Sage Canyon RP Planning Thread OOC

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by kmoss, May 10, 2017.

1. kmoss

kmoss whoops

• Like x 1
  2. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I wanna start up again! Part of the problem for me was that Jay never clicked as a character for me. If I were to have a new character should I just alter her or can I completely remake?

So do we want to do this as a say to day type thing or as a more freeform thing where two diff threads could be roleplaying completely dofferent times. If the former, it seems the kind of rp that would benefit from having a more administrative hand, to run faculty, keeping things paced, giving people schedules, ext. I'm not nessecarily up for the roleplaying side of it? Or at least I wouldn't want to do it alone, but I'd be up for helping with class lists and scheduling.

3. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I'm not totally sure! I tend to do best rp-ing when it's freewheeling, because i find it difficult to figure out scheduling, and so I tend to ... well, i suppose i mostly write fanfiction based off of the canon that the group has decided on, so i'm not overly troubled if what happens in one place contradicts the other, because i like fleshing out what characters do in different situations than paying attention to what happens in those scenarios (if that makes sense)

I can be taught to actually pay attention to timeline, though, i just find it difficult :)

zek is not really changed as a character besides some retconning of how their mom refers to them and their name, so i'm not reworking, but i have no issue if you want to remake! find the character that clicks for you :D

4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I´d be up for it with new characters. I´d much prefer freeform because scheduling is stressful

5. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Same- the only reason I'd prefer the other is that spergbrain likes order, and bc the most stressful kond for mer personally would be freeform day-by-day, bc I get aimless quick

6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

a benefit to having multiple threads at multiple times is that you could have 1+ threads be structured in some way

• Agree x 1
  7. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

HOLY SHIT I TOTALLY FORGOT THIS WAS A THING
    this was an interesting thing

• Like x 1
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

For me the pressure to deliver on a deadline of some sort makes writing not happen, and generally spoils the fun. So yeah i´d second something like an ordered thread or something for people who want that.

• Like x 1
  9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I would be totally cool with a few structured threads, I just might not be in them a huge amount!

I think I'm going to refamiliarize myself with my character

I know I want mine to at least know everyone,

and I want to write zek scaring the hell out of some freshmen

and also I would like to write a camping trip, complete with ghost stories

• Like x 3
  10. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I would love a camping trip, or retreat or whatever they call school camping trips. Tho we could have people sneak out to go camping too.

• Like x 2
  11. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

A) should we still use the old thread for worldbuilding stuff?
    B) i'm thinking maybe we should have a very, very light, kinda shitposty sga thread, mostly for testing out characters, random comments, ect, with no real sense or need for exact canon or continuity?

• Agree x 1
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

So like a localized shitposting rave.
    Maybe it could be localized in a technically no permitted secret student clubhouse situation. Not cliue clubhouse but no teachers allowed clubhouse.

Also i say we stay here to plan

• Agree x 1
  13. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Oh man I really like the student clubhouse idea! It is in an absurdly conspicuous place that none of the teachers seems to see.

Alright, so, I know we are ignoring America Canon but to what extent? Bc the "no interaction with muggle no-mags allowed" from Fantastic Beasts is. Um. It is dark, and a friend and I have taken it to fantastically dark places in roleplay but also sga is a chill boat drinks of the soul

Also are we using no-mag and if so what do muggle borns call themselves I vote "Magic No-Mag" or MnMs for short

• Like x 1
  14. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

MnM is adorable. Hmm. Maybe we can have things "evolved" so the rules are relaxed but there's still heavy bias? I would love to have SCA still be very chill though. I don't imagine the Headmaster would put up with that nonsense, simply because that makes no sense to it.

• Like x 3
  15. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I like the headcanon I've seen on tumblr where there are LAWS not to expose yself to nonmagicals, but everyone's just like
    ......ok but nah??? because 'merica

zek doesn't tell their parents because they aren't interested in being thought of as 1. crazy, 2. dangerous and 3. they're planning on living in the wizarding world fulltime, but if they had a close nonmagical friend they'd be like "hey check this out"

eta: also I like mnm as a slang that the kids developed

• Agree x 3
  16. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Alright! Plus the wizarding government is based in NYC- I can imagine wizarding schools and communities out west can get away with more? Are there offical wizarding states? God I just remembered how much I hate America's Democracy Aura.

Should we ask for a subform, you think?

• Like x 2
  17. emythos

I feel like the further you get away from government the less shits are given
    please imagine someone transfering from a really regulated place to Zero Fucks Given: The School

• Like x 3
  18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

we had a roleplay where over east there was no offical world for muggleborn (hence mnms) because "we're all just wizards" in a kinda "I don't see race" sense, but muggleborns are taken from their muggle families and their families memories of them are removed, so that nobody in the muggle populace could know about magic

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  19. emythos

that is horrifying and i love it

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Oh shit, that is kinda dark. ( I kinda like it!)

So we are literally the old wild west but present day? Heeeeee!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice