seebs, please explain why you're doing the thing

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by unknownanonymous, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Moving the RP threads wholecloth into a new forum is a doable thing.

• Like x 6
  2. Petra

Petra space case

k

3. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

yall dont you think this is kind of throwing a temper thantrum

christ if it aint broken dont fix it

• Like x 8
  4. okay. i'll delete for myself, then, in a couple hours. thanks for the info.

5. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

Just like space camp. Other kids pissed on the gravity chair thing, none of the rest of us got to go to space camp.

Thanks for punishing the people who had nothing to do with it!

• Like x 14
  6. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

i really don't want to have to start all over on a new forum
    i like kintsugi
    it's not nearly as much of a mess as the recent blowups have made it seem
    i really think this is too drastic and please just don't cut this off

• Like x 12
  7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

"some minor drama".

I think you may be significantly underestimating the scope of the thing. I'm not talking about one or two specific things, or specific users, I'm talking about long-standing problems which date back to 2015.

8. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah sorry I'm not okay, Seebs.

• Like x 8
  9. seebs

To be clear: All my current plans involve plans to keep Kintsugi around, keep threads around, and everything.

• Like x 1
  10. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

This is fucking stupid.

• Like x 10
  11. Petra

Petra space case

But it isn't the same? And it's enough not the same that it registers to me as Very Bad, just like some things register to you as Not Food despite being edible items intended and prepared for human consumption.

• Like x 8
  12. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

There have been at least some rules on Kintsugi ever since I took over WT because I can't run a game without any rules, but I do understand that game rules are not the same thing as forum rules.

If we are moving the RP threads whole-cloth, WT has been discussing it on Discord and we would like copies of the backups for our subforum and only our subforum.

Sorry I jumped in late, I've been at work where I've been trying to do the job they pay me to do.

• Like x 1
  13. seebs

A whole lot of people have been not-okay to varying degrees for a long time, because I kept hoping I could just sorta handwave or preach and somehow get people to behave without any kind of rule structure at all, and clearly I was not correct in that belief.

14. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

its still minor drama IMO
    ? wheres ppl sending irl gore?? where is ppl sending threats of murder on a daily basis? all of these things are stuff i expect mods to handlewithout goign into a fucking thantrum and starting all over again

• Like x 5
  15. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

You know, I totally understand where you're coming from but it's still a shock to those of us who haven't been involved with these problems that long.

• Like x 4
  16. Petra

Petra space case

Well I haven't been okay either, but I don't rock the boat. So part of me thinks if I rock the boat enough now to try and show you how Not Okay this feels to me it'll change things, even though I know it'll just stress you out more.

Please just add rules on Kintsugi. See if that works before locking the forum.

• Like x 8
  17. seebs

I'm sorry about that, and I hate it too. I loved what this was, but it's not that anymore, and I can't get back to that without some kind of reset.

18. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

listen
    crashing the whole goddamn forum is not the right response here
    having it around to look at is not the same as having a functioning forum, and a brand new one is not going to be the same
    it'll just die
    and since this is the ONLY way I can contact multiple friends, i'd really rather you just don't

• Like x 16
  19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I just have no idea how I'd even go about reestablishing all I have right now, here, unless accounts can be moved over wholecloth as well including all related subaccounts.
    I can't even consider this right now seebs seriously I am... I can't. I can't do something like move forums. It makes my brain scream. I want to lowkey curl up and die.

• Like x 16
  20. Petra

Petra space case

Are you sure? Why not try?

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice