Should I be talking to my psychiatrist about this?

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by PrinzVyper, Oct 13, 2016.

1. PrinzVyper

PrinzVyper "Cum cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus."

So, I often wake up violently, it only happens when I am very deeply asleep, and am suddenly jarred awake. Usually attacking the person who woke me up. The attacks are astonishingly accurate. I once, from a dead sleep, threw a bottle of ibuprofen at my then teen-aged son and hit him square in the forehead, he was across the room. The people close to me know to keep their distance if they must wake me up.

Here's the new-ish issue: I've noticed, over time, that there is a split second of, I'm not sure what to call it, I guess I'll call it "crossover" for lack of a better term. The strong impression of something very, very angry and female, retreating as I become aware, and stop whatever actions I was performing in that first second or two as my mind awakes from sleep.

So, should I be concerned enough about this to warrant a special trip to my doctor? Or is this fairly normal, considering everything else going on?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice