1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

SPR After Party 2 - Party Harder

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Mar 18, 2018.

1. turntechGrimalkin

turntechGrimalkin nice going dude you deactivated my charcoal

but is it really zombie mushroom tea if you purify out all the great healing properties? anyway, if you really want to purify a drink, use this. [he's suddenly holding a necklace with some sort of pink crystal pendant, and he leans over to dip it in ryol's drink. if ryol lets him, he might find his tea is suddenly rather saltier]

2. Lion's Cub

Lion's Cub Not as dead as previously assumed | 18+

[Ryol squints at the crystal, then at his tea.]
    Did you just dunk rock salt in that? Because I can tell that's not Dawnstone.

• Like x 1
  3. A Valo-Kas

A Valo-Kas Or occasionally several Valo-Kas

[Amused:] Sure, whatever you say.

4. turntechGrimalkin

it's rose quartz. [he gives no outward indication that he's lying] pretty sure rock salt is white, dude.
    [he reaches up to pat his arm] you can trust me, i'm a god of knowledge. that means i'm basically wikipedia only way more reliable-er. and your aura is like, puce.

5. Lion's Cub

I am pretty sure the color depends on.... stuff. But I've seen red rocksalt too. And Quartz would be shinier when wet, this just immediately gets a strange white-ish crust again.
    [He still hasn't tried the tea because he's waiting for Dave to betray his game.]

6. A Valo-Kas

...half of those aren't even words. [He's not even going to touch the 'god of knowledge' thing.]

7. turntechGrimalkin

maybe if it was polished it'd be shinier, sure, but as you can see it's just a straight chunk of rock. needs the extra surface area to really work that purifying magic.
    bzzt, wrong, they're words now. i am like shakespeare, bro, giving voice to concepts that were previously indescribable. you're welcome.

8. A Valo-Kas

That only works if the concepts are understandable.

9. turntechGrimalkin

so get on my level and understand them.

10. A Valo-Kas

Nah.

• Agree x 1
  11. Lion's Cub

[He lifts the tea to his lips, drinking it while staring straight at Dave. He doesn't even bat an eyelash at the taste.]

12. turntechGrimalkin

then i guess you don’t get to decide whether or not they’re words, do you?
    [he stares right back with an equally straight face. this is very smart and mature behavior from two very smart and mature boys]

see?

13. Lion's Cub

Well it's definitely 100% salt.
    Do you know how I can tell?
    'vints dilute their wine with seawater.
    [He takes another sip]

14. turntechGrimalkin

[deadpan:] salt has fantastic purifying properties, you’re welcome.
    if you can only tell the taste of salt when it’s dissolved in a drink, i don’t even know where to fucking start with you. drink your mushroom broth, you weirdo.

15. Lion's Cub

Do you know how expensive salt is?
    I know it in cured foods too, just not... added to stuff willynilly.

16. turntechGrimalkin

[blink] what? no. salt is like the cheapest flavor enhancer out there, it’s nothing. that’s why they put salt on everything at mcdonalds. a thing of table salt is like...[rich teen has almost no idea how money works, give him a minute] like ten dollars, tops.
    you have a grinder of salt and black pepper on the table and you put it on your food, that’s the basic shit you’re gonna have, salt and pepper is the bare minimum.
    people put salt on the roads to melt snow.

17. Lion's Cub

[He looks.... offended. also confused???? and kind of offended.]
    Salt is sold for its weight in gold unless you live near a mine or close enough to the coast and have the time to devote to making your own salt? Not so much in Tevinter, but that's because of slaves owned by the Imperium.

18. turntechGrimalkin

[he leans back a little bit] well not where i’m from, dude. i think maybe it used to be? but now it’s like. you gotta go out of your way to buy low sodium soy sauce and shit.

19. Lion's Cub

[He frowns] That's.... so weird? How... why?

20. turntechGrimalkin

i...don’t know? i was only thirteen when the world ended, i didn’t exactly have time for in-depth analysis of how salt became plentiful in middle school. kind of had more pressing matters to worry about.

why is because it tastes good tho. and those purifying properties i was telling you about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice