soo...i think i need help,kind of time sensitive....

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Missfortunate, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Missfortunate

Missfortunate Emotional one

So me and the person im staying with have had a falling out of sorts....well more she has had a falling out with m...or she just doesnt like me? Idk anyway before i begin, some background information, about.....a month ago? Or more i was in need of housing, and @emythos end up getting it out there for me after a few steps that landed me in Maine. Well the person im stayig with was cool for awhile but then she started to get annoyed by me, and freaked out at me over alot of little stuff, the most notable being peace keeping. I have anxiety that trigers really easily when people yell at me, i explaimed this to her as best i could in my state at thetime, ok things are better she apologises the next day, but just about every other day since she has something to say about me and will never actualy say it to me, shel message me over facebook from the living about some new thing ive done wrong.so i started doing what i did back home and spend all my time at home in my room, and she has an issue with that too....anyway its been building for a couple weeks and last night she wanted to get into it with me but i wasnt trying to agrevate the situation so i just stayed quiet, she ended her tirade with "and you need to find another place to stay in like the next three to four days" i didnt argue or protest just calmly said ok then wemt to lay down to tune out the world...its half past four AM and im trying to figure this out, i have a job, that id really rather not leave because its pretty awesome and i would be able to afford a one bedroom for myself or easily a 2 bedroom with a roomate, but i have almost no friemds here....so idk if i should try to start somewhere again? Try to get back to my homestate?....im goig to try to network with a coworker of mine and ask my supervisor about my situation (they expressed a strong willingness to assist with personal struggles) but i mean...whatever happens im obviously not staying here and i need to figure this out like now. There is one place i could stay...but its about 80 miles from where i work, in a dofferent town, so id have to leave my job to find a new one and money is tight there..i dont wanna put them in a position to support me...and im scared...i feel like everything ive been trying to make work is fallig through my fingers...Uhm...does like anyone have any ideas or something? Cos i cant think right now...thanks for reading alll of this

2. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

Mm, I'm not quite sure. Are you on the lease? If so, I do know that your roommate can't kick you out in four days--in Washington state, at least, you get at least a month to get things together and they have to give you eviction papers and all that, which means getting the landlord involved too. I'm not sure if it's different in other states though, but I bet there are some people on here that would know better than me.

As for whether or not you should move--it sounds a lot like your current situation is pretty miserable. :( It might be worth it to go roommate hunting if that's possible, or attempt to nab that one bedroom place. It might be a little lonely for awhile, but it's better than living in an environment like that. You mentioned that your supervisor is willing to lend you a hand; do you know anyone you could commute to work with?

I'm sorry I don't have better advice at the moment, my brain is kind of gone too, but I hope my blather helped a little bit.

3. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

That is really really frustrating! I'm so sorry you're having to go through that even with having found a job.

The person you're staying with didn't sound super definite about the 4 day deadline, maybe when they calm down they'll be willing to, you know, let you find an actual place to stay before making you leave? I think the one bedroom apartment idea sounds good, at least in the short term. It would super suck for you to have to leave your new job.

I feel like if that person is at ALL reasonable they should let you find a new apartment before asking you to leave on such short notice, but if they're not maybe someone at your work knows of a place open to rent asap. Perhaps there are even some cheap, short-term rental places near you that you could stay in while finding an apartment? Or even like, a room in a house to lease on the short term?

Are you paying rent to the person you are staying with now? Maybe you can, I dunno, bribe them to let you stay until you find a place. I'm just SO MAD that this is happening when you were finally almost settled, but hopefully this is just a hiccup and not something that will require you to be all uprooted.

Also, Dave and I were seriously considering figuring out if we could get your kitten safely shipped to you, as a kind of home-warming gift. Maybe that might help with feeling lonely?

• Like x 2
  4. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I'm afraid I don't have any advice, but I offer sympathy and my ear if you need to talk.

5. Missfortunate

Thanks guys, as it stands im not on a lease but its because we were planning to move to another place together, so i just add to the house funds for gas and food rn, so no lease..im going to go to work today I think and see what i can make happen, but if no fruit can be yielded ima have to leave my job..sucky sucky sucky :/ -_- and @Beldaran that would honestly make me so happy! I miss Monocle a ton..but if im not gonna be staying here thatl have to wait. Im gonna update my situation Later, and I may just take up the offer for the ear @KathyGaele

6. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

If the information on r/relationships is at all accurate (it may not be), in many states you don't need to be on the lease at all, just have lived there for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure how long that amount of time is though? Maybe a month? Something about establishing residency, but yeah.

http://ptla.org/rights-tenants-evictions# Actually has info on it for Maine! Go down to "Does my landlord have to warn me before I can be evicted?", then under "if you are a tenant (no lease)". If she's the landlord, she needs to have it in writing and you also get 30 days, unless she has good reason, in which case its 7 days (the reasons listed don't seem to include 'is vaguely annoyed at you', so you're probably good for a 30 day thing). Tell her you have these rights, yo!

Edit: Uh, last bit is directed at @Missfortunate . Kind of obvious, but I didn't want to leave it vague, haha.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    • Like x 2
  7. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

I'd also second talking to your supervisor before you go ahead and quit your job, they may be able to help. And yes, assert your rights! Your roommate is being a grade-A dick.

• Like x 2
  8. Missfortunate

Thanks guys, he info was a good read @Hobo im not sure how far i could take this legaly cos its not an apartment? But like...yeah..anyway, my supervisor took a personal day and work was good, I did find the contact info for a program that could help me find transitional housing and im gonna *TRY* to meet with one of the case workers there tomorrow after work, i spoke to them over the phone so...well see, i mean if it really comes down to it i can just uproot again but i will habe to leave my job and like...fuck dude i just got it! Ive been looking for work so long its stupid...so im gonna do my best to make this work

• Like x 3
  9. Missfortunate

So relocation it seems is going to have to happen, i couldnt get any good leads for temporary housing but i know someone in a different town..so im just gonna like, have to get there this otta be good

10. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Yo, I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I don't think the not-an-apartment thing matters at all (tagging @pixels in case ey are down with doing the law thing and/or correcting me here). Like, you guys could be living in a cardboard box or a mansion that the other person owns and I think legally you would still be entitled to stay for 30 days after being served an eviction notice in writing.

• Like x 1
  11. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

no idea about maine law, or law in basically any other state but texas. if you're not on the lease you might be s.o.l. just as a general thing

12. Missfortunate

I have made a successful relocation arrangement, with the people who are kind of my parents, non biological ofcourse..well see how this goes..might only be a temporary stap between here and a better situation..wel see, i should update in a few hours, by tonight i think

13. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Would it be at all possible to commute for a few days from the other town while you keep looking for a roommate/housing near your work? Because losing a brand new job a) sucks and b) makes it harder to get the next one. I mean, you already know that, just. Ugh. I hate that this is happening to you. your current roommate is such a dick.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    • Like x 1
  14. Missfortunate

Yes she was a hugeee dick, all is well....im relocated and gettinf aclemated to new place...im job hunting again...im with my non biological parents...they insisted I stay here and will help me get on my feet, hopefuly i find work soon so i can contribte financialy but in the meantime im willing to work hard around the house. Im thinking i can make it work here for awhile so for now my situation seems stable. @Lissiel no commutig isnt an option unfortunately, if it were i would!

• Like x 3
  15. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

Sucks that you had to pull up roots, but I'm glad things are stable for now at least. Good luck job hunting!

16. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Im glad youve got good people there helping you and things are getting a little better. *hugs if they're wanted*

17. Missfortunate

*accepts hugs* i always want hugs! Cept when i dont :p i applied to one job in person and took home two job applications, hopefuly i manage to get one of these three

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice