shitposting rave 2, electric boogaloo

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by this is not a subaccount, Nov 20, 2015.

1. this is not a subaccount

this is not a subaccount Active Member

Welcome to ShitPosting Rave 2: Electric Boogaloo!

This is an open, freeform roleplaying thread. It's a catch-all for spamming silly commentary on other threads, or testing out characters before joining any of the real games, or just playing around.

You are not obligated to respond to things if you don't feel like it. Engage or shitpost into the void as you please!

The rules are few!

1: You control your character(s), not anybody else's.

If you declare that you're attacking somebody else, you don't get to decide that you hit. It is completely irrelevant how powerful your character is; the characters are interacting across universes, and can be completely invulnerable to each other if the players wish. If the other player doesn't feel like playing out a fight, then you miss. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I like to treat the setting as a virtual reality, so the characters are literally characters (possibly playing as themselves). You don't have to follow that if you don't like it, and you can bring in whatever settings you like.

2. Characterization is optional.

This started out as the shitposting rave, and I want that to continue. If you just want to post whatever, go ahead. If you want to play with a coherent characterization, and remember all the conversations your character has had before, you can. A surprising number of people have started doing that. And you don't have to.

Similarly, if you want to experiment with your character having powers that they don't canonically have, you can do so. Want to go fly? Sure, they can fly. Godmoding Making up powers is cheesy and fun.

3. Do not post open spoilers from recent canons (meaning, information from within the last four months).

The simplest way to follow this is to just not post spoilers.

"But I'd really like to try roleplaying as this character, and there aren't any threads for this canon!" I can hear some of you saying. Okay!

If you really want to try out a character from a spoiler canon, here's my advice:
    (a) Post it with a subaccount with an ambiguous username and picture.
    (b) Post it under a spoiler tag.
    Like, if The Empire Strikes Back had aired last month, and you made an account named Darth Vader with the custom title Luke's Daddy, and commented on the plot twist? That wouldn't be cool. Please don't do that.

Conventions (not rules) that we've started using:

((Double parentheses for out-of-character conversation))

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    • Like x 4
  2. This Was A Triumph

This Was A Triumph huge success

One of the great things about Kintsugi dot seebs dot net is the feature of subaccounts.

Their original function here was probably to provide the personal comfort of anonymous posting, while keeping sensitive topics securely protected from just anybody passing through!

But don't think that subaccounts are all serious business! That might have been their original function, but new functions are found each and every day! Have you considered the fun and comradery of teasing your friends with a silly sock puppet by the clever handle Not [Your name]?? Like wearing a set of glasses with a mustache, they'll just have to pretend you're not really yourself!

And the games don't end there! Perhaps the most common use of subaccounts has come to be alternative accounts for "role playing"! Yes, you too can make a subaccount, and use it for collaboration story telling with your fellow forum goers!. You could have a single one for playing multiple characters, but why stop there?? By creating a subaccount for each of your characters, you can personalize them to your heart's content! Give them each a representative image for quick identification! Fill out their personal details with a description of their personality and history, to help other roleplayers to get a sense of what your character is like! The fun is never-ending, folks!

But, to bring us back to the purpose of this thread.

This subforum, evocatively titled Howdy there!, exists to provide a welcoming environment for new users to introduce themselves and be greeted by members of the community! But subaccounts aren't actually people, are they?

No.

No they're not.

So we created this thread, as a friendly sort of "catch-all" for all those accounts who don't really need to introduce themselves. This way, you the people behind those silly little masks can still show off your creations, without bogging the forum down with extraneous introductions!

Please, enjoy your stay. :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like x 5
  3. the author speaks

the author speaks [WT/18+] Mage of Space Stanford F. Pines, PhD

If you see me (or Valiska, or Stan, or Dipper, or Mabel) here, we are shitposting. If you want to shitpost with/at us, we can do that here.

If you want to RP with us, go to Interdimensional Paradigm Theory and Practice 404: the Weirdmageddon Tango. That's what it's for.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like x 1
  4. H.I.C.S.S. Iron Hammer

H.I.C.S.S. Iron Hammer ship/ships/shipself! \(^°^)/

5. The 11th Account

The 11th Account New Member

it's the final countdown :3

6. Death's-head

Death's-head NOT a horse, dammit.

Bites all the other subaccounts

• Like x 3
  7. H.I.C.S.S. Iron Hammer

O_o you have very big teeth, sir

bc i'm a ship! UwU

• Like x 1
  8. Death's-head

Didn't say it was an effective bite on YOUR giant butt.

• Like x 1
  9. H.I.C.S.S. Iron Hammer

*hisses* *sniffs*

i'll tell BT you were mean to me and then they'll play CIRCUS MUSIC at you (ʘ‿ʘ✿)

• Like x 1
  10. Death's-head

Oh noes, circus music. Careful there, next one might actually hurt.

• Like x 1
  11. The 11th Account

The 11th Account New Member

round and round and round and round and round and round and round
    and round
    and round
    and round
    and round
    and round
    and round
    and round
    and round we go

:>
    'v'
    <:
    .^.
    :>
    'v'
    <:
    .^.
    :> 'v' <: .^.
    :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^.
    :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^.
    :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^. :> 'v' <: .^.

• Like x 3
  12. Pearl (the Crystal Gem)

Pearl (the Crystal Gem) Do it for her|18+

fuck

• Like x 2
  13. Death's-head

You do not prove to be tasty or nutritious, skinny pointy woman.

• Like x 1
  14. OP 13

OP 13 WHY AM I MADE OF MEAT? 18+

I'm surprised you managed to find something TO bite, really.

• Like x 1
  15. Pearl (the Crystal Gem)

Than I suggest that you avoid biting me.

16. Death's-head

It wasn't even amusing. Get out of my way. I need to bite things.

17. Vegetoid

Vegetoid ATTACK 6 DEFENCE 6

Vegetoid came out of the earth!

18. Pearl (the Crystal Gem)

No. You don't. Unless those things are actually food, that is. If you do need to eat - which I'm guessing you do. Then again, Amethyst...

19. Death's-head

Maybe Amethyst can conspire with me to bite things?

20. Pearl (the Crystal Gem)

@Death's-head Like this vegetable, for instance

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice