but Rorschach vs Slick

19. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Me, a demon: homestuck AU for danrorschach

20. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Im looking at the watchmen movie but only at specific parts i know i wanna see

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice