Sol's "Just Do It" Art ETSY Party (pt.2, the Sequel)

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Sol, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

Accountability thread!

I have an art show in a month and I am NOT READY!!! Aaaaaaaa!!!

ALRIGHT so basically.

The art show was good and went well. It was busier than I thought it would be but it was mostly local foot traffic and not people there to spend money. My work was very obviously different to everyone elses being the only digital artist there but I mostly got compliments about it so. Shrugs. I didn't sell any prints but I sold most of the stickers which isn't much money but it's better than nothing.

I'm not sure I'd do that particular event again but we'll see where I am next year.

Now that's all done with I'm moving on to getting this etsy up and running! I know there are lots of ppl on here who sell on etsy so I'm gonna go stalk those threads as well as keeping this one open. Thanks everyone for your help!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

ok so i didn't actually finish that commission today but i DID adopt a cat from the shelter so that's basically like, even better than drawing someone else's cat, right?

• Like x 5
  3. !!! i demand pictures

• Like x 2
  4. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

:3c

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  5. what an excellent cat!

• Like x 1
  6. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

[​IMG]

see look i'm doing it

• Like x 5
  7. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

they're done!

now to make a list of prints i'm taking to this show. i'm probably taking these two cats, and this cat and i'm getting this fairy printed on canvas for a center piece.

does anyone have any suggestions for any others that would go well?

• Like x 1
  8. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

see the problem i have is that i'm really anxious about being The Weird Furry at the local art show so i'm a little hesitant to take furry portraits even though i think some of them are easily my best work.

even though like. I am that weird furry. thats me.

• Like x 1
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I liked the "Curiosity Corner" piece a lot. And the Daisy girl had lovely colors.

10. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

Yeah I like the Daisy one too, I wonder if I did some other flowers I could make like a little set? Problem is I only have like 5 weeks

the Curiosity Corner banner was a commission for a school idk if i'd feel comfortable showing it and selling it. maybe as a display only peice? idk.

Also good morning everyone today we're doing boring looking-up-prices things. Booo.

11. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

12. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

13. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

i've ordered a test folder from a local fine art printers and have ordered a home printer for stickers and badges. they're going to have to be scissor cut but i have nothing if not huge amounts of free time and the ability to do boring menial tasks for hours on end.

definitely think that Daisy portrait needs to be in a pair if not a larger set. Violets maybe? roses seem a bit, yknow, cliche.

14. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

so i'm sitting here staring at a sheath of paper samples and honestly i'm just going to make them into a little house and live in it forever off the grid.

• Like x 1
  15. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

[​IMG]

printing tests and paper samples and pricing guides and a whole lot of mess all over my desk OH MY.

• Like x 2
  16. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

OKAY i ordered better sticker paper and i went to the framing shop to talk to the art framey art lady and i ordered colour proofs on the three papers i narrowed it down to and i treated myself to some nice bristol board so i can do traditional work this week and some cute mini easels to display stuff on. progress! slow progress, but progress.

• Like x 2
  17. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

all the prints are ordered aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

• Like x 3
  18. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

the invoice for the prints hasn't been sent yet and i'm starting to worry they're not going to arrive in time to get them framed and the fair emailed me saying we could have 10 picture hooks each and i'm trying to do math in my head of how many hooks i need and failing and i have to show up to a press thing this weekend to make it look like i know what i'm doing and aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA please help

19. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

my prints haven't shipped yet, the show is on Friday, i do not have a backup plan.

help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice