1. Got more to do, but reached a good stopping point and things seem to be working.
    Dismiss Notice

SPR After Party 3 - To Be Named When Less Drunk

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Hiroshi Saitou

Hiroshi Saitou [BLAMELESS]|18+

Chemistry? I suppose. The connections, spoken and unspoken, between characters, the relentless vacuum of space between them desperate to be filled, the spark of passion that blazes alight when least expected or convenient--I do care about that. I just dress it in the trappings of the genre and tool the conventions to my use. I have very little interest in plot, you see, so romance was the only genre left to me.
    I wonder what it must be like, to be immortal. I don't suppose you could ask her? [He's not going to mention that warping space and time to leap through reality is something highly-skilled fighters can do as well. Battle fields have their own rules, after all.]
    He and I are bound by one name, and ordering him is like ordering a limb of mine to move. It's simply how we were made. I, to give orders. Him, to take them. I, to bear the damage of our fights. Him, to deal it.

[Someday, he'll get tired of answering that question.] The ears, like the tail, are a vestigial and external symbol of virginity. I get cruder every time I have to explain, don't I? Terribly sorry. They fall off after the first time.

2. Geme-Enlila

Geme-Enlila New Member

[Of course the Dame can do it whenever she damn well pleases, battlefield or now] she seems to be enjoying herself, really.

Enjoying what? [There She Is. In all her glory, gold dusted dark cheeks and gold bangles and bespoke blue silk dress wrapping around her in a way that says 'i was tailored specifically for this one person' without revealing much skin aside from her face and lower arms. Her hair's held up in a complicated spiral braid held in place by more lapis pins]

3. Asaaranda Adaar

Asaaranda Adaar Girl Shaped Thunderstorm | 18+

... That sounds inconvenient. Tails change your balance. Ears change what you hear. Does anyone in your world fuck at all then or have you found a creative solution?
    [Her tone does not change one bit, and she says 'fuck' with the same serene breathy whisper as the rest of her words.]

• Winner x 3
  4. Hiroshi Saitou

Immortality. Watching the world turn around you, as people live and die, civilizations rise and fall. I wondered what it was like.
    The change in hearing isn't noticeable, though balance can take a time to recover, as I understand. Most people lose their ears in secondary school or shortly after, and it's somewhat childish to retain them into adulthood in the eyes of many. It does require genital involvement however, with penetrative sex being the most common. Oral intercourse typically only affects the recipient. [His voice is perfectly smooth and even as well. He could be talking about financials for the quarter, for all the excitement he shows.]

5. Geme-Enlila

Geme-Enlila New Member

It's informative, to say the least. You gain an excellent understanding for the human condition and its patterns, and an even better one of the fleetingness of time. You learn to take happiness where you can and protect it with claws and teeth while it lasts. You learn that if you let people forget, they will keep falling into the same patterns again and again and therefore someone has to remember. Usually, that someone will be you.

6. Asaaranda Adaar

[She humms]
    That would have only messed me up until recently then, I suppose. The balance part. A mercenary that lost his footing over a change like that is at risk. Why would it be seen as childish? Sometimes people never find a good enough reason or a person they click with, or they just do not want to. It does not matter. Except in so far as having a tail makes it easier to move low to the ground I have heard. The counter-weight and counter-movement helps stabilize things.
    [Why. does she know so much about how tails work.]

7. Aodhán

Aodhán saltwater and spite

Romances have perfectly good plots, they're just focused around the personal. [eye roll] You don't sound like you enjoy what you do.

8. Hiroshi Saitou

Hm. I can't decide if it sounds lovely or torturous.
    There's not a great deal of reason for someone to need the extra balance, sports aside. Not these days, at least. So in a way, loosing one's ears is seen as shrugging off the naivety of childhood, replacing it with the maturity of adulthood. And thus, the reverse.
    Well, I could always write tiresome metaphorical literature about professors and professionals that want to fuck their delicate ingenue morality pets, but that's a hint too pretentious even for me. I enjoy the act of writing. I care very little, one way or another, for the finished product. [He lifts the manuscript on the table up, with all its red ink, and waves it in the air.]

9. Asaaranda Adaar

Children may be naive, but I cannot see what sex has to do with that. Or with maturity for that matter. It is something one does, not something one is.

10. Hiroshi Saitou

It is the dominant mode of cultural thought where I'm from, that sex is the true dividing line between innocent youth and tarnished adulthood. If I put much credence in it, I wouldn't have my ears.

11. Asaaranda Adaar

... that sounds silly. Especially people wanting to lose them if adulthood is seen as 'tarnished'. But I do not know, I was not brought up to think sex or the absence thereof were particularly noteworthy. It is just something some people enjoy to do, like using a whetstone, or doing stretches, or painting, dealing a clean death, figuring out a puzzle.

12. Aodhán

Aodhán saltwater and spite

[aodhan rolls his eyes again]
    My work is better when I'm interested in the finished project, but whatever pays your bills, I guess. Do you have anything you do care about, for reading?

13. Dorothea Arnault

Dorothea Arnault A rose with thorns

If you're certain...Still, it's a dream! Might as well have fun with it while you can. Anyway...

Well, it's good to see that I got it in one. Though I can't say I really expected this to be the answer. So it's not just a case of 'Oh, I am the one who has power of you! Do as I say!' There's a sort of consequence to matters. Well, no. There is for things in general, but the way you're saying this all it sounds like...let's say I were to slap a 'Fighter'. Their Sacrifice would be the one who feels that, right? So a bit more direct in the consequence department than a general ordering his troops.

Hmm. That must be a tough system to work around. Might be a bit more exciting than poring through dusty old tomes though.

Uh...huh. So like a soulmate then? But real. That's being a bit mean to hopeless romantics but this seems like it's a bit more concrete. I mean if you're sharing dreams.

...though now that brings up the question of how we're sharing dreams. -She groans when she realizes that such a question would likely hurt her head.- Where is Lin when you need him. He'd probably be taking a nap even here to be fair...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice