SPR After Party 2 - Party Harder

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Afterglow of Apophenia

Afterglow of Apophenia Some people murder?? to cope??

It's alright, dear. No harm done.

[Glow side-eyes Dynas. This almost definitely isn't shit-talking, and yet...] It's perfectly possible to maintain relationships while on the move.

2. Dynas Miramar

Dynas Miramar 30% Bad Decisions By Volume

[Why is the giant metal dude looking at him like that? Has he offended his giant metal sensibilities?] Maybe if someone was movin' around with me, but if someones got roots n a life somewhere it ain't fair ta expect 'em ta commit ta seein' me maybe once or twice a year. I make an effort, sure, but most of the people I might shack up with deserve someone who can give 'em the attention they deserve.

• Like x 1
  3. Afterglow of Apophenia

And you find it so unlikely that you might meet another traveler that you discount the idea entirely? Humans are strange.

4. Dynas Miramar

S not unlikely. I know plenty, but we can't really travel together too often. Dragon riders like me tend ta work alone unless a problem needs more firepower, since most a the people who need us can't exactly support that many huge carnivores at once, y'know?

5. Afterglow of Apophenia

You know your situation far better than I, but--

[Glow is interrupted by a timely antenna to the face; he sputters for a moment, distracted by buglet.] Are you awake, Clash, or just making my life difficult even in recharge?

• Winner x 1
  6. Dynas Miramar

[Dynas suppresses a snort of laughter.] Yer kid, by any chance?

7. Brejan Lavellan

Brejan Lavellan Not THE hero, just trying to save the world | 18+

[Here's a tiny elf wrapped in a huge fur-lined red coat and what looks like a genuine plaid, chewing on the tip of her goose-feather quill and frowning at a frankly ridiculously gigantic tome open on her lap.]
    Why is Orlesian so difficult?

• Witnessed x 2
  8. Afterglow of Apophenia

[...denying it would be pointless, wouldn't it? Clash is, apparently, awake, judging by his contented chirping and perky antennae. Afterglow sighs, not entirely annoyed, and carefully pets along the top of one elytrum.] I'd hardly put up with being hit in the face otherwise. I'm not sure he's realised he can still talk while he's in alt yet.

9. Fiethsing

Fiethsing Six Sage of Wind

With a word that fancy I feel it speaks for itself why it is. Perhaps! I've no idea what Orlesian is! Just that it sounds too fancy for its own good.

• Agree x 1
  10. Dynas Miramar

[Its... weirdly cute, for a giant metal bug, but Dynas keeps his distance nonetheless. It didn't do to get all in the faces of anything with offspring, sentient or not.] Yeah, I know the feelin. You can put up with a lot if they're yours. He'll learn, hopefully

11. Brejan Lavellan

[She takes the quill from her mouth just long enough to quote:]
    "Such as it is, the school of spirit magic may have it's origins earlier than we suspected, in truth one might theologically posit that all of the traditions found in Alamarri death magic are, in a way not just necromancy avant la lettre, but in fact the root of Spirit Magic as we know it today."
    It's a rebuttal of Warden-Commander Surana's first published essay about how even traditional fereldan necromancy ought to be differentiated from surrounding traditions of the Spirit school. This is the translation but I'm comparing with the original in Orlesian when I can.

12. Fiethsing

Too fancy for its own good! I can only imagine how stuffy it sounds in the original.

Unless it is one of those needlessly florid sorts of languages that insist on this... -she shudders as she thinks about French-

13. Brejan Lavellan

Orlesian is a lot more complicated than Trade. It's all exceptions and so little actual rule, and the sounds make my head hurt sometimes.

14. Fiethsing

To be fair, Elvish does adore its exceptions. We've a sense to not get so academic though.

Though now I want to know, just what are the sounds that make your head hurt?

15. Afterglow of Apophenia

He will, I'm sure; he's only just figured out transforming, we won't begrudge him time to figure out all the new body parts. Will we, brightspark? [This last bit directed at the beetle now trying to climb his arm.]

16. Brejan Lavellan

Tragically our own Elvhen has been largely lost aside from the fragments the Keepers have managed to, well, keep, and whatever we have managed to reconstruct from ruins. We don't know nearly enough about how the language once functioned to properly form sentences.

It's less... the sounds themselves than how they combine? Trade doesn't make you move your mouth in such strange ways. I fear my tongue tied in a knot whenever I try to sound out the words to try and understand them better.

17. Fiethsing

Lost? Your Elvish is lost? -she actually sounds rather horrified by that.- And you can't even know how to form a sentence in it?

Hrmm...We get complaints of that at times. Most humans give up on attempting to say my full name after a point. That or call me Feesing or Feething...

18. Felidae

Felidae When you are the cat AND the catnip

[Feli is watching the babby bug. Can she ask if she's allowed to play with him? Buglets are so good]

• Winner x 1
  19. Brejan Lavellan

It's been lost for Ages? Since the fall of Arlathan when the Tevinter Imperium forced my People into slavery and did their best to erradicate as much of our culture as they could.
    Solas speaks a lot of Elvhen but he does not want to teach me or tell me where he learned. [Pout elf] he says he might tell me once we have destroyed Corypheus, but that now is not the time to get into the intricacies of grammar.

• Like x 1
  20. Fiethsing

-oh my god this keeps getting worse. how does it keep getting worse. the very mention of slavery seems to have filled fieth with a dread greater than any ever felt before-

...and he doesn't even want to help? But think of how free you could be with it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice