Saroblog

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Saro, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Tirona Kasund wrote this

• Like x 1
  2. Birdy

Birdy so long

we ended up with a pet beholder by the end of our last campaign

(well, a small beholder. a peeper.)

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Gene for making vitamin c: * breaks *

Gene for making color receptors in eyes: * duplicates, allows better sensing of oranges/reds of fruits *

Evolution: This is fine * makes humans *

• Like x 2
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'm gonna drag evolution!! Stupid thing made us real bad at nutrients! Like we're terrible at getting iron from plants, we have bacteria that make B12 in our guts... After the point that we can absorb it, we need calcium to make our stupid bones and yet we can hardly absorb it without vitamin D, and we have to eat a widely varied diet just to get all the amino acids we need!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. Birdy

Birdy so long

placental mammals don’t have photolyase. we can’t just fucking repair our DNA by ~*the power of sunlight*~ like every sensible organism, we have to do it the slow, stupid, mistake-prone way, letter by letter

oh but we still have the protein domain as cryptochromes! what do those do? regulate the circadian rhythm

evolution is garbage and I’m big mad about it

• Agree x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

can't have this here at the moment may be restored later

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Growing Strong and Healthy...

Minmo!

8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

[​IMG]
    sorry this screenshot is so terrible, but it's MINMO the SH3 cat

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

hnnnnnnghhh... nya

god i need this. it's only 19 bucks... I won 15 with my candlenights lottery ticket.......

10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

That website could easily suck away hundreds of my hard-earned dollars

I never thought I'd be so into food accessories, but here we are, in 2019, coveting kitchen gadgets and lunchboxes

• Like x 1
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

THEY HAVE DRAGON BALL STUFF

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  12. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

oh nooooo it’s so fucking cute oh my god

• Agree x 4
  13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

There's probably a joke to be made somewhere about how much I like Vegeta and not really being able to eat vegetables but I can't get there

14. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

I LOVE BENTO AND CO!!! IF YOU EVER WANT TO TRY MAKING BENTOS, I CAN HELP!!!

I already have spent at least $100+ there... Expess shipping is totally worth the money though

• Winner x 2
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

That would be great!

I will definitely get the maneki neko at some point.... Just not sure exactly when. I'm very tired of eating Saltines and lunch meat or peanut butter at the lab and I think having the bento box would encourage me to prepare stuff and bring it in

16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Relatedly, I've been watching a lot of Tasty Japan videos recently with the sound off and I have a deep and abiding craving for gyoza/shumai now.

17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Things I Am Going To Make And Eat This Week

- Yakisoba
    - Soup dumplings

• Winner x 4
  18. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Here's the bible for bentos in the English speaking world: http://justbento.com
    It hasn't been updated seriously since 2016 but it's the best no nonsense bento website.

My favorite bento box is the Skater 650ml bento! It's one tier, dish washable and the right size for me.
    https://en.bentoandco.com/products/bento-totoro-650-ml-orange
    It comes in a bunch of different styles. I have a Totoro one.

I find two tier bentos hard to use, especially ones that have different size tiers. My favorite two tier bento is the Nagabako; you can fit silicone cups into both tiers. It is also dish washable except for the inner lids and chopsticks.
    https://en.bentoandco.com/collections/bento-boxes-newest-oldest/products/nagabako-mokume
    I find it easiest to divide each box into thirds. This box won't fit into most bento bags or furoshiki.

Making food look like it's from a Banjo-Kazooie game is incredibly funny and satisfying.
    https://en.bentoandco.com/collections/picks/products/medama-picks
    I put these on tiny sandwiches and berries. Handwash only.

I have this bag and it's the perfect size for the Skater box! Impssible to clean though. I spilled soy sauce in it and now it smells like soy sauce forever. Still cute though.
    https://en.bentoandco.com/collections/bags-furoshiki/products/sac-bento-kiki-la-petite-sorciere-jiji
    Comes in different Miyazaki styles.

Most bentos are not leakproof. It's important to not put liquidy stuff in there, like cut up peaches. You also need to keep them flat through transport. The bags shaped like characters are bad because they force you to put most bentos vertical.

One recipe that I like to make for my bento is gyoza. I make a bunch at once and freeze it on a baking sheet. It's easy and fast to to cook it from frozen the day I want to eat it and cool it down for the bento. Here's the recipe I use:
    https://www.justonecookbook.com/gyoza/

• Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Thank you!!

• Like x 1
  20. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

You are more than welcome to post your bento creations in the Let's Bring Meals to Work thread. If you need any more help, let me know.

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice