So, Where Do We Draw The Line?: About Alix.

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by anonaughty, Feb 1, 2017.

1. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

this thread is pointless unless someone has a solid plan for controlling other human beings over the internet that the moderators are likely to agree with

if we have another thing to discuss, i'd like to request we make a new thread as even the title of this one seems in poor taste

2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The original post of this thread isn't about spiral de-escalation, or ways to peacefully refuse to interact with someone, or any of the things in the power of we the users.

The op is about proposing moderation or bans, because as nice an idea as this low rules thing is, surely there must be a line at which we'll come to our senses and embrace protective authority against the people who do bad things. When... the authority of this forum has already said that won't happen.

Right now, this whole thread is pointless, because it asks we the users to make decisions only Seebs can make. As if enough people voting without convincing arguments will be enough to convince Seebs. Come on.

3. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

4. bunnies!

bunnies! Actual Moe Bunny Girl, Holly

punishments aren't a thing here, and even if they were, circumventing a requested ban is an absurd thing to punish.
    *ducks*

5. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

srs.png

In case anyone forgot.

srs2.png

6. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Okay dudes, lots of people have said the same two or three things now about forum culture stuff. Now that it's been said, the op doesn't need dogpiled, which is sort of hilariously topical.

7. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

Shoot, sorry!

That is some terrible irony right there.

I'm stepping back for a bit, then, until I'm out of "sardonic attack dog" mode.

8. Skeletor.

Skeletor. Member

9. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I moved this thread also to Meta because it's not remotely a "hash things out" thread, since it's about another user.

And the current answer is: I don't have a general answer, but I will in general tend to put people on moderation queue if they're prone to acting up and haven't left.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice