1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Sarovent [18+]

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Saro, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Saro

Saro Level 97 Bard Cleric

looking for flagged posts on blog and i am reminded what incredible taste i have, everything on it is Good

• Like x 1
  2. Saro

MOTHERFUCKER

I GOT A HOPPIP WHEN I COULD HAVE GOTTEN A MAREEP!!!! FUUUUUUUUCK

• Witnessed x 3
  3. Saro

baby.png
    baby girl. baby

4. Saro

i nicknamed the hoppip raditz

• Like x 1
  5. Saro

HaHA I beat Falkner! Heck yes! Team Chomps and Kingpin, going for the gold.

I wasn't in a great spot for the battle. I had the four listed up above plus Raditz the Hoppip from Rt. 32. Vriska, of course, is weak to Flying, so I wanted to avoid sending her in if possible. HauntedDoll (I'm misspelling his name because in my heart, he was meant to be HauntedDoll and not HauntdDoll) can't hurt either his Pidgey or his Pidgeotto (... well, definitely the Pidgey, but if Pidgeotto goes pure-Flying then maybe he could have). Raditz is weak to Flying and also only knows Synthesis (healing move) and Splash, which does nothing. So I have two pokes who will likely die if I send them out, one who may not die so quickly but can't do any damage, and nothing that will do super effective damage.

Strats: leveled up Kingpin until she learned Uproar and Chomps until she learned Bite (because Leech Life sux and Astonish is a Ghost-type move, therefore useless against these normal birds). Then I used Chomps to take out his Pidgey with a combo of confusion and Bite. I left Chomps out for his Pidgeotto, managed to confuse it, then sent out Kingpin to finish it off with Uproar. Kingpin has ass attack but has a lot of health, so I figured that she could withstand a few hits if Pidgeotto got lucky and avoided the confusion. Luckily the Pidgeotto hurt itself twice and that was enough for two hits of Uproar to take it out.

Finally. I can move on. I don't have to be stuck in Violet City anymore!

• Winner x 7
  6. Saro

I may have judged Raditz too harshly at first. I found a Bullet Seed TM and figured why the fuck not, having at least one grass move is probably going to be important, and now Raditz is level 11 and eating all these fish for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also there's Union Cave to consider... ten thousand hikers with ten million Geodudes.

• Winner x 2
  7. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

May rock throw always miss.

• Agree x 3
  8. Saro

Strategy is QUITE different in that it's not just "let's throw Cyndaquil at everything"

9. Saro

I don't know what to do about the egg. Does it count because I got it in Violet City?

10. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Personally I always felt that gift pokemon count as static encounters that don't really apply to any route and so are just free. I'm sure there are people out there who argue that since that, they should just not be used, or others who say they count as the encounter for the area they're given in.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  11. Saro

hell... fucking yes, I beat Bugsy

Strats: They send out Scyther first (remembered from playing before), so I had HauntedDoll in the beginning of my team so he could Curse the Scyther, because there ain't no way I was getting through it without losing someone if I didn't have a steady damage drain, and poison is too erratic. Kingpin obviously has super effective moves, but her attack remains garbage and the Scyther is a heavy hitter, so I didn't feel confident that she could do enough damage before she died.

I caught a Geodude in Union Cave, which I thiiiiink means now I can't get Lapras, oh well. After Cursing, I sent Rollin' the Geodude out and she and the Scyther played the "Defense Curl-Leer-Defense Curl-Leer" game for a while before it used Quick Attack and Curse finished it off. Then I just left Rollin' out for the Metapod and Kakuna because they couldn't do much to her and Rock Throw did some pretty good damage.

I already fought the rival (default named to Soul this time around), which was a bit of a challenge, but a combination of Curse and switching pokemon when needed was enough. I definitely have to be careful though, he had a level 18 Bayleef when the highest I'd seen otherwise was, I think, 16? Maybe the Scyther was 17. In any case, he may be at a slightly higher level than the ambient trainer level when I run into him, so yeah, just gotta watch out. Don't want to run into him unawares, especially if I'm just getting into town from a route and am all banged up.

Goldenrod is next. Just have to traverse Ilex Forest. I already did the Farfetch'd-catching miniquest because I was terrified of fighting Bugsy and wanted to do as much other stuff as I could.

• Winner x 4
  12. Saro

KIMONO GIRL JUST TRIED TO KIDNAP MY ODDISH (CHLOROPHYL)

• Witnessed x 1
  13. Saro

SUSTAINED HOLLERING Kingpin almost fucking died to the Growlithe that the policeman has outside the daycare

and the stupid thing is I forgot Rollin' existed

Rollin' knows Magnitude

• Witnessed x 5
  14. Saro

vriska yawned so i know that nintendo is trying to tell me to go to bed

gnight world

• Like x 1
  15. Saro

goal today: finish... introduction =_=

• Winner x 1
  16. Saro

dreams of chomps evolving into crobat

• Winner x 2
  17. Saro

Katamari Damacy.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Agree x 1
  18. Saro

upload_2018-12-6_21-17-56.jpeg

• Winner x 1
  19. Saro

THE DREAM IS DEAD AND SO IS CHOMPS TT_TT

• Witnessed x 5
  20. Saro

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THIS FUCKING KADABRA KILLED BOTH CHOMPS AND HAUNTEDDOLL

• Witnessed x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice