Should all the boards be private?

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Gardenia, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think we really knew what the BB forums was for at first; it just slowly became the vent subforum. I could see making that one private since we've pretty much settled on it being for vent threads.

• Like x 5
  2. Acey

Acey optimism and bad vision

I'd say that if we do make any forums private, the subforum names and descriptions should still be visible to unregistered users, but marked clearly as private (and leaving all actual content invisible to unregistered users). Probably with an indication that they're private?

• Like x 3
  3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

not the abuse forum, please

• Like x 1
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

+1 to that. I'm pretty sure that Kintsugi started as a way for Seebs to continue taking the anon (and not-so-anon) questions re: abuse and brainweird difficulties. The increasing community is a cool thing and assistive to the goal of people helping each other healing in that way, but that's the central thing. That forum in particular needs to be accessible.

• Like x 1
  5. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

That's how it currently is, I think? I logged out and this is what it looks like:
    Untitled.png

• Like x 3
  6. Acey

Acey optimism and bad vision

Ahh, okay, cool! Glad to see that's the case.

7. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I think it might be useful to have visible which subforums are private and which are not when you're logged in, because if you think you might be the type to spill stuff about yourself then you can then restrict yourself to the private parts.

• Like x 6
  8. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

There tends to be a sticky at the top of forums that are private from what I've seen, from Seebs.

9. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Only FiD and Top Serket do

10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

There's two kinds of private, and those are the more private kind, where people who aren't logged in can't even see that the forum exists. The other private ones, the name of the forum and its description are visible to anybody, but the posts aren't.

• Like x 1
  11. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Even Weirdmageddon Tango? Boat Trolls?

Please no. I do not want Weirdmageddon Tango to be private; it's a roleplay. And it's not NSFW.

If someone at my job finds out that I like to pretend I'm Ford Pines on the internet, I think I'll survive...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    • Like x 1
  12. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

No. Don't make them all private. Mark the private ones (or maybe mark the not-private ones) but there are too many people who come here on advice and look before they leap. If they see nothing here they won't create an account and find a place they can be comfy blabbing about their pee fetish or their abusive Mom or their Dad's incest fetish or their confusion about their gender ...

• Like x 5
  13. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i honestly dont know how effective it would be to make them private anyways? anyone can just....register. with a fake email, even.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice