SPR After Party 3 - To Be Named When Less Drunk

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Aodhán

Aodhán saltwater and spite

No.
    I don’t see why you’re apologizing.
    [growl grumblegrumble grumble]
    ....Fine.
    [to maikel:] I shouldn’t have said that.

2. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

[pap the fae. Well done Aodhan, you attempted a diplomacy!]

3. Brejan Lavellan

Brejan Lavellan Not THE hero, just trying to save the world | 18+

Oh certainly. I'm sure you're a good deal healthier than I am but warmth is nice even if it's not the only way to let you actually move.
    [What's this? Time to switch to the teablend she's actually supposed to drink, though she doesn't have to brew anything, apparently the reminder is enough that the mug in her hand simply changes to a pungently herbacious and medicinal smelling liquid. She doesn't even seem to notice, just sipping it and then setting it aside again to pick a bit more of Aodhan's food up with her fingers, nibbling on treats one after another. She seems delighted either way, still easily pleased by new food.]

It never does, no, but it's... useful to beat them at their own games. And I can never get myself to oppose their nonsense openly, I'm so afraid they will try to make someone else suffer if I'm too much of a thorn in their side in too inconvenient a way. So I had to learn to play to a degree.
    [She pulls a face].

4. Aodhán

[he rolls his eyes but allows the papping, might even enjoy it] Happy now?
    What’s wrong with you? [he can feel...something off, but he’s not sure what. Shrimpteresting.]

I don’t know, I just...like the idea of warmer waters. I’ve never actually been.

5. Brejan Lavellan

I've... always been frail and in poor health, pretty much since birth. It only got worse when I was exposed to all the stress leading the Inquisition brought, and of course the anchor in connection with working as a rift mage... well it almost tore my body to shreds. I don't have the anchor anymore but it has been explained that my reliance and careless exploitation of it with barely understood experimental thaumaturgic methods practically unravelled the nerves in my arm, and the damage is still tangible. Luckily Andy was less affected by it all, he can wear prostheses when needed. My arm's too sensitive to pressure and weight for it. I'm honestly lucky to have survived all the nonsense I got up to.

• Witnessed x 1
  6. Matthias

Yes, quite [paping continues]

one of these days you should take a Caribbean vacation for us all.

7. Aodhán

And there’s no healers that can help repair that damage? [he leans in curiously]
    Mm. I might not come back, if I did.

8. Matthias

Somehow i doubt that, between Asher and me [he snorts]

9. Aodhán

[shrug] I don’t know. There’s an awful lot of things to see in the world, besides you two. Maybe I find something I like better?

I like you two a lot, but I can’t compare it to something I’ve never had yet.

10. Matthias

If so, good luck [But he's pretty sure that Aodhan is too possessive to run off for good]

11. Brejan Lavellan

Some damage cannot be repaired magically. The... remaining damage in my arm is worsened by my own magic, mana spilling out into that part of my body. Adding more magical energy just makes it worse. My frailty... well it can be slightly bettered for a time with spellwork, but it is too exhausting for the healers for too little benefit. And there's risk in every spell. It would be wrong to... to ask someone to take on a risk like that when I am not dying. Alchemical and medicinal solutions are safer.

12. Maikel Lavellan

Maikel Lavellan absolute disaster | 18+

...Because I made you hate me? [It's now Maikel's turn with the confuse.jpg]

It's fine? [More confuse.]

All I ever get for trying to play the Game is more assassins after me. If they want to go bother someone else, they can go right ahead.

13. Brejan Lavellan

[with a freezing cold false serenity]
    Well, it's not really bothering to send all those assassins after my husbands, or my advisors, or my children when they think I'm too cocky. Or after Clan Lavellan! I may be exiled for bearing so many elfbloods, but I still have family. Cullen has a family. And Orlesians are nothing if not petty. And even they pale in comparison to the Tevinters my oldest son has to interact with regularly.
    [Ah yes, living in constant fear, the best part of politics]

14. Maikel Lavellan

...Sorry, I wasn't thinking. At least I don't have to worry abput them going after anyone but me.

15. Brejan Lavellan

... I'm sorry too, that was... unnecessarily pointed of me. And... I'm sure there's someone you care about, that cares about you in return. It may be a risk sometimes, but it's still important to have people you can trust and who you care about.
    [f..... fuss???]

16. Maikel Lavellan

[pressxtodoubt.jpg] It's fine, it got your point across. I have people I can trust. Well, I hope I can.

17. Brejan Lavellan

I'm sure they are worthy of your trust. I mean you wouldn't have survived this long if you didn't have some amount of ability to tell who is trustworthy.

18. Maikel Lavellan

...No? I'm still alive because Solas is good at healing. And people keep talking about how he can't be trusted, so. [He shrugs.]

19. Brejan Lavellan

[She sighs]
    Solas is... an unfortunate exception to everyone's good judgement it seems. I was quite good friends with him too, please do not think I'm... smug or something. Well, good friends besides his generalized disgust with me for buddying up to humans and the chantry, and letting the Wardens get away with things... inviting the Templars into Haven and then Skyhold with open arms because someone had to help them... But I also had a couple years on you to mull things over in hindsight, and I did realize who he was before he could tell me and act all... arrogant about it. But that does not mean I expect everyone to just divine the fact that he's, well, a wolf bastard.
    You must have other friends besides him though. I hope?

20. Maikel Lavellan

If I can't trust him then I can't trust anyone. What am I supposed to do then?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice