shrink shopping troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by witchknights, Dec 5, 2017.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i know this has been mentioned probably a thousand times before, but i'm looking for a new therapist after moving cities (just... two years late?) and I want to make a list of qustions to bring to the few docs i have picked. My last psych was my mom's patient and her indication, and she was honestly a great therapist, but i wasn't in the right state of mind to really ask questions to get to know her and her methods. and now i am, and i want to! I just don't know what kinds of questions i should be asking, and what the protocol is for this.

2. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Ask about their education, their methodology, and what experience they have with your particular bag of issues and how prepared they feel to treat it! Good luck!

3. Tea and Rain

Tea and Rain angry squirrel

Consider asking about what insurance they take and sliding scale clinics if money is a concern. Ask about how busy their practice is (especially if you need weekly appointments). Some places have weekly or monthly group therapy for particular problems (ex: managing anxiety, eating disorder recovery, or overcoming addiction)/building particular skills (Mindfulness, communication skills) or can you refer to places that do group therapy in addition to individual therapy should you chose to pursue that. Best of luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice