So, Where Do We Draw The Line?: About Alix.

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by anonaughty, Feb 1, 2017.

1. anonaughty

anonaughty New Member

To quote ASPD Anon...

Alix asked for a self-imposed ban for their actions on Sunday. Today, it was realized that Alix had created/taken a hold of the account A Crow, thus bypassing their own ban. Whether or not you think the ban should be reinstated as Alix presumably did not alert Seebs is up to you.

However, Alix has, time and time again, suicide baited people. Being told to knock it off has not worked, and in an attempt to leave, a self-ban has not worked as Alix remains on the forums. Should they be allowed to stay? Should moderation over their accounts be put in place?

Where do we draw the line, if there is a line to be drawn?

2. Silence

Silence New Member

Presumptive. We don't draw the line about bans or punitive moderation.

Try making a thread with actionable questions.

3. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

This subforum is for hashing out issues between specific users. Are you confronting Alix here or...?

4. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

point of order: @A Crow is actually banned "by request, under a different name"

typing up more thoughts but would like to point that out first

eta. whoops, shows what i get for not checking what forum the threads in first

5. Alix asked for a ban because they couldn't stop themselves from checking the forum, not as a punishment for their actions. Whether you think they deserve a ban for their actions or not, it's misleading to talk as though Seebs approved the ban as some kind of punishment and Alix ~snuck back in without telling their parole officer~.

Also, @A Crow is now banned.

6. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

conversation on this seems difficult

anyone can join the forums. No email sign up is necessary. the moderators have other things to do than obsessively vet each person who enters the forum with an account to make sure that it isn't a banned person on another account.
    any person who has left has self-banned.

aside from physically going to a user's house and taking their computer, I see no way to solidly "block" any person from the forums.

7. Silence

Silence New Member

It's another hate and punishment thread. But this one has good reasons so it can be in the wrong forum because [train noises].

8. anonaughty

anonaughty New Member

What subforum would have worked better? Serious question.

9. anonaughty

anonaughty New Member

I apologize for misleading you, and I said that was up to what others not, not what I myself was saying.

10. Beldaran

There is no forum for gathering up a gang to decide the fate of another user.

If you want to talk about repeated suicide baiting and how to deal with it on the forum in the general sense, which has been done by more than one person, you'd want a meta thread.

• Like x 1
  11. anonaughty

anonaughty New Member

This is talking about it and it has been brought up because of Alix. Talking about suicide baiting and meta would ultimately round about to Alix. No one brought any examples up, so I apologize for making it so short-sighted. Care to give an example so I can edit it in?

12. I am not misled, dude, you're still doing it with the
    bs.

:|

13. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Also it would be better to make it about suicide baiting in a general sense, rather than clearly about a specific user who's not here currently

14. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

Dude. This kind of thread? Not cool. Ever.
    Kintsugi has no punishment system by design. Deigning someone as "A Problem that must be fixed and gotten out of the way" is literally against everything that this site stands for. Period. End of discussion.

Suicide baiting is a problem.
    Alix has caused problems because she suicide-baited multiple times.

Alix herself is not a problem.

• Like x 1
  15. Beldaran

Maybe "vent threads and the community" or the thread about dog piling would be good templates. They were created because of patterns of behavior, but sparked by specific incidents, without being ABOUT those incidents.

16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

17. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

This thread isn't about running someone off the forum though, it's about someone who requested to be banned so they could stop checking the forum, and then made a subaccount to post anyway shortly after? So they requested a ban for their mental health, then once they got it, they proceeded to make it ineffective.

18. Beldaran

I really happy and proud of how the community culture here has developed. It only took one big "hate thread" incident for us to learn better and look at us now. c:

Like, genuinely, it's good.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  19. Beldaran

Seebs isn't her parent or doctor, that's not his job.

He's not even sure if he'll continue offering voluntary bans because of the workload it creates.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The question of running off the forum is in the op. The entire premise of the op is that maybe this time the entire foundation of the forum should be compromised. Because reasons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice