Saroblog

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Saro, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

there's just so much wrong with it!! Im so captivated!
    • The DNA is not proportioned correctly and I'm pretty sure that's too many bases per turn
    • There's no... actual information in that DNA molecule. Like, it might be something if it were a space-filling model that showed you the atoms and such, but it's not. It's just a Cheeto-textured terrible DNA graphic. The bases aren't even color-coded, and that's the part that's usually important about DNA, the sequence of the bases (hence why DNA is sequenced)
    • If you're working with sequence data, guess what, you just look at long strings of As, Ts, Cs, and Gs. if you look at them at all, which you might not (I usually don't, for example). Usually in a monospaced font so you can align sequences and have them line up
    • What is with his lab gear??? The goggles are okay (although to be 100% honest, I have literally never worn goggles in my grad school career, the stuff we work with just isn't really a danger to the eyes), but he's got this extravagant hood on, as well as that intense mask. If he's in a place where he needs to get so suited up, what's he doing looking at DNA? he should do those things in two separate places!! Do the wetlab stuff that requires the suit in the wetlab area, but then have a separate desk where you can look at your DNA!
    • The implication that the heart monitor output and the other output, whatever it's supposed to be, are related to A) the DNA and also B) the histologic sample
    • The buttons that say ANALYZE and INITIATE SCAN. Yes, just like the buttons I hit every day when I do my work
    • what is that micrograph pic anyway? It kind of looks like hyphae but maybe it's supposed to be neural tissue?
    At least he's wearing appropriate-looking and fitting gloves

God I can't stop thinking about this picture. It's so magical

• Winner x 5
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

At least the twist is going in the right direction.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

had thoughts about bard specifically as a class in MMORPGs but I forgot, thanks to the that picture

4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

husband put on a cap and he kind of looks like brad leone from ba

• Like x 1
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

also the thing i want most from "it's alive" is for them to look at junk under the 'scope but they never do :( show me the bugs!!! show me the bacilli doing their thing!

• Like x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I want to play that new Fire Emblem game!! Everyone loves it! And also the Depression(tm) has made it so I don't care about anything that I would normally care about and the only way to combat that is with novelty sooooo

• Witnessed x 2
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Still have unprompted and rather emotionless tears at depictions of people in hospital. Hmmm.

Also, still angry that the library has one outdated book about IBD and like a hundred "eat only kale and natto and you'll live forever" books

Oh also they have a few "gut healing diet" books which gets my fucking hackles up. Necessary disclaimer that we don't know everything and some of these may help and eventually lead to other treatments, or be good for non-IBD things, etc. etc., but I find it harmful to present those ideas as proven cures, especially for vulnerable people who maybe just have been told they have a chronic illness......

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 1
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Art meme...... Character + pallete? (i had a bunch of trouble with that word, it just looks wrong right now)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  9. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

vegeta + our love will transcend universes!

• Like x 1
  10. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

nepeta, make a stand?

• Like x 1
  11. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

dende or piccolo and peace?

• Like x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

:333 thank you all! now i just have to remember how to work a tablet...

• Like x 1
  13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

pal_veg.png
    local asshole sulks, makes life hell for self

others forthcoming after i give my wrist a break

• Winner x 8
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

pal-nep.png

nepeta is only homestuck allowed

• Winner x 10
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Namekians inbound hopefully tonight or maybe tomorrow (yesterday was first day back at work after short vacation and it fucked me up)

• Like x 1
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Incredibly surreal: at my last gastro appointment, doc and I started talking about a book we'd both read recently (the one about the discovery of Archaea) and doc told me that while he was an undergrad he'd tried to get into Carl Woese's lab as an assistant. Just incredible. My doctor actually interacted with the dude who was instrumental in creating the field I do research in now, 30+ years later. (Semi-relatedly, appointments have become more fun after we started talking about what science nonfiction we'd read recently.)

• Winner x 4
  17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

palden.png

my son!!!

• Winner x 8
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

He has kitty!

• Agree x 2
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

give dende a cat because being guardian of earth seems kinda lonely (and your only regular company is the problematic mr. popo and piccolo, the most unsociable person) 2k19 ;.;

• Agree x 2
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Consider: Give him Many Cats.

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice