SPR After Party 3 - To Be Named When Less Drunk

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Ghilan Lavellan

Ghilan Lavellan parenting the entire world since 9:41 dragon

[Theirs do as well. Sorcerer's not exactly a common word.] I'm a mage, yes. The scar is from a spell gone wrong, so sometimes it flares up with residual effects. [Nevermind that it's... usually intentional.]

2. Catra

Catra Not the sidekick

Oh, ew. My condolences.
    -She does seem to be expressing actual sympathy, even if in a very teenaged way.-
    Hey, at least you're better off than my- than Shadow Weaver. She's like, a total mess. It's funny because she's such a terrible person!
    -She laughs.-

3. Ghilan Lavellan

[Just a bit of a wince.] Perhaps it would seem so if I knew her, but neither if those things usually entertain me. Might I know your name, messere?

4. Catra

Catra Not the sidekick

Catra. Neither of what things?
    -She blinks, genuinely confused and a little defensive.-
    I didn't do anything wrong.

5. Ghilan Lavellan

People being messes, and people being terrible. But no, an emotional reaction is not in itself wrong; I simply don't find the same things funny as you. I'm Ghilan.

6. Catra

Catra Not the sidekick

-Her tail curls around her, and she looks away.-
    It'd be funny if you knew her.

7. Catra

Catra Not the sidekick

But! It doesn't matter how terrible she is, because now I'm second-in-command and not her!
    -She looks back at them, a proud glint in her eyes.-

8. Ghilan Lavellan

Perhaps so. [A shrug.]
    Good for you? [Their ears flick back, uncertain; maybe weird cat girl is older than she looks?] Certainly it's a lot of responsibility to take up, but I'm sure you'll do well.

9. Catra

Catra Not the sidekick

I've already done well. I mean... yeah, it's a lot of work, but that's what it takes to prove yourself, right?
    -She runs a hand through her hair, grinning.-
    Something wrong?
    -It's not like Ghilan knows about the Horde, so that can't be their objection. Whatever it is, she can handle it!-

10. Aodhán

Aodhán saltwater and spite

[he grumbles and kisses back] OF COURSE WE HAVE IN WHICH “A VENGEFUL SPIRIT ATTACKS ADOLESCENT TROLLS INSIDE THEIR DAYMARES, BLAH BLAH BLAH.” WE CAME FIRST.

IF YOU’RE GOING TO INSIST ON SHOWING ME YOUR INFERIOR HUMAN FILM, DON’T MAKE ME SIT THROUGH TWO HOURS OF SLASHER SHLOCK. [he takes a sip
    of the hot chocolate and fishes out an extra marshmallow with a clawtip before handing it back. His Sugar Now] AT LEAST GIVE ME SOMETHING WITH A COMPELLING ROMANCE.

11. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

Yeah. It's a good addition with dark chocolate especially if you ask me, breaks up the taste of the cocoa a little without removing it. I strongly supporting using more spices in chocolate.

You say that, but I'm pretty sure the movie is old enough to have gotten a remake by now [He sighs dramatically and summons replacement marshmallows.]
    What counts as a compelling romance from your end?I'm sure we can find something suitable. [Is he debating showing Karkat The Shape Of Water? You bet he does]

• Winner x 3
  12. Ghilan Lavellan

Wrong? No. I find myself confused by your appearance, but that's nothing new. [Apparent age is part of appearance, right...?] Certainly not an issue with your command, and you seem happy with it.

13. Hallr Aeducan

Hallr Aeducan Topsider's Honor | 18+

I was already a flashy bastard before meeting her, if that's what you mean. Dual wielding fullsized waraxes lends itself to it. And of course I'm more skilled than most at it, proving champion tice over, actually, the ancestors smile on me when I enter the arena.
    [He raises his mug of beer a little.]

14. Ghilan Lavellan

[One ear twitches towards that discussion.] Dual axes? Clearly it works for you, but how does it work?

15. Hallr Aeducan

Hallr Aeducan Topsider's Honor | 18+

[He raises an eyebrow, pulling his axes out from... hm. Nowhere apparently? One of them is a normal seeming onehanded axe, runes and enchantments worked in aside, a hefty piece of dwarven craft but still clearly something that could be supported with a light weapon on the offhand if you aren't a child of the proving arenas where being ridiculous but memorable is the most important thing.
    The other weapon he summons frankly looks far too big to be wielded with just one hand, still he swings it to rest on his shoulder with ease in his right, the left twirling one of the smaller ones.]
    I mean you just use 'em like you'd use them if you paired a shield or dagger, only you don't train one side to support weight over the other. I've never favored one hand when it comes to fights.

16. Ghilan Lavellan

[They blink, then laugh a little.] I suppose they are different enough in size they may as well be sword and dagger. Being able to use both hands must serve you well-- I use a staff myself, but I've seen enough mishaps as a healer to know how difficult it can be.

17. Aodhán

Aodhán saltwater and spite

I NEVER SAID OURS WAS *NEW.* [how many marshmallows can he get away with stealing]
    BUT—HMM. WELL I MEAN, THEY NEED TO CARE ABOUT THE OTHER, PITY OR HATE. THERE NEEDS TO BE REASONS *WHY* THEY FEEL FOR EACH OTHER. I WANT TO SEE *PASSSION* AND *CHEMISTRY* AND REAL TRUE FUCKING *EMOTION.* NONE OF THIS SHIT WHERE THEY’RE ONLY TOGETHER BECAUSE IT’S CONVENIENT TO THE NARRATIVE. [if matt shows him the shape of water he will cry so many big pink anime tears]

• Like x 2
  18. Prince Aiden

Prince Aiden i'm tired of all the noise | 18+

[He's still frowning thoughtfully.] Salt does something similar for sweets, so maybe... But having too many flavor profiles in a set of baked goods wouldn't be great either.
    That is exactly what I meant, yes. [He snorts softly, then tips his head in interest.] Proving champion? What's the arena?

19. Catra

Catra Not the sidekick

...what exactly is confusing about my appearance?

20. Ghilan Lavellan

[Ah.... The price they pay for indirectness........ Ghilan laces their fingers together to keep from fidgeting.] I've never seen someone with your particular arrangement of ears and tail, for one, even among spirits prone to shape-changing. And, ah, pardon my saying so if I am incorrect, but by the growth markers I'm most familiar with you look a touch young for command.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice