SQUAWK! (Hawkeguy's nonsense - IN SPACE!)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Hawkeguy, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

a, nice! an all-purpose semi-diary thread not riddled with suicidal thoughts and other ailings!
    i'm so looking forward to subjecting everyone to, among other things, calligraphy attempts, the weekly struggle that is feasting my eyes on the art store windows, cool plants and cool pants, college woes etc. etc.
    feel free to come yell in here! 8D

edit: i made it cursed by virtue of being myself so uh, FAIR WARNING?!?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  2. Hawkeguy

i'm in kind of a LotR mood and wanna sketch some print ideas when i'm done with homework, maybe one (1) silm art? i never read it and tbh don't really want to - the enthusiastic recaps briar's been subjecting me to are infinitely more entertaining than the small bits i did slog through 8,D
    hmm. hobbit print...three hunters, also...and maybe a sticker of a happy gandalf with a pipe...
    (if there's one thing i'm always thinking about it's opportunities for art capitalism)

• Like x 2
  3. Hawkeguy

i'm aro because the only person on this planet worth being schmoozy at is myself and i don't have access to clone tech

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Winner x 1
  4. Hawkeguy

i like how my Must Be Dead Respectable At All Times phase is slowly waning out, even out of lizardbrain.
    it allows me important things, like letting everyone know that i'm horny for DnD goliaths

• Winner x 1
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

i am not sure what a dnd goliath looks like but i am deeply curious now

6. Hawkeguy

[​IMG]
    those large creachers! they're..good...

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

ooh, not really my type (gender aside) but i can def see the appeal! (also good face tats i love)

8. Hawkeguy

part of me really wants to write that longform sequel transformers fic in my head, but i'm scared because it's entirely gen. and the TFs fandom is so incredibly ship-based that it's so uncomfortable at times because i don't understand what even makes romance different from friendship, so i can say "x said i love you to y" while other plot is going on and if i like their previous interactions enough, but i don't understand what makes romance for romance's sake worth reading, but i want people to read my story when it's out.
    but also...space adventures with all my favorite robots! and mysterious planets and alien civilizations and the crew of my favorite spaceship being the chaotic dumbass dork pile they are!!! aaaa!!!

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I would read it bc pls give me more genfic, especially plotty genfic.

• Agree x 1
  10. Hawkeguy

i so hope i'll have more time to write said sequelfic after the semester ends. ROBOT ADVENTURES, HAWKE STYLE
    also occasionally i get hit wish a pang of "IDW transformers is FUCKING GAY" and feel like all is safe and right in the world which is the greatest of all feelings.

• Like x 2
  11. Hawkeguy

hap 2019. college is crashing down over my head cos turns out i can still not handle many uninteresting things simultaneously, but that's ok. in the meanwhile.......
    ...i wanna make actual multi page comics and such. or more of them. last time i did comics was at age 14 and those are all lost, so now i gotta work hard to catch up on all those years Not Doing Comics.
    did i mention that i fucking love comics? i fucking lvoe comics lads

also my moirail is the actual best, and i love them like a shit ton and everyone has to know that. it is mandatory

one more year alive. robot dinosaurs are still the coolest thing. cheers

• Winner x 3
  12. Hawkeguy

my brain just made the most cursed sentence
    and it's "nice neon lights oh f uck i don't watch my ass i'm gonna end up like todd mcfarlane but moneyless and short" and then it made a WORSE one (nsfw. double cursed)
    and went "given an extremely specific hypothetical set of circumstances (me, but a successful comic writerartist, discussing the production of action figures of my transformers OCs) i would fuck todd mcfarlane because his nose looks cool"
    and excuse me while i write a lengthy country ballad about this

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Winner x 2
  13. Hawkeguy

i kinda wanna catch up on steven universe but I'M ALSO STILL MAD THAT THEY THREW PERIDOT'S IPAD AWAY
    yes
    that salty
    that's so dumb!! just let her have it! as someone very attached to some objects who needs to always carry the most important ones around that was so stupid!!!

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. Hawkeguy

something something osmosis but thanks to a certain twitter artist i follow my instinctual reaction to ratchet is "THAT'S my WIFE!!" and tbh? very fair. i love ratchet the grumpy ambulance bot.

• Winner x 3
  15. Hawkeguy

yesterday i found out some of my online friends were using sketches i made of their DnD characters as their lockscreens, and i don't think i've been that happy all week! it's cool - knowing people have stuff i made around them in their daily lives.

• Winner x 4
  16. Hawkeguy

today in "ayreon awesome hdsgdhsgd":

the variety of instruments, the prayer, the way the segments mix and play into each other. SHIVERRRRSSS

• Like x 2
  17. Hawkeguy

thinking 'bout shattered glass! IDW rodimus (read: hilariously edgy opposite-verse Best Boy), because i absolutely want to write a low effort comics about him that caters first and foremost to whatever my brain thinks passes for comedy. (shattered glass has so much potential for absolutely galaxy brain takes, like a whole universe of deadpools with less fourth-wall-breaking.)
    regular flavor rodders reads as a low empathy kinda guy to me, a low-to-no empathy heavily projecting fanboy, but even when he doesn't bother to navigate people's emotions he's not malicious. poking around in other's feelings and baiting them, sure, but hurty isn't his thing. so what if i positioned SG!rodimus as someone who actively feels with people, and uses that knowledge in awful ways to play people out against each other and to derail each and any accusation agains this...shattered-glass-ness with a lot of drawn out arguing? i should probably just write out some turdy script and see where it goes with him.

• Like x 2
  18. Hawkeguy

i like this one and i feel obligated to share it because it's been on all my playlists for ages.

19. Hawkeguy

me? projecting the everpresent lingering fear of my literally-founded-by-roman-emperor-augustus town and all of it's history and buildings being wiped from existence on some overrated transformer? 's more likely than you think.
    anyways i have a chronic loathing of people reducing rodimus of nyon, space dingus and aspiring ship dad extraordinaire, to his backstory from phase 1 because it turns into nothing but aaaaangst really quick, so i'll keep this short.
    a vague headcanon i've got for rodimus' hometown is that it's kinda like my own - old and full of history and lots of archivey things. and then started going to shit long before rodders was even a scrap of metal and a spark on the ground, and he's learned How To Bot being surrounded by scraps of stories about the ruins of city walls and space robot libraries, and the history of the area, which i'm taking as a valid explanation for his rose-tinted view towards the (actually shitty) golden age of cybertron.
    'cause, fuck, i'm already unhappy the city just lets some old buildings sit there and rot, gotta have somewhere to put my anxieties.

20. Hawkeguy

rewatched some of mob psycho 100 with some discord friends yesterday. the scene where kid mob kept showing off his stuff, but the other kid got bored of it, and went on to pick on him for his expression...something about that hit me right in the honey nut feelios.
    i'm not psychic, but i'm some flavor o' Weird, and i appreciate it so much when i find characters that resonate with my kind of Weird. and all the obstacles that come with them, and they're not fixed with a talk and a hug, because there's no fixing this shit.
    also, MP100 gives me the same vibes of visual, emotional and thematic density that i got from gravity falls, that's a bit indescribable but always a good thing!!

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice