so i'm being followed by demons: what do

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Jul 27, 2016.

1. my brain's got me half convinced that there are tiny demons that like to hide under my bed and in dark places that intend to poison my beverages and infect me with demon-ness. this is decidedly suboptimal! does anyone w/ more experience w/ this than me have some insight to share? i'll see my psych on the first of august, so an appointment's not forever away, but i need to keep from flipping every sad remaining shit i have left to flip over fucking roofie demons until then.

for reference: i had some issues w/ seeing/feeling/hearing things that aren't actually there, starting a month and a half to two months ago, but this is my first time entering into the realm of semi-believing that they're real, actual things and boy oh boy am i not a fan.

2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Do you have any idea about what kind of rituals you can use to banish them? Is there anything vaguely religious or magical you think might work? Ideally the ritual won't be needed once mental health care kicks in, but for a stopgap, doing things like, idk, lining the outside of your bed with salt to keep them from crossing might help.

My occasional experience with Absolute Conviction That Thing Is Real (even when I know it isn't) is that you brain is just. Not gonna accept answers that aren't fitting the Thing Is Real logic. So in my case it was 'ghosts don't come out when it's not dark/if you cover things with blankets they can't see you'. Salt barriers, burning incense, marking down on the floor with paper covered in sigils for warding-- whatever your brain thinks might actually work. Do the tiny demons fear bleach? Use bleach! Can you ward them off by blocking those dark spaces off? Block that shit off, fuck those guys.

Fingers crossed that your psych has a better solution though, and hugs if you want 'em.

• Like x 4
  3. thanks for the idea, srsly! i've been trying to reason w/ myself which has been workin abt as well as you'd expect, and i just...didn't even think to go along w/ it?

locking the door's a good temp thing but it only keeps out the demons on the landing, not the ones in my room. they can't get through any place w/out an open door, i guess? even thru the crack underneath the door. i wonder if i could do something w/ that. light scares them away, so i've been sleeping w/ the lights on, which is fucking awful. (i am also sleeping w/ the lights on cuz the remote for my fan has fallen into demon territory, but hey.)

i wonder if i could try making lil sock monster guardians or something, i know that having stuffed animals around used to help when i was freaked out as a wee thing.

i will continue thinking on this!

• Like x 2
  4. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Would putting a blanket along the crack under the door help?

5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Several branches of witchy persuasion use salt and water to banish unwanted energy/critters. for your remote, would a flashlight to look for it with help?

6. KingStarscream

Yeah, it's not a great long term solution, but especially in the short term playing along with Asshole Brain is pretty much the only thing that works. If you've got a light on your phone or a flashlight handy, try using that if you need to venture Where There Be Demons-- since light works on them, that's your first line of defense.

fakedit: ninja'd.

• Like x 1
  7. not necessary! they can't get through the crack because the door has to be wide open for them to come in

i mean, maybe? but not at night, and it's night rn. plus i'll just end up leaving it on anyway. i can try in the morning, tho. and how do they use the salt and water, can you point me at anything? it's worth a shot.

the dog also works! i've had her in my room all day and she's mostly kept them away, so i think i'll try to keep her around as much as possible.

and yeah i am...kinda really hoping that my psych will do something other than laugh when i bring up seeing shit this time around.

8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

The most bare bones version: You mix salt and water while focusing on how you want this to now become the essence of clean. (Small threatening demons: Definitely not clean.) Not just physically but emotionally and spiritually. Then when you need it you take some on you fingers and flick it at the beasties to make them fuck off.
    (I can ask my mother for a more ritualistic ritual when she´s awake. Or I just thought of it while writing, you can use soap and water if that seems more helpful.)

9. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

"A psychologist, when confronted with a man who is convinced he is being followed by a large and terrible monster, will endeavor to convince him that the monster isn't real; a headologist will simply give him a chair to stand on and a very heavy stick." -- Maskerade

(witnessed, tA; hope you're free of the awful little bastards soon)

• Like x 10
  10. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

....wait, did you talk about this before and have your psych not take you seriously?

11. 8')

12. chaoticArbiter

.....for the love of fucking Christ.
    have you considered a better psychologist?

• Like x 4
  13. KingStarscream

I'm gonna fistfight your psych in a Walmart parking lot. >:(

Fingers crossed that they do take you seriously though, because what the fuck.

14. he is literally the best psychiatrist i've ever had by a mile. i'm kind of afraid to look elsewhere.

15. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

16. chaoticArbiter

:c
    there's gotta be a better one out there who'll take you seriously.
    ....but what kind of psychs have you had that this guy is the best?? jesus.

17. he doesn't coerce me into taking medications that i'm not comfortable with taking, he doesn't play headgames to show off how in control of his patient he is to other people, and he doesn't tell me that i'm trans because i don't want to have sex with dudes. the bar is kinda low, admittedly, i'd rather the devil (lmao) i know than the devil i don't.

• Like x 3
  18. chaoticArbiter

that is a very, very low bar.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with all that, friend :c

• Like x 2
  19. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

would sleeping with lights on + some kind of sleep mask work? if the issue with lights on while sleeping is you seeing the light and being awake, you could maybe find a sleep mask (or just toss a blanket over your head idk) so then the room would be Light but you could still sleep.

20. i've just been tossing a blanket over my head, yeah. (i don't have a sleep mask) it works...decently? until i decide that not being able to see makes the demons come closer and flip. god this whole thing is so fucking stupid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice