1. Yes, we're aware that McAfee is reporting this as a "malicious site", we don't know why. I have some indirect evidence suggesting someone filed a bogus report somewhere. In the mean time, doing some software updates. Probably safe/harmless, but things might be down occasionally until it's done.
    Dismiss Notice

SPR After Party 3 - To Be Named When Less Drunk

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Callias Trevelyan

Callias Trevelyan The Hottest Mess Around | 18+

But of course I do! It’s the only way to live, darling, on the edge of a fight constantly. It’s the Treveylan way, you know.

[He winks.] Besides, how else to I test a possible resistance to poison other than poisoning myself?

2. Kassia

Kassia Member

It's fine. I escaped already.

3. Lion's Cub

Lion's Cub Not as dead as previously assumed | 18+

How about you just don't and then when you find out it's a pleasant little surprise that you're not puking your guts up while delirious!
    I'm appalled the Trevelyan family somehow survived long enough to sire you if that's their way of life. Truly the Maker has a sense of humor.

Oh good. Still better to have some legal safety but if you say it's fine then it's fine.

4. Callias Trevelyan

Well that’s no fun at all. Not terribly tactically advantageous either, since I need to know how far a blade will bend before it breaks.

You should take comfort in the fact that apparently my sister agrees with you. Do all Circles make their children all... soft and empathetic and the like? Next you’ll be telling me they shouldn’t get knives for their fourth birthday.

5. Lion's Cub

I'm an apostate, asshole, and I have never said anything against giving children knives as long as they don't show blatant self-injurious behavior. That's fun, a four yeard in theory is more suited to handling a blade than you are.
    [Oh he looks a bit smug about that]

6. Callias Trevelyan

[He beams.] Perfect! You should tell my sister that, next time she’s in here. She keeps telling me that knives aren’t appropriate gifts for the Wennies but, honestly, they really need to learn how to defend themselves. I don’t even know why she’s so fussed about it, she’s lost more eyes than I have.

7. Lion's Cub

You presume your sister has any reason to trust or believe me, that's cute actually. Anyways, teach them knife-safety, maybe that's the issue. You can't give knives to children who don't know how to use them yet.

8. Callias Trevelyan

[He rolls his eyes.] Well obviously Thom and I have done the ‘here’s the pointy end, here’s the blunt end, don’t ever grab the pointy end and don’t point them at other people’ thing—there’s too many weapons around Skyhold to go without, don’t you think? But knives are still off the table, apparently.

Worst thing that happens is they cut themselves and learn a lesson, it’s not like the Wennies are ever left unsupervised enough that a healer wouldn’t reach them in time to patch whatever booboo it is up.

9. Lion's Cub

[He rubs a hand over his face, then thinks.]
    ... If they live at Skyhold and there aren't that many threats of assassinations is there a point in teaching them knifeplay? I'm not saying they absolutely shouldn't, only well, not everywhere is the Orlesian Court or Tevinter. It's a useful skill for sure, but most four year olds need neither hunt nor defend themselves.

10. Samahl Mahariel

Samahl Mahariel Disaster bi extraordinaire

What kinda four-year-old don't wanna play with knives, though?

• Agree x 1
  11. Lion's Cub

I was personally a bit more preoccupied with sneaking out into the gardens to try and steal lemon balm instead of sleeping or learning canticles, personally. Simple things and all.

• Winner x 1
  12. Samahl Mahariel

Lemon balm is definitely worth it, though.

13. Lion's Cub

If only the Revered Mother agreed at the time. Apparently the right place for quiet reflection is not in the middle of the herbal patch grazing like a goat.

14. Samahl Mahariel

Pfff, that's why you take the best bits an' run, duh.

15. Kassia

Kassia Member

-She laughs lightly.-
    I'm never going back to Tevinter. Not even for Caelus. But. I appreciate it.

16. Callias Trevelyan

Well for one—what if we ever visit family? Again, I suppose. And by we I mean Iseult and Thom, because apparently locking the Trevelyan heirs apparent in a wine cellar and telling them that three days without eating won’t do anything but trim the fat off and I should know is frowned upon by our parents, now.

I don’t get it, really. It would have been a laugh if we were younger. Is there a rule where only children get to do that sort of thing to each other?
    Exactly! I loved playing with knives as a child! I mean, I certainly had to with my brothers, but I can’t really fault them on that, they gave me a wonderful head start on bladework.

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Samahl Mahariel

[Yeaaaaah okay weird shem goes back in the weird shem pile. At least the blond guy's less creepy. Callius earns a side-eye.] Riiiight. Wouldn't know, me, only child an' all.

18. Callias Trevelyan

Can't recommend it, really. Iseult's lovely, of course, and I do adore Gwendolyn, but frankly I would leave the twins on the side of the road in a heartbeat. A nasty road. Covered in brigands. It'd do them good. They need to build character.

19. Samahl Mahariel

Shemlen. [Samahl rolls his eyes and finds a perch by Kassia.]

20. Lion's Cub

Listen you expect way too much from a toddling idiot who thinks he can hide in the balm.

... That's fair, I guess, I'm just thinking, you can never know, right? Sometimes shit happens. Best to be prepared for the worst.

... Mate. Needless cruelty isn't exactly honorable. At least be fucking clean about it and just kill them, maker's breath.
    [Ryol no]

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice