socket's goblin den - currently playing BG3 EA

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Socket, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Socket

Socket fuzzy tabletop goblin

finally! a thread for me, a goblin!

what will i do here? i don't know! chatter and ramble i guess? make goblin noises? whatever you do with your own little space i guess?

so, to begin: wyrm got me divinity original sin 2 for my birthday and im aLREADY IN LOVE WITH SEBILLE, i'm so predictable, i fall for every sharp lady elf i've ever seen in my life. she's licked my character's arm so now i've got to romance her, that's the rules

(i........LOVE..elves)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Socket

i am having a very good time playing this game c: it's really fun! also my Most Favourite Elf nearly murdered me because i startled her and....she's good. i was here like 'oh i'm gonna play my character kinda, like, neutral good?'

and then it's like oh okay. it's hard to play neutral good while hellbent on romancing Sharp Murder Elf. that's fine! she's got morals with........a very specific exception???

(i hATE HOW MUCH THIS GAME HAS READ ME. what was that word. 'fuckor'? is this fuckor?)

• Like x 1
  3. Socket

listening back to some of the moments from Awful Ex-DM’s campaign is a trip, honestly, now we know he was a dick

Like when he killed off our Druid? “take a failed death save for every 5HP under zero”? a Joke, a Laugh. funny how he never implemented that mechanic ever before or since.

I loved that campaign....but Boy Oh Boy it’s interesting to see where the Dickery shines through.

• Witnessed x 1
  4. Socket

legit though I’m Love Divinity 2

there’s something reallyyyy engaging about it, and i love the character interactions a Lot (a small thing I really like is the amount of, I guess, physical contact? lil hand touches or shoulder-claps sometimes say a lot in the interactions and they’re fun. it’s not just pure dialogue. having a narrator is Good) and

also it’s SO GAY in my run. even if my character’s only kiss so far was with a necromancer who charmed her and gave her a mouthful of wasps (gross, thanks!!)

5. Socket

YES this is socket’s Divinity pit, no I’m never going to stop making gleeful noises

Listen, listen, it’s just, everyone is so gay,

do I love games where me playing a female character means that Every Hot Morally Grey Female NPC, some of the good NPCs, all of my lady companions and frankly a large number of the villains are just super duper gay? YES.

IT’S GAY ELVES AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE, I LOVE......

6. Socket

i'm so happy to be writing again after A Thousand Years (campaign logs not included cos they're not ~content i made~ and they're fun) but will i ever finish them??? i have no idea!!

SOCKET'S BACK ON THE FIC TRAIN LADS

• Like x 1
  7. Socket

got some new dice today!! I love them so much!! I know I’ve got no need for even more of them considering I’ve got a veritable Hoard dropping on my head in March, but............ice cream colours...pretty. And I’m goblin.

in other news, there is a very nebulous but exciting possibility that me and wyrm might get to move out at some point in the future with our Best Bud?? it’s so lovely that she’s not only chill but apparently enthused by the idea of cohabiting with us. the concept of living in a house with Multiple Rooms, instead of being sorta confined to one (1) bedroom between the two of us is........soooo nice honestly. imagine. also we would get to go to IKEA. I haven’t been to ikea in forever and I Luv furniture shopping :3

8. Socket

B2A96057-2CE1-4022-AAFB-33FF57F9BBCF.jpeg

Look at my diiiiceeeee I want to eat them!!! I wish I’d waited just a tiny bit longer because I didn’t know they were gonna rerelease the Neapolitan ice cream set....but the spumoni set is so pretty too so I can’t be upset about it at all

• Like x 1
  9. Socket

So weird to think I’m on my uhhhh I think...third?? Third session?? Of DMing Curse of Strahd!!

It’s very exciting but I’ve got the jitters as always, haha. I think it’s just bc im on holiday- when I’m at work I spend half the day doing what I’d describe as ‘mental session prep’ - thinking of stuff characters might say, running through how I might describe things, how certain beings might behave if aggressed, etc. But I’m calmer than last week, I think. :)

I mainly just gotta remember it’s me and my friends having some fun storytime and it never matters At All if I don’t live up to the inside of my own head - they don’t know what I was thinking! :p

It’s a real fun game tho and at some point I’ll actually go to the dnd thread and talk about this party because they’re a ton of fun and they love their role play and don’t even mind that they chatted to a pair of ghosts for literally 3/4 of a real life hour. I love ‘em.

• Winner x 2
  10. Socket

Also I’m still love Divinity. I need to post my art at some point because I’ve been so Inspired,

And I’ve even been writing a little bit of fic!

Actually, I’ve been writing a LOT. It’s nice to be writing. I can’t wait to have the campaign writeup for our current game up to date (I skipped writing two sessions bc of some Nasty Interpersonal Drama with an ex-player and ex-friend, and it’s taken a while before I’m comfortable relistening to the sessions and hearing his Smug Douchebag voice) because I feel like I’m improving - they’re so much better than the old team jailbird logs. I wanna be ready to write original fiction (or a moderate sized fanfic) again tho because I LIKE WRITING ACTUALLY I think :D

11. Socket

DM JITTERS KICKING IN MAJOR NOW LADS

Probably shouldn’t have bothered ordering food because uhhhhh i can’t eat it, oops, better save that for later when the post-game ravening kicks in

• Witnessed x 1
  12. Socket

Oh man it was a fun game last night. Actually found the jitters wore off super fast and I was barely nervous mid-game at all. Despite this game being one where I’ve had to do the most Oh Wow Uh Okay, You Want To Do What?? bc my players are all about clever (RISKY!!!) shenanigans. I will post about it in the DnD thread later when I’m more awake

Quote of the night from the post-game chatter: “Now, I know I’m probably stating the obvious here but [voice lowered to a stage-whisper] I think that statue was of Strahd.

• Winner x 1
  13. Socket

Writing is hard, my dudes!! Oh my god!

I’m patching the holes in my campaign logs (the time period where Our Ex Player was at his most Extra and I didn’t feel good about doing the write ups) currently, and while the previous one felt like it came out well, this one’s proving mad tricky.

It’s the combat! I want it to feel Grand and High-Stakes and Full of Action. But for whatever reason, I’m not finding my usual flow. I’m in half a mind to rewrite the entire scene!

(Part of my perfectionism is because our amazing DM so often feels like she “ran that fight badly” - because Ex Player kicked off during it.....because he wasn’t hitting anything! She did an amazing job and I want her to see it. I am DETERMINED.)

14. Socket

No idea what caused the Spirit Of Being Able To Write to possess me this afternoon, but uhhh thanks, intangible ghost of sudden motivation, I guess! Come back again, buddy!

It may only be a couple of paragraphs, but it's nice to get some progress made on my DOS2 fics. Plus, I like DOS2 fic. It's almost by nature deeply self-indulgent because the events of the game in my fics are....only correct and relatable to me, pretty much. Only I care about Jenneth and her gradual but inevitable disillusionment with her god. Only I care about the weird elven intimacy issues (I LOVE ELVES) I headcanon Fen and Sebille as having to need to work through. Even the canon characters can be read completely differently depending on everyone's individual game arc and i LOVE IT because it means nobody is likely to care enough about my fic for me to feel intimidated, in a good way, because it means I'm literally just writing it for me.

SELF INDULGENCE, LADS. It's top notch.

15. Socket

First D&D after a month's break tonight and I'm HYPE!!!

Oh goodness, oh me, oh my. I hope the players enjoy it as much as I'm going to - I've been sitting on the contents of this game for a MONTH and I've been DYING. Surprisingly, the nerves haven't taken me yet! I'm just quite jazzed because ALL SORTS could happen this game and I want to find out what's going to happen!

• Winner x 1
  16. Socket

just lil DM things i didn't expect to experience: the emotion of Aw I'm Gonna Miss That Monster in the wake of the party doing the good, responsible thing and swording a ghast to death

i'd got rather fond of her! by the book she's not even a CHARACTER but i'd had so much fun.
    RIP, ol' lizzie. sorry you never got to take a bite out of any pretty elves or have time to recognise your son posessing our sweet halfling lad.

(this just means i'm gonna have to run CoS again in future so i can play with her more and have some different routes of conversation. she's chatty for an undead - as I run her, anyway - and i love her!!)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  17. Socket

Also I’ve just started listening to Twilight Mirage and I’m so sold on Fourteen Fifteen like you have NO IDEA. On concept alone, I’m in. They’ve not even started playing the game yet but I’m in love with one (1) body-hopping, slowly-dying-of-data-loss, nb assassin.

HOW does jack keep making characters i’ll be so beguiled by, how does he do it!?

18. Socket

*drumming my heels on the floor like an baby*

i miss playing dnd......................SO MUCH............................

DMing is fun but i miss julian!! i miss nuth!! i wanna be a player again so bad but our DM is resting........(which i fully respect bc playing with Douche Player burned her out bad af and she can take all the time she needs)

the good news is recurring NPCs are finally gonna exist soon in CoS so at least i'll have characters i get to spend some time inhabiting and getting to grips with, which i'm hoping will be satisfying in its own way but

I just miss my wizard boy, I have cravings for putting on my posh-part-of-hampshire voice and waxing lyrical about magical plants and for the love of god i want my chance to hang out with the cool tiefling and ask them if we can compare spellbooks and Wizard Bond................i wanna see where our druid's sweet gay flirtationship with the ship's arbalist goes............ i miss the party ;A;

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Socket

oh i'm EXCITED, i just found a playlist of custom Curse of Strahd soundscapes by location and i'm VERY into them

my terribly curated roll20 playlists can take a hike, these are SO much better than what i'm using now

• Like x 1
  20. Socket

pregame jitters getting me IMMENSELY!! it's always like this after a break, tho, i get all keyed up. but it's allllll gooood. the objective is to have fun so it's absolutely chill.

.....i am gonna eat before the jitters delete my appetite though lmao

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice