Shit and also Fuck, Paypal help

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Lazarae, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

So got two emails from paypal saying that 1) my password had been changed and 2) a new email had been added. I'm locked out- it doesn't even recognize my email as being tied to an account.

So I followed the helpful thing on the bottom going "not you? go here!"

except it's profoundly unhelpful

and the two most accessible ways of contacting them (the message center thing and emailing them) both require me to be logged in for some stupid fucking reason.

I'm LOCKED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I CAN'T LOG IN SO I CAN'T USE THEIR STUPID BULLSHIT.

The only option left is calling them and 1) it's almost 8pm (and if my family overhears I'll get a lecture on safety EVEN THOUGH GRANDPA'S INFORMATION'S BEEN STOLEN TWICE because what is hypocrisy?) and 2) PHONES.

Can someone who's either gone through this, can parse useless circular help sections (I kid you not initial attempts to find out what to even do led me to the same page, which linked to another page... that led to the original. THANKS.) or just isn't running on panic brain help?

• Witnessed x 2
  2. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Can you link or screenshot the page that following the "not you" link on the email brings you to?

Looking at their website only gave me this which im assuming you've looked at, which points to calling them being the best route, though it seems to be about forgetting your password and not someone else getting into your account.

I would definitely also check any bank account or credit card linked to the account and see if you can lock them down somehow or at least keep an eye out for suspicious activity.

3. Lazarae

4. Enzel

So i checked by logging in to my own account, and "Report Unauthorized Activity" is basically a page that shows you all the transactions that have gone thru your account and you have to select a specific one to report a problem. I don't think that will help here.

some googling has turned up a phishing scam that involves fake password/email changes being sent by paypal, but I'm assuming you tried logging in/resetting your password and that didn't work.

At this point I think your best bet is to call :( esp since there doesn't seem to be any info about this specific problem on their site at all.

5. Lazarae

Damn. Ah well, it's good to have it confirmed at least. I'll get to it in the morning.

6. Enzel

Good luck :(

7. Lazarae

Got it sorted, only had a tiny anxiety attack. Thank you @Enzel for help attempt!

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice