Runaways

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by strictly quadrilateral, Oct 25, 2015.

1. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

So there's a new Runaways comic happening and as per usual I missed issues 1 and 2 so I'm coming in a little late and a little lost. I'm a massive fan of the original Runaways and uhhhhh....well, let me tell you the new one's lineup:

Jubilee (from xmen. Or, I know her from xmen. Dunno where she's from originally)
    Amadeus Cho
    Some asshole named Sanna
    A cool girl with snake hair named Delphyne
    Someone named Skaar (who I probably should know but don't)
    Tandy as Cloak and Ty as Dagger
    Aaaaaaaaaand Molly Hayes

Vs

A young Bucky Barnes
    Valeria (Richards? I think)

This is not the Runaways I'm used to. But I'm willing to give it a try (mostly because Tandy and Ty are in it, and Molly is still adorabadass).

This thread is for discussing both the original series and this new one, plus anything else I'm not yet aware of that's related.

2. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

Skaar is the Hulk's kid from when he was sent off to that one planet, conquered it, fell in love, etc. Delphyne the Gorgon is from the Incredible Herc run where she was an awesome recurring antihero.

The whole comic is a Secret Wars limited run, meaning that it's set in an AU and may or may not be using AU versions of the characters. So there's not a lot of continuity between the two. Of the original Runaways, they were around in Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover (the Hunger Games knockoffs) and Nico's currently around in A-force.

Valeria Richards is Reed Richard's daughter, but she's super-intelligent (in spite of being like 3) and decided to go stay with her godfather Doctor Doom a while back because she objected to something Reed was doing.

• Like x 2
  3. strictly quadrilateral

@Glassware wow thank you. I'll have to go find the A-force comics now, if Nico's in them.

4. strictly quadrilateral

Okay so I found some scans online so I could read the issues I missed, and I've decided I approve of this series. It's got the spirit of the original Runaways, which is in the end, I think, what matters. Also, I love anything with Cloak and Dagger, they're my absolute favorites. And I'm interested to see this version of Bucky's character arc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice