So Beldaran is a Mod Now, What's With That???

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Beldaran, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Not one bit surprised about this decision; in favor, for what that's worth.

Don't remember if we've formally met, @Beldaran. If not, hi! I've been impressed by your dedication to mediating conflicts and your deft handling of said mediation.

Congratulations on your promotion, and sorry in advance for the headaches. XD

• Like x 9
  2. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Alright Seebs, you're not really making people feel any more comfortable right now and it's Not Helping. Some people can't "just close the tab" because their main social circles are here.

We have a responsibility to present relevant information that can help people feel comfortable when there's big changes. You and your autistic family group would know something about sudden change being disruptive, so let's try to be nice.

• Like x 32
  3. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

that's a good point. i feel like part of the reason some of us are very okay with you becoming a moderator while some of us aren't is because for some of us, this change has been a over a year in the making

• Like x 12
  4. Key

Key never make a triangle

I think I remember it being something that was discussed a while back and I don't remember anyone having an objection, I kind of assumed it had already happened and then forgot about it.

• Like x 6
  5. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

@Beldaran frankly i'm just surprised that it took this long to become official! i've kind of thought of you as like. mod-lite? for ages now, honestly

• Like x 8
  6. witchknights

witchknights 27 Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I remember this being a thing being discussed at least since before the BPDAnon blow up. I wasn't even sure why Beldaran wasn't a mod already

• Like x 3
  7. The Punisher

The Punisher Protecting You From Bad Posts

If you ever change your opinion on this, I'm ready to help out.

-FC

• Like x 4
  8. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

I should totally be a mod like js

9. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

((I thought belderan was already a mod lol))

((That puts me on the side of "this is a good idea"))

• Like x 5
  10. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I like that one of the user complaints was wanting mods able to mediate and shut down arguments so seebs promotes the one member with actual mediator training and experience

• Like x 18
  11. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

Same hat re: the already a mod thing!

I think my First Few Beldaran Sightings were when you were in like
    FULL MEDIATING MODE
    so you came off as kind of intimidating and...not closed off, but like...Too Balanced To Be Real
    and then I saw you around more and was in the "yes good" camp :D

• Like x 6
  12. Beldaran

This is incredibly flattering, thank you guys for being nice. Also I was not aware that so many people thought I was a mod before this. :o

• Like x 7
  13. Acey

Acey a girl with a crown and a scepter

Honestly, Beldaran, while I knew you weren't a mod, I kept forgetting that you weren't a mod. Because you seem, well, modly! In a good way.

So yes, I approve.

• Like x 3
  14. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Fake it 'til you make it. :D

• Like x 7
  15. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

i think a heads up in the furure would be nice, but then again this situation has been tumultuous from the start.

congrats beldaran!

• Like x 5
  16. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I feel you were sort of informally a mod anyway, though without special powers in the software before this.

I agree that we needed to spread the mod thing around a little more to make sure things didn't fall through the cracks.

• Like x 6
  17. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Everyone who thought Beldaran was already a mod was just receiving vague flashes from the future where Beldaran is now a mod

• Like x 21
  18. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

<throws confetti>

• Like x 4
  19. Zibanu

Zibanu Well-Known Member

Would like to say that I second the suggestion for forum specific minimods, with maybe less powers but who have Authority and experience to settle disputes in specific realms.

• Like x 8
  20. Beldaran

I promise not to try and make you stay on topic if it makes you feel better. It would be an exercise in futility anyway; things I personally find annoying have nothing to do with the boring job of soft-deleting actual death threats. ;p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice