1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shitposting Rave After Party - Only ironic Kidz Bop after this line

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Dipper Pines

Dipper Pines [WT/18+/NS] Mage of Time

"You can ask me questions," Dipper says, "without owing me anything, too. As long as you understand that I won't always know what the answers are. Because I'm a kid, among other things."

2. Curiosity

Curiosity New Member

Oh, that happens! "I don't know" and "I don't want to talk about that" are still answers, even if they don't taste as good. How are boxes supposed to make a binding? Are they enchanted? And what's the G-d you were talking about? What did you mean by "not that observant" about the tefillin? Tefillins? What's the plural? [Congrats, Dipper, you are now the free meal ticket.]

3. Karkat Vantas

Karkat Vantas YOU BLITHERING FECULENT SHITHOLE | 18+/NS

AND YOU GET BIGGER BY EATING THE WISPS, OR IS THAT THE FLOATING, GLOWY EQUIVALENT OF EMPTY CALORIES

4. Curiosity

Curiosity New Member

[Nodnod.] Their stuff becomes my stuff! Easier than negotiating from bigger spirits.

5. Dipper Pines

Dipper Pines [WT/18+/NS] Mage of Time

"The boxes contain scripture that the members of the Hebrew tribes are instructed to bind in certain places. I believe that the binding is probably supposed to come from obedience to the instructions. It's called a mitzvah, which is a good thing that you do that makes you a better person and often also helps fix the broken bits of the universe. G-d is like, the deity who made the universe, but whether or not G-d actually knows everything, or whether G-d is real, is certainly a topic that people can debate, and I won't be offended, because I'm not sure what I believe. G-d is like 'the Maker' in some ways but not necessarily in others." Dipper takes a bite of his burger and chews it. "I've never heard people use the singular of 'tefillin' before'. I will ask Ford. By 'not that observant' I mean that there are 613 tribal laws that we are supposed to follow, but most of us don't follow all of them, and there is a lot of argument about what some of them actually mean and how to follow them, and my family does not spend that much time thinking about it. Most of us follow the basic laws like 'don't murder people' but there are other laws about what we are allowed to eat and wear that a lot of us, including our family, ignore, except during Passover. Except for an aunt that I've never met."

((OOC: Haha this is fine he's a nerd.))

6. Curiosity

Curiosity New Member

[Curiosity listens intently; they sit cross-legged midair, eyes glowing faintly silver.] So the boxes are purely mundane, no actual binding to them beyond an oath? What metrics are used for 'better'?

7. Felidae

Felidae Member

Ohhh. So the fade is lots of people-placed glued together? [That actually makes sense to her, under the 'people can also be places' header. HUH.] And the veil is like... a door between place-made-of-people and place-made-of-place? [slowly, understanding dawns on her] So a thin place is once where the door is like really easy to open? Or is made of glass so that you can like... wave at the people on the other side?

8. Meraud Surana

Meraud Surana In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. | 18+

It happens to my conversation partners frequently, no need to feel bad. Pouting won't change it either.
    If you wish I can change the subject.

9. Curiosity

Curiosity New Member

Not... literally glued, we don't have to actually touch each other, but yes!! Like that!! [Kind of. But technical details will probably just confused someone who only just learned what the Fade is.]

We don't have to talk. I just wish there was a way to convince you I'm being truthful.

10. Meraud Surana

[She sighs quietly]
    There isn't, and it doesn't have much to do with you. I don't trust anyone, not really at least. Trusting people easily is how you become a stepping stone for people more shrewd and conniving than you.

11. Felidae

Felidae Member

[Yeah best not, kittenbug is having enough trouble getting things as they are] so how does that work, you're here but also a place elsewhere?

12. Curiosity

Curiosity New Member

[They nod.] I know. You're just the first person I've met who actively disbelieves me instead of either believing or ignoring. It's strange.

13. Curiosity

Curiosity New Member

Oh, I'm not in the Fade right now, all of me is here. Integritas is a very kind host, and also I'm too small to be here and there at the same time.

14. Not-A-Ser Lin

Not-A-Ser Lin Tiny Elf, Huge Axe

There's a smart one. Haven't you got an Archdemon to stab or something? 'Sprobably easier.

Fuck no. Why fucking glitter? The fuck.
    [Lin is unaware that he would probably look great in glitter]

Good. Now we're getting somefuckingwhere.

• Like x 1
  15. Meraud Surana

It's sensible. At least for me. I've had bad experiences with your kind. And people not of your kind. There is so little to gain from truth in most instances. And even if you can use the truth to your own ends, it's a deception of it's own kind. Everyone lies to me. Why would you be different, when I've yet to meet a spirit who would not seek to consume me?

Can't very well stab the Archdemon if I'm sleeping standing up, no? I need sleep, and given how often I hear her sing to me these nights, being here instead... 'tis good. Restful.

• Like x 1
  16. Not-A-Ser Lin

Not-A-Ser Lin Tiny Elf, Huge Axe

[he grumbles. He can't really argue that nightmares don't suck, he has his own]
    Great, so we get to suffer you instead.

17. Meraud Surana

Well what would you do with all your energy if no one annoyed you? Glad to be of service.
    [She sketches a bow, grinning.]

18. Felidae

Felidae Member

[Sage nod] You really are very small yet [Kitten is potentially misunderstanding the term 'small' here. Just a little]
    [She leans in to try and noof him. Can you noof a spirit? Only experimentation will tell]

• Like x 1
  19. Curiosity

Curiosity New Member

A spirit cannot contradict their being. A Hunger must consume; a Desire must provide; a Compassion must assist; a Knowledge must learn. I am Curiosity-- a subset of Knowledge, we who subsist on truth. I do not doubt that there are those who are selective with the truths they share, but I am entirely incapable of lying except by omission. Speaking something that is expressly false would cause me great pain, and an extensive chain of lies would kill me. What reason would I have to intentionally kill a mage who's done me little harm, when you are so much more useful when you can return to the waking world and bring back things I haven't learned yet?

20. Curiosity

Curiosity New Member

[Feli could, theoretically, but Curiosity is wary of someone so big approaching without warning and teleports a few feet away.] Yes, I am, please don't eat me.