Sewing Dumping-Grounds

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Jojo, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

I don't think we have a just-sewing thread (ha puns) (for real tho if im wrong lmk! I couldnt find one when i looked but i might just have glanced over it) but I honestly just wanted a place to talk about sewing projects, fabric types, fights with the serger, etc etc everyone please feel free to post your sewing projects and rants too!!!

Today's topic: Wow I'd love to use one of the 5 seamrippers I own if only i could FUCKING FIND THEM

Also, I made my old boy a coat to keep him warm in the winter, its 2 layers of fleece and a layer of flannel so its Extra cozy
    [​IMG]
    This was before i attached the belly strap but otherwise it was mostly finished here:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I literally made it because JoAnn's had some good clearance fabric/half-off flannel and i lost my SHIT and bought. Far Too Much. Also I made the pattern myself and I'm pretty dang proud! I broke 3 needles making it but they were the really cheap kind so im. Not surprised

• Like x 2
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Oh same! I think they share a dimension with lost socks and doorkeys.
    I donĀ“t generally sew fromscratch, but I alter stuff. Current project is letting out a blouse to acommodate boobage. Ironically the next one might be taking a blouse in.

• Agree x 1
  3. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

I really want to make my friend one of those giant squid plushies but she likes octopuses WAY more than squids so im trying to figure out how to alter the pattern to make it work, will post results eventually.

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice