SPR After Party 3 - To Be Named When Less Drunk

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Kassius

Kassius very smart idiot (18+)

Maybe being physically manifested makes it harder to figure out? Pain is... complex and messy.
    -He glances over at Kassia and then looks away.-
    I'd be fascinated to meet him sometime, but I'm not sure if I'd make him feel very good, haha.

2. Ghilan Lavellan

Ghilan Lavellan parenting the entire world since 9:41 dragon

Possibly. He hasn't said so, but if he's little to compare it to... [A shrug, a small smile.] He's doing as well as any of us are surrounded by disasters, and at least he can do something about some of it. I think rather you might not like to speak with him, though; he doesn't yet seem to have grasped the difference between thought and verbal speech, and regularly brings to light things he thinks need talked about, whether out of confusion or in an attempt to... lance the wound, so to speak. Useful, occasionally, but it can be a bit disturbing.

3. Kassius

Mmm. Can't do much worse to me than I do to myself, right?

4. Ghilan Lavellan

[Earflick.] Even you have some things you'd rather not discuss in public, I'm sure, and Cole-- Compassion, but I think Cole was the name he got attached to while being a ghost-- seems to have an unfortunate gift for ferreting them out.

5. Kassius

Ah. It could be unfortunate depending on who is around, yes. I'd hate to hurt Mena's feelings with doubts I've had about the relationship, for example...

6. Kassius

But that attachment! He hasn't washed himself of the ghost-identity? That's interesting.

7. Ghilan Lavellan

Quite so, and not even limited to current issues. I'm not sure what his limits are, but he's dug things up at least decades buried only tangentially related to things going on around him, and asked in mixed company because he doesn't understand them. Which would be fine in private, most times, presuming a comfort with spirits, but...
    It is! We haven't wanted to push him too far-- there are enough malicious spirits around as it is, we don't need to go twisting our one ally by accident-- but as he's spun his own material form as well I wouldn't be surprised if he's still using a dead man's face. Even our dear Nightingale hasn't managed to track down whoever he thought he was, but with how chaotic things have been in the south...

8. Kassius

Mmm. It's interesting, though. Wherever the dead go, it's not the Fade - there's cold comfort to be offered from walking around with a dead man's face, unless the comfort was to those who cared for the deceased. And even that would be... unsettled.

9. Ghilan Lavellan

It is interesting. I haven't thought to ask him what drew him to... the one who was Cole, but I'll have to do that if I remember in waking. [Shrug.] He wasn't one of ours, that much is certain, and he showed up ahead of a fair few lyrium-mad Templars. Dirthamen only knows who he was or how he might have attracted a Compassion.

10. Kassius

Ah.
    -Kassius looks sad.-
    Nothing good, I suppose.

11. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

Something like that, i think. Techno-mages are often very talented enchanters. [Wait are enchanters a thing for Aiden...] They can infuse magic into mundane objects. Charms are common, but I've also seen more exotic stuff, like an electric fan with a cooling effect worked into it. [for when you can't afford air conditioning] The thing would go cold enough to grow icicles, sometimes.

12. Ghilan Lavellan

Some of the things he's said... No, it can't have been. [They shake their head.] I'd like to think we're doing better than whatever it was, but he's so easily spooked it's hard to tell.

13. Prince Aiden

Prince Aiden i'm tired of all the noise | 18+

[He nods. That actually makes sense.] Spells set in objects are pretty common here. Craft carriages, chillboxes, water heaters... Blood cities have more spells worked into the buildings than small villages do. Darker jeweled Blood houses can be almost inaccessible to lighter jeweled Blood or landens, just because craft is needed for things like “turning on the lights” to bleed off power.

Our building is like that, a bit. No one under Purple Dusk lives here—Jordi rents a flat here because the other tenants help hide his scent more than a different building might.

14. Matthias

Ahhh yes. Due to how rare mages are, humanity as a whole had to get a lot of non-magic solutions for things [Nodnod] Usually they're not tied to power level of the caster, thought if someone does commission work, they might key the item to the intended user, usually by incorporating like a hair or drop of blood or something of the intended user.

I admit my own power drains for a bit different than using it to turn on the lights [First because he doesn't have to, second because he'd literally not be able to] but I can def see the benefit of finding smalls ways to bleed power, my own tends to get messy if I don't.

15. Hallr Aeducan

Hallr Aeducan Topsider's Honor | 18+

[He comes in at exactly the wrong time, and chokes on air.]
    Hmm yes quite, I would rather not have a repeat of trying to explain to a widow why her husband's corpse is still walking around, actually. It's not a good situation for anyone involved.

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  16. Prince Aiden

Things can be spelled to only respond to certain people, but that’s a more precise use of craft—most of the Blood won’t necessarily need to learn it, not beyond locking things for themselves and themselves alone.

[He shrugs a little.] I have a lot of old tricks I can use when I’m not thinking about it that aren’t common craft. Jordi’s the same way—it’s why all of our rooms are double shielded, so no one can walk through them. Most people don’t think to do that if they aren’t trained assassins.

17. Matthias

[He looks rather fascinated] Interesting, workings are pretty easy to target over here, as long as you have a physical item of the target person. Broader targeting like 'respond only to mages' or 'every member of X family' is harder, especially if you want a family spell that you don't have to take back to the crafter after the birth of every second cousin's child to include them.

[Brows go UP] You can walk through walls?

18. Prince Aiden

Physical keys to psychic locks and shields work here too—but it’s a risk, because anyone can take the key.

[He... blinks, surprised that it’s considered impressive.] Uh. Yeah? Passing one object through another is a use of craft. Most people never use it to pass through objects themselves, not when perfectly good doors are around and resolidifying in an object can have fatal results, but yeah. Calling an object in from a hidden place is another. Is that not a common thing where you’re from?

19. Aodhán

Aodhán saltwater and spite

CURRENT ME IS THE WORST OF ALL. HE JUST GOT DONE BEING PAST ME AND HE’S ALREADY RARING TO GO TO BECOME FUTURE ME. THE FUCKING NERVE OF THAT GUY.

I THINK I’M GOING TO AIM FOR NOT GETTING FORKED AT ALL, IF IT’S ALL THE SAME TO YOU. [he starts playing with matt’s hair with his free hand]

MAYBE. I FUCKING HOPE SO. I JUST...[he twists a strand of matt’s hair around his finger and makes a pensive clicking noise] YOU’VE SEEN HOW HARD IT IS ON HIM. WHAT WOULD CONTROLLED CIRCUMSTANCES EVEN ENTAIL?

20. Ghilan Lavellan

It's really not, much as intentional necromancy has its uses. Might I ask how a dwarf ended up in such a situation, though? I thought dwarven dead were encased in stone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice