1. Yes, we're aware that McAfee is reporting this as a "malicious site", we don't know why. I have some indirect evidence suggesting someone filed a bogus report somewhere. In the mean time, doing some software updates. Probably safe/harmless, but things might be down occasionally until it's done.
    Dismiss Notice

SPR After Party 3 - To Be Named When Less Drunk

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Samahl Mahariel

Samahl Mahariel Disaster bi extraordinaire

[Ears go back.] I'll bide, I'm not wastin' good elfroot when we're trapped underground at least 'til the passes clear. The fuck's a shem doin' cursin' by the All-Mother?

2. Sylvia Hawke

Sylvia Hawke Going Places | 18+

[Sylvia blinks, startled, then laughs awkwardly.]
    Well, I guess, s'not like the Maker's listening, so I figured why not. I've carried a weird amulet to her altar for the witch and all, might as well. Asha'bellanar Merrill and the Keeper called her?
    [Her elvhen accent is very bad.]
    What's a pretty man like you doing underground? Nothing good comes from underground.

3. Samahl Mahariel

[It's Samahl's turn to blink.] Asha'bellanar? Merrill? They did survive, then--? Good. Good! Fuck! Um. Mostly just killin' time at this point, honestly, I wanted to get out of Orzammar before winter hit but that ain't happened. Now we're stuck dealin' with their politics shit an' fuckin'-- succession bullshit, an' I can't even get a fuckin' drink 'cos we're fuckin' banned from the only place that'll serve surfacers!

4. Sylvia Hawke

I-- OH
    Oh. You're Clan Sabrae. Sorry, mate, If you've stayed behind I wouldn't know you probably, but yes, besides, um, a couple casualties most got out alive. So far. Merrill's doing fine, she's just... living with me now, not with the Clan. Things are complicated.
    [She fishes for a bottle of something from somewhere. The label very clearly says 'Carver Hawke'. Don't steal you're brother's booze, Sylvia. She holds it out to Samahl]
    Least I can do if I'm marrying into the Clan without permission.

5. Samahl Mahariel

[He takes it and squints at it long enough to make out 'hawk', then drinks right from the bottle like a heathen.] Shit's always fuckin' complicated, innit? Technicly I ain't Sabrae no more, on account of Warden bullshit, but. Yeah. Yeah. Uh. 'Grats on the wedding?

6. Sylvia Hawke

[For once she lights up with a genuine smile, looking about five years younger and much lighter and healthier]
    Thanks. I mean it. Merrill is... well, we could probably render Kirkwall a nice little heap of rubble if we put our heads together, so it's good she's the reasonable and restrained half of us.
    [Joking. Joking's good.]
    If the politics won't stop happening to you, you may want to just shove everyone in a room and wait for them to settle shit themselves. It usually gets things done. Fair warning though, if one of the aggrieved parties is a gigantic pissed off Qunari, it may also end up with a good half of the court beheaded and you left to pick up the pieces.
    [She sighs]
    As you can guess, my life is a bit of a mess.

7. Samahl Mahariel

Nah, Sten cares about as much about the dwarven throne as I do, but apparently they been tryin' the lock-em-in route and they're still stuck at stalemate.
    But hey, Merrill's got a good head on her shoulders for all she's a bit of a twit! You picked good, even if she ain't my type.

8. Sylvia Hawke

[She flinches slightly at the name Sten. Just momentarily, there-and-gone again, before she's smiling broadly again.]
    Yeah, I guess he would be, huh? Stens aren't leadership types as far as I can tell. Well, not upper leadership. Pack a decent punch though. Wow, dwarves are stubborn even down in Orzammer, guess I shouldn't be surprised. I've had only small dealings with the merchants guild of Kirkwall to help a friend of mine out, and all of them would take your whole damn arm off if you offered them a hand. Good luck.
    She's... well the damn mirror is still a headache and a half, but other than that Merrill is literally the least complicated part of this mess. At least she doesn't make me murder magisters and slavers, or haggle antivan assholes out of ships or nothing.

9. Samahl Mahariel

He fights good, dunno what else he's supposed to be doing. [Shrug. IGNORE THE MIRROR.] Most Merrill ever made us do was look for weird plants, murder ain't much her speed.

10. Sylvia Hawke

Ohh I love the weird plant hunts. Not gonna lie, most of us need it some times, relaxing is difficult without help sometimes.

11. Samahl Mahariel

It sure is a distraction, I'll give her that.

12. Sylvia Hawke

We found a lot of very strange plants in the marches. Half of these I didn't even know existed!

13. Samahl Mahariel

[A crooked grin.] What'dja expect, shem? Clan Sabrae don't often go so far north, but we still know more of the wilds'n you lot.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 8:27 AM
  14. Sylvia Hawke

O-ho! You look at me and think I don't know 'bout the Wilds, huh? I may not be Chasind by blood except distantly, but I'm not some delicate little potted plant, I grew up in the bogs of the South too.
    [Sure enough, the markings on her face may be tattooed now but they're clearly at least distantly related to Chasind and Avvar designs.]
    I meant more all the kinds of plants that grow here that just aren't growing in Ferelden. Or that pass through Kirkwall smuggling rings, those're headed to Orlais or Antiva most of the time.

15. Samahl Mahariel

Yeah, 's a different kind of wet up there an' the dirt's different, of course you get different shit growin'. More scrubby little bastards, less proper trees.

16. Sylvia Hawke

Mhm. That and getting minerals is all kinds of adventurous. Fun kind of adventure too. Least people have yet to try and shank me over elfroot.
    [She's got some sort of Questionable Vegetable Stirfry over an appearing hearth now. It prominently features turnips. She gestures vaguely for samahl to get a plate if he wants.]

17. Ataashi Adaar

Ataashi Adaar extremely tired

Word of advice, if you ever end up in the Fallow Mire don't go charging through the water to grab rare herbs.

18. Sylvia Hawke

[Blood mage feral goblin looks up, definite challenge on her face.]
    Don't teach grandma to suck eggs, hon, I lived there when I was twelve. I know exactly how to get herbs out there.

• Winner x 1
  19. Ataashi Adaar

Ataashi Adaar extremely tired

Oh! It's great for herbs! I just think my husband was about ready to pick me up and carry me instead of letting me grab another blood lotus and wake the dead yet again.

20. Samahl Mahariel

[Woods Gremlin will gladly steal your food!] Yeah, that's fuckin' something. Never thought I'd find somewhere it don't grow, but apparently they charge an arm and a leg for it underground 'cos they can't get it to take without natural light.

Sylaise, no, you fuckin' crazy? Getting an aravel through there's hard enough without intentionally stirrin' up the dead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice