SPR After Party 3 - To Be Named When Less Drunk

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Aodhán

Aodhán saltwater and spite

I couldn’t unless I wanted to, in here. [an extremely condescending eye roll] And I like being alive, so don’t worry about it.
    [he narrows his eyes, hissing softly. His fins are starting to fan out, but he hasn’t gone full bristle-fish yet. earlier he was being obnoxious for the hell of it, but he looks legitimately offended this time] I do not cheat. Fuck you.

2. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

That's very soothing to know at least.

3. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

[Yeah time to take a nice out of the way Seat and watch the fireworks. Matt summons himself a giant bag of Popcorn, some shades, and a comfy chair by the wayside] have at it boys.

4. Valentin Cousland

Valentin Cousland Warden, Heir of Highever | 18+

[Tinny pauses.]
    We did not firmly establish the rules of engagement, true. But you disrespected me, and then antagonized me. Why shouldn't I pepper you with arrows, rip out your throat and cave in your skull, hm?
    [His voice is a lot more growly and draconic, something of an aura settling over his shoulders making him look much mroe imposing and viscerally violent than someone with a height of a mere 4'11 ought to be looking like.]

5. Fajjan-daro

Fajjan-daro Cat About Town

[Catte purr. Catte is unconcerned with all the imminent violence.]

Oh, perhaps, if one thinks naked kits are cute. Personally you all look a bit odd! [Catte will absolutely tease a dragon.]

6. Beres-Taar

Beres-Taar Blood calls

I am capable of distinguishing noncombatants from demons.

If you aren't made a sacrifice first. If you can thin their number, by all means.

[A deep breath that was meant to be calming still ends on another hiss.] Because we are more than our rage, and broadcasting so only draws more of them to us.

7. Aodhán

Aodhán saltwater and spite

Wellllllll, because it wouldn’t work in here, for starters? [innocent face. ] And really that’s not exactly fair retribution considering that I did nothing equivalent to massive cranial trauma.
    [consider whether he should cash in on that free “thank you” right now. hmmmmmmm]
    So you guard shit for a living?

8. Fajjan-daro

Fajjan-daro Cat About Town

Eh. Fajjan did. Now adventuring pays-- people like the shiny things, the rare herbs, the hides. For the right price, of course, this one will return to guarding, but guarding in dreams is not much food in the real stomach, hm?

• Agree x 1
  9. Valentin Cousland

[Dragons can pout it turns out.]
    Please, I'm a pup, and I'm very cute!

They would need to catch me to sacrifice me, right? Survived Ostagar, Figure I'm going to survive the void if I need to.

[Tinny almost subconsciously mirrors the deep breath swallowing a hiss of his own.]
    The last time I let people underestimate me, and disrespect me, my parents and sister in law and nephew were murdered in cold blood. You don't know what it is like, to be small and soft and shy and have people disrespect you for it. Rage serves me well enough for the moment.
    [He settles down a little, gradually, huffing out another breath.]
    But this is... unbecoming, you are right.

Welllllll, you threw pillows at me! And then asked why you should feel intimidated, because you're oh so much bigger. Is it my problem you can't handle when people make threats to your face?

10. Beres-Taar

Beres-Taar Blood calls

[Shrug.] You know your strengths. Running at a keep full of blood mages alone, head-on... Even I took an army with me.

[Earflick. Another deep breath. No hissing, this time! There's a faint flicker of something that might be a smile, or might just be baring fangs.] Shy and underestimated, no, but I do have some experience with being angry enough to try to tear the world to shreds. It is rarely a good idea, and often regretted in the aftermath. Rage is as much a weapon as any blade. Treat it as one.

11. Valentin Cousland

I mean, I am a weapon now. Pointed at Darkspawn, not my fellow men, but nevertheless.
    [There's definitely some bitterness there. He's okay being a Warden! And he loves Alistair! But he's not sure he'll ever be able to fully forgive Duncan, though one shouldn't speak ill of the dead of course.]
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you deal with all this. [He waves a hand] You probably have enough of your own sh-- stuff to deal with.

12. Beres-Taar

Beres-Taar Blood calls

[Headtilt.] Yes. Many of us are. But a weapon is treated with respect; one does not swing a sword wildly, hacking up friend and foe alike.
    ...the reminder is useful for me as well. All I have to 'deal with' at the moment is travel, and it is... less centering than it might be.

13. Valentin Cousland

No way to go on a little detour, ride alone and clear your head? I don't know which direction you're headed and where from, but the Storm Coast and the Bannorn are nice for calming. There's this little stretch halfway between West Hill and Lake Calenhad, where a sidearm of the River Dane becomes almost terraced, washing out minerals and clay from the rock around it as it runs down hill. It's soft and nice and the place is hard enough to find and reach with horses not from the region there'll be almost no one to bother you. The water's great for your skin too and helps with fatigue!

14. Beres-Taar

Beres-Taar Blood calls

Hah. No. Orlais. All of Orlais. Adamant Fortress in the western desert back up to the Frostbacks. Walking the desert alone... isn't the best idea right now. If we end up back in Fereldan I might look for that, though.

15. Valentin Cousland

[He pulls a face]
    Well I have heard there's some nice places on the other side of the Frostbacks from us, but I don't know if that's worth dealing with Orlais for. I mean I suppose there's... worse places, but they're so... fussy?
    But yes, deserts sound dangerous places to be alone in. Almost like the Ice wastes in the deep south.

16. Beres-Taar

Beres-Taar Blood calls

Mm. Demon army was in Orlais, so we went to Orlais to clean it up. At least Fereldan's honest when it wants to stick a sword in someone. [Shrug.] The Hinterlands are bad enough in winter, I haven't seen the need to press even further south.

17. Valentin Cousland

There's good furs and some unique alchemical components, but there's a reason the chasind revere death as a warrior woman painted in blood.

18. Beres-Taar

Beres-Taar Blood calls

[Bemused stare. Why do people keep trying to religion at the Tal-Vashoth.] ...because who wouldn't revere a warrior covered in the blood of his enemies?

19. Valentin Cousland

It's a bit unclear if she's wearing the blood of their enemies, or their blood, I think? Chasind stuff is complicated. A-anyways all that is to say that it's really really cold down south, even if there's good stuff to be found there.

20. Beres-Taar

Beres-Taar Blood calls

...yes. This is known. It is part of why we do not go so far south. The Chasind are... some kind of people?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice