1. Got more to do, but reached a good stopping point and things seem to be working.
    Dismiss Notice

SPR After Party 4 - A Rave In Wine

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Integritas, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Asher Lachance

Asher Lachance nice going dude you deactivated my charcoal

Ehhh. [he makes a wobbly hand gesture] I have no fucking clue what's going on, like, 98 percent of the time. And the other two percent is, like, oh, time to get experimented on, close your eyes and think of England or whatever.
    You a mind reader or is your godly definition of secrets just super broad?
    ......You good?

2. Uallach Eisner

Uallach Eisner Just a teacher

When you put it that way. Still. We need to look at all the options, right? -She pauses again looking over her shoulder seemingly at someone.- ...I am?

-Uallach turns her head to notice that she is, in fact, being talked to. Oh. Oh huh. She opens her mouth slightly in surprise, before closing it and again returning to her neutral blank stare.-

Yes. Fine. -Her tone is as flat as her expression- There is just something happening. Where I'm from. Hello. -She takes a bow.- Uallach Eisner, professor.

3. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

well then.

Because the dead where I'm from tend to eat people. We don't have guardians - or a Traveler, for that matter - we got like Revenants. [He summons up the image of one fresh from the grave and hungry, thus having made short work of a rat it came across. It ain't pretty] Those things. And they do the same thing to people if you don't get them under control soon enough to literally knock their higher brain functions back online, or they do it to people until they activated their higher brain functions by themselves but that tends to take one to six people, depending on what sort of brain they munch on in the meantime.

...yeah it's been around here before. Much more friendly than yours [He's still dancing with it]

4. Al Rakis

Al Rakis Harmony within, hurricane without

No. I have not. I still would not try to stop you from leaving the Tower. I would rather go with you.

[Headtilt.] Is that an issue?

5. Hall-9

Hall-9 A Fire Against Darkness |18+

[He turns, then begins pointedly and threateningly reassembling his rifle. Youuuuu stay there.]

[He shrugs hugely]
    Sounds like the Taken, 'cept they don't have higher brain functions at all as far as we can tell. Not by themselves at least. How do you get a Revenant, do you just shove a corpse in a spooky thing of reality breaking nonsense?

[He reaches up blindly to pat Al's cheek, or at least close enough]
    No you don't. You'd hate me for it and think I'm insane to live like that.

6. Al Rakis

No. I would not hate you or think you're insane. I would be happy to know that you have someone watching your back.

7. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

No, not at all. I'm just used to things having namens.

I don't make them [well. Revenants at least] but usually you get them from burying people in ground that's soaked up a lot of magic. If you put someone in ground like that, sometimes they crawl back out, hella hungry. They either feed themselves until they start being people again or i intercept them before anyone gets eaten. The General consensus is 'undead anything eating people is bad' [for obvious reasons]

8. Asher Lachance

[he raises his eyebrows] Something that makes you talk to yourself?

...Asher Lachance, uh, student I guess.
    [he snorts]
    Well it’s not like that’s hard. Mine is like, super duper ultimate evil. You could just be, like, malevolent and still qualify as much more friendly.

9. Hall-9

[Hall practically freezes in place, clearly unsure whether he should trust this or not.]
    That's dumb. You should care about yourself, not me.

Huh.
    [even without much face to emote with he clearly has wheels turning in his head right now.]
    So, say I know a place that's just full of dangerous levels of magic to the point where it's literally the reason an entire swathe of land is known as 'dead zone' because it tends to kill people exposed to it a lot, and I went and buried a body there.... could that bring said bodies back?

10. Al Rakis

Many things don't have names. Do you name everything you see? That seems tedious.

I am entirely capable of caring about you and myself at the same time. Do you only care for yourself?

11. Hall-9

I don't care about anything or anyone, you know that. Hunters are solitary creatures.

12. Al Rakis

[That's exactly the response Al was expecting, but he still goes right back to his kicked puppy look.] You can be solitary and still care. Cayde cares.

13. Hall-9

He pretends he cares. It's a difference. Cayde knows how to play an audience.
    [He shifts a bit, leaning more solidly against Al, all solid heat and carefully contained fire.]
    He teaches most Gunslingers. Why do you think we're all so fucked up?

14. Al Rakis

Because you all think that you can only rely on yourselves and a gun. This is untrue. Even if it is what you're taught.

15. Hall-9

Guns are simple. The wilds are simple. People are complicated. A wild animal will kill you because you're on its turf, or because it's hungry. People think too much, and kill too little and make too much fuss about everything.
    [He pokes Al's forehead, a small and clearly telegraphed motion]
    Like fussing about whether or not we rely on others like that's some sort of slight.

16. Uallach Eisner

-What is that thing? Uallach does not know. But she does know it is some sort of weapon. She knows a threat display when she sees one. Uallach takes a step back and braces herself, her hand going to the hilt of her dagger. She is safe in the dreams but trained instinct is hard to get past entirely.-

Is this necessary?

It's not to myself.

-She raises a hand to her chin and tilts her head some as she thinks this through.- There is a girl there, but she can't be seen. Except by me. Though maybe she could in a dream? -Realizing that that sounds even stranger she drops her hand and frowns.- Which just sounds like I'm crazy...

So a student then. You know Matt? -She looks over at the familiar face and voice. He is a good man.-

17. Hall-9

You tell me, missy, you're the one just walking up to people while talking to yourself. I'm just taking care of my field kit.
    [He's got his own knife. He's also got a sword, and more guns, and a lack of self-preservation sense.]

18. Asher Lachance

[alright...imaginary friend. probably harmless, right? just don’t acknowledge the imaginary-ness of it all]

I mean, weirder shit’s happened in here, right?

Yeah, I know Matt, we’re like totally besties. I guess he sort of counts as one of my teachers. [ew]

19. Al Rakis

I am not fussing. I am expressing concern for my friend's safety. You would not have to deal with this if you didn't go out alone so often.

20. Uallach Eisner

I'm not talking to myself. -She takes her hand off the knife and forces herself to take a more relaxed stance.- Just doing some maintenance then? -She honestly doubts that and remains certain of her initial guess at it being a threat. But there's no point in escalating things if it can be avoided.-

I saw a god the last time I was here. Hel. So weirder things have happened. At least I think that's weirder. She was very...large. It's hard to describe.

He is a teacher then? Sort of? -She tilts her head at that- Informal mentor then? Either way he is a good man so he must be a good teacher too. -Uallach has no idea what she has bumblefucked her way into if it is anything at all.-

-The presence, heavy as it is, continues to remain out of sight for the time being. But it watches the people about them curiously. Perhaps it will pity her in due time but for the moment staying hidden is fine. There is something rather...nerve wracking. About the idea of being seen by others after so long.-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice