Sarovent [18+]

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Saro, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'm just being a salty bitch feel free 2 disregard

• Witnessed x 1
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

OH YEAH i just remembered we went in person to turn in some papers for medicaid because we have a weird situation and this exchange happened

Caseworker: "How long have you been a teaching assistant?"
    Me: "About two and a half years."
    Caseworker: "You should be done with that by now."
    Me: "....Actually, I still have a few years left in my program."

like excuse me???? why would you even say something like that?????? would you say that to anyone else? "I've been a cashier for three years." "You should be done with that by now." Like what the everloving fuck?

• Witnessed x 6
  3. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave if kangaroo rat yiff twice plz

blink.gif

• Agree x 3
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

oh my god could you just get over the shipping thing, or do triads, or other poly ships, I'm so tired of hearing about this in like three separate threads

5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

New avatar, new me (but it's still Marcille because she is my Brand©)

All I want in life is a good anime adaptation of dungeon meshi

• Like x 3
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

fuck this insurance

Fuck the pharmacy

Fuck """healthcare""" in this shitty worthless country

• Witnessed x 6
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Bcbsil can suck a dick

8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

On a different note I still really love that famcytier Jade.... I wish I could capture that style again but for the moment it seems to have been a one-off kinda thing

9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

What I loved about Rose Buddies: Rachel and Griffin telling me a story but it's so low-stakes that it's fine if I miss something. Also funny.

Wonderful is great, but I do miss the pointless narrative of reality tv as relayed to me by them

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Wow I want to die

Healthcare is great* until you're chronically ill and need a specialty drug and then you're SOL unless you get the perfect ((expensive)) plan that works with a pharmacy that does copay matching to reduce your costs

I literally don't know if I'm going to be able to continue taking my drug

*lol no but at least it covers some stuff

• Witnessed x 5
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

The pharmacy was not just useless but actively harmful, because when I asked about what Medicaid plans they accepted the person a) gave me no information and b) told me she didn't think any of them covered my drug

Which

Okay. A bunch of people are on Medicaid and some of them must need to take it and they have to be able to get help for it

Right? They cover like hospitalizations and surgery and a bunch of other shit, it would be insane if they didn't also cover specialty medication at least to some extent

But of course I can find 0 info on this anywhere because specialty medication is an arcane secret you're not allowed to know until you call 5 different people and sacrifice your firstborn child

• Witnessed x 3
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Different tone: eating butter after not eating butter for a long time is a triiiiip

13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

everything sucks but at least my recipe was accepted by the university's first cookbook

i get a five dollar gift card

• Like x 2
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

OKAY SO I MAY HAVE TO COMPLETELY PAY FOR IT FOR THIS FIRST MONTH BECAUSE WE SIGNED UP FOR A MARKETPLACE PLAN IN CASE WE DIDN'T GET APPROVED

holy fucking shit holy shit

timeline of events:
    1. asked pharmacy for assurance that i could continue getting the drug there for the greatly reduced cost. they said yes as long as it was a bcbsil plan
    2. chose a plan (bcbsil)
    3. cocurrently with 2: tried to find out stuff about medicaid, asked a bunch of questions, got most shit answered, they told us it could take up to 60 days to get approved (and intimated it was likely to take that long)
    4. applied for medicaid
    5. got approved for medicaid like. december 29th or something. very shortly after we applied.
    6. found out that i could not get my drug through my usual service because of my new plan
    7. called new service, found out my plan does not cover anything before deductible, found out there's no financial aid through them, they told me to call the company to get help
    8. called the company, activated my savings card, BUT! savings card has limits, and does not work with medicaid
    9. called medicaid enrollment services, tried to figure out what's happening, person on the phone said nothing until feb 1st, even though on our notice it says we had medicaid from october through january
    10. called a second medicaid service, they said yes i do have medicaid right now, but it's secondary because i also have marketplace
    11. and it doesn't cover deductible
    12. looked into canceling marketplace, found the soonest you can is 14 days from when you apply to
    so. the situation is

i can't use the savings card because i currently do have medicaid benefits BUT they don't help me pay for my drug currently because they don't help pay deductibles AND my shit marketplace plan doesn't offer any coverage until after deductible is paid. I can cancel my insurance now but it won't actually be cancelled until two weeks from now and i need a dose on saturday the 20th.

because we tried to be careful, because the pharmacy assured me it would be fine, we're fucked.

the only potential hope is that i can get a free "sample" to tide me over (my doctor has procured those for me before, way back last year at the beginning when things were up in the air) or that maybe the company can help out some other way besides the card.

• Witnessed x 4
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

i should just die

16. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue 10% eyeliner, 90% unkindness

17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Thank you

(general statement: planning on not dying but having a lot of suicidal ideation due to all of this)

18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Re: all the shit above, I was on the phone for hours and if everything works I should only be paying 3.90 for it

* picks up all medical stuff, sets metaphorically aside *

Okay so my fursona is like the most fucking basic calico cat fursona. She has a notch out of one ear and probably sharpens her claws on innapropriate surfaces

• Winner x 5
  19. Azurite

Azurite Just Floating

I'm so happy to hear that!!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

7ac66cd3-1268-4b7f-a80e-4b7dbcaaab91.jpg
    me dealing with CI fatigue

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice