Song recs needed - Post breakup 'You Are Awesome' anthems

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Nertbugs, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

A close friend of mine just broke up with their partner. They're very upset. I'd like to put together a playlist for them as a sort of, 'You can get through this and it will be okay' present. So I'm looking for songs to that end. Not stuff that's based around negativity towards the ex, but more personally empowering / comforting stuff. Are there any recommendations people have?

2. Clicks

Clicks The All Consuming Dread

What kind of music do they generally like? Upbeat, poppy stuff or more subdued?

3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Level Up by Vienna Teng is very inspirational, though not very breakup themed.

4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I will survive is always great for stuff like this imo but your mileage may vary. Some people take it to be a little sarcastic due to overuse for some reason

Edit: oh wait shit I missed the no ex negativity thing. Its not over yet by for king and country would probably work better maybe?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

• Like x 1
  6. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

8. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

These are all amazing so far guys, thank you! (Especially loving the Joe Esposito track, @KaidaShade . That one's also going on my 'Songs To Sing Along To Loudly and Badly Whilst Cleaning' playlist).

@Clicks They're sort of in to indie stuff, especially female fronted groups. But really anything would be appropriate. Out of the songs I've picked on my own so far, there's 80s hair metal, chilled acoustic, comedy rock, etc, so I'm not especially sticking to any one genre.

9. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

@Nertbugs honestly it's one of my 'Belt It In The Car When I've Had a Bad Day' songs and it definitely does the job!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice